MMA-UFC UFC 294: Makhachev vs Volkanovski 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you talking about his speech in regards to the conflicts and wars going on?

All the fighters that commented on the war only mentioned Palestine. People die on both sides but you can't pity a Jewish child being killed it seems.

I guess the event location doesn't favour mentioning Israel.
Might want to watch Khamzat's again? Specifically mentions several religions and with the key emphasis on any children dying.

Gaethje will just get taken down and mauled. Charles has more finishing upside

I dont necessarily think he'll win hes just my fav LW, probably ever. I do think hes the most chance of anyone to win though
Well I mean, that's what happened to Charles? I don't give any of them much chance, but my view is that it's slightly more likely Islam gets caught by a hail-mary from Gaethje than in a sub by Oliveira.

Are you talking about his speech in regards to the conflicts and wars going on?

All the fighters that commented on the war only mentioned Palestine. People die on both sides but you can't pity a Jewish child being killed it seems.

I guess the event location doesn't favour mentioning Israel.
He literally said he hates seeing children die, no matter Muslim, Christian or Jewish you absolute donk.

What's your point? Because the reference you used to jump on this little rant you posted was literally you not reading/listening to it and making s**t up

Might want to watch Khamzat's again? Specifically mentions several religions and with the key emphasis on any children dying.
Missed that, thanks.

I guess I listened to the locations he mention which excluded Israel who were the ones attacked. He can mention 'Jewish' because that doesn't specifically include Israel.

I don't have a dog in the fight, I just hate the suffering war creates and everyone is affected by that.

He literally said he hates seeing children die, no matter Muslim, Christian or Jewish you absolute donk.

What's your point? Because the reference you used to jump on this little rant you posted was literally you not reading/listening to it and making s**t up
Jews are a religion throughout the world, Israel is a nation. Palestine however is a nation, not a religion.

Please find me a quote of Israel being mentioned during the event.

The event was charged both religiously and politically, which benefits no one.

Peace is what matters.

Last edited:
Volk comes across as a massive company man but to take this fight on 2 weeks notice is stupid, Makhachev will submit him in the 1st.

I didn't get the method right but I nailed it, was never going to be competitive off 12 days, shame because Volk is definitely good enough to beat him, should have waited until late next year for number 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah that Philly shell is gonna look horrible when Islam shoots for the takedown
Assume you mean Chimaev

Strickland only needs to survive round 1-2, once it gets deep he'll take over. Strickland has pretty good TDD too

Based on Chimaev fights against top 10 guys how could anyone be super confident in him over 5 rounds...

Assume you mean Chimaev

Strickland only needs to survive round 1-2, once it gets deep he'll take over. Strickland has pretty good TDD too

Based on Chimaev fights against top 10 guys how could anyone be super confident in him over 5 rounds...

Agreed. He almost got knocked out by Burns, I don't see him being as good as his getting hyped personally.

Assume you mean Chimaev

Because are we forgetting that Pereria nearly killed Strickland not that long ago?

Jews are a religion throughout the world, Israel is a nation. Palestine however is a nation, not a religion.

Please find me a quote of Israel being mentioned during the event.

The event was charged both religiously and politically, which benefits no one.

Peace is what matters.
Peace was very much the message of the post-match speeches I saw. Also need to take into account that these are devout Muslims speaking, so wanting Israel to be specifically mentioned is asking a lot.

Assume you mean Chimaev

It's a narrative that can be shaped both ways though. Was just a war with Burns from the onset and he pulled it off, and now he's managed to turn the tide after a tough 2nd round against one of the best ever. The cardio is a question but fighting through adversity certainly isn't.

You guys were comparing Burns and Strickland like they are relevant.
When guys survive the first round Chimaev struggles. Burns and Usman made it, and they were only 3 rounders

If (big if) Strickland can get it late into the 3rd and beyond, he'll end him.

I know you like arguing everything but this is a pretty simple concept to follow

You guys were comparing Burns and Strickland like they are relevant.
Another useless comparison we can make is - Khamzat > Usman > Strickland.

We were all rubbishing Strickland just 6 weeks ago. His last three have been impressive (and obviously amazing against Izzy), but prior to that he struggled with Pereira, Cannonier and Hermansson. He has good TDD, no doubt, but Usman has amazing TDD and look what happened. Strickland can win, but all factors considered, surely Khamzat has to be favoured?

Another useless comparison we can make is - Khamzat > Usman > Strickland.

We were all rubbishing Strickland just 6 weeks ago. His last three have been impressive (and obviously amazing against Izzy), but prior to that he struggled with Pereira, Cannonier and Hermansson. He has good TDD, no doubt, but Usman has amazing TDD and look what happened. Strickland can win, but all factors considered, surely Khamzat has to be favoured?
Yes he'll be favoured. Strickland odds to be above $3.

Why has DDP been forgotten anyway, he was supposed to be next.

Almost like title shots don't go to number 1 contenders but just whoever is ready when they need a headliner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back