MMA-UFC UFC 300 - April 13 (14) 2024 - Alex Pereira vs Jamahal Hill - Las Vegas

Remove this Banner Ad

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
ufc 300 card.png

Dana said in the UFC 298 post fight press conference that they tried three different opponents for Leon Edwards and Leon said yes to all three.

He didn't explain why those three potential opponents didn't sign the dotted line, but mentioned 'timing' and injuries.

Take anything he says with a grain of salt but Dana also said it wasn't to do with money at all.

In any case, by Dana's own words, Pereira vs Hill was, at best, fourth on his priority list for the UFC 300 main event.

And that's without factoring in Izzy, DDP, and whoever else.

It still shapes up as an excellent card overall and we're only two months away.

Last edited:
View attachment 1908112

Dana said in the UFC 298 post fight press conference that they tried three different opponents for Leon Edwards and Leon said yes to all three.

He didn't explain why those three potential opponents didn't sign the dotted line, but mentioned 'timing' and injuries.

Take anything he says with a grain of salt but Dana also said it wasn't to do with money at all.

In any case, by Dana's own words, Pereira vs Hill was, at best, fourth on his priority list for the UFC 300 main event.

And that's without factoring in Izzy, DDP, and whoever else.

It still shapes up as an excellent card overall and we're only two months away.
Khamzat Ramadan, Islam Ramadan, Shavkat injury are the 3 potential match ups I think.
Haha I know sometimes it's bullshit when the UFC doesn't make the right fights but I love that they've just looked at Belal and gone yeah nah haha.

So it looks like we're all getting what we wanted - Cody Brundage on the main card of UFC 300

Nickel vs Brundage is quite possibly the most minor fight on this entire card, yet will come after Oliveira vs Tsarukyan!

Y'all doing Bo Nickal dirty. 😂
In saying that, I'd prefer Green vs Miller in that spot. Miller's final dance n all.
Tell me one thing Bo Nickel has done to make me wanna watch?

Garbrandt vs Figgy is 50x more watchable and that's not even a top 5 fight on the card.

Tell me one thing Bo Nickel has done to make me wanna watch?

Garbrandt vs Figgy is 50x more watchable and that's not even a top 5 fight on the card.
Was thinking more this, Jiri vs Rakic, or Kattar vs Aljo, but sure throw Jim Miller up there as well :tearsofjoy:

So it looks like we're all getting what we wanted - Cody Brundage on the main card of UFC 300

Nickel vs Brundage is quite possibly the most minor fight on this entire card, yet will come after Oliveira vs Tsarukyan!
Idk why the UFC is pushing the Nickel hypetrain so hard. He has no marketability and seems like a bit of a dickhead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Idk why the UFC is pushing the Nickel hypetrain so hard. He has no marketability and seems like a bit of a dickhead.

I'm guessing he has some sort of profile with US fans because of the Hodge trophy, and they often don't get these gun wrestlers to MMA before they hit they peak. I guess they figure it's a good bet to make, I mean you'd think in 4 years he'll be an absolute beast, I'm sure he'll drop one or two before them.

Was thinking more this, Jiri vs Rakic, or Kattar vs Aljo, but sure throw Jim Miller up there as well :tearsofjoy:
Miller is much loved. Holds UFC records for most fights and most wins. He fought on 100, 200 and now 300. He could easily be the first fight on ppv.
I hope he gets a send off similar to what Lawler got.. would be awesome.

Miller is much loved. Holds UFC records for most fights and most wins. He fought on 100, 200 and now 300. He could easily be the first fight on ppv.
I hope he gets a send off similar to what Lawler got.. would be awesome.
Can't deny his popularity but it needs to be on scale. Robbie Lawler he is not. Miller opened the UFC 200 early prelims, 8 years and 9 losses ago. Has no place on the main card even with the good will.

Nice couple wmma fights for a piss break aswell

I’m keen to see Harrison v Holm, I really want to see if she can actually make the weight for starters.

As DazalenkoUBewty said every fight is top shelf, though so was 200 and I feel that event didn’t really live up to the hype. Anyway should be fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back