Love this card, every bit has good as 300 if not better

Sean O'Malley (c)vs. Marlon Vera
Dustin Poirier vs. Benoît Saint Denis
Kevin Holland vs. Michael Page
Gilbert Burns
vs. Jack Della Maddalena
Petr Yan vs. Song Yadong

Not hugely confident in those picks mind you. Very even matchups
Only one I'm confident in is O'Malley imo. Rest are pick ems.

Goes without saying but I'd love JDM to box the head off Gilbert

Only one I'm confident in is O'Malley imo. Rest are pick ems.

Goes without saying but I'd love JDM to box the head off Gilbert
JDM got taken down multiple times per round by that last guy on short notice. If Burns gets him down he'll have much better top control and if he gets to side control it's over via head and arm choke. Burns gets to that effortlessly when in side control or even half guard

I think Burns wins but hope I'm wrong.

JDM got taken down multiple times per round by that last guy on short notice. If Burns gets him down he'll have much better top control and if he gets to side control it's over via head and arm choke. Burns gets to that effortlessly when in side control or even half guard

I think Burns wins but hope I'm wrong.
He didn't get overly controlled though, he kept going for that stupid guillotine and giving up position that way. Other than that the threat didn't seem that bad.

Am I the only one that thinks Dustin walks through BSD without an issue
The blokes best win is Frevola and Dustin isn't making a quick turnaround from the Justin KO
Definitely feels that way to me. Dustin is an elite, all-round fighter. I have no reason to believe BSD is on his level. Happy for him to step up and prove me wrong though.

Sean O'Malley (c) vs. Marlon Vera - If Max doesn't have the best chin right now, Chito does. I don't think O'Malley needs to knock him out though, he can just batter him for 5 rounds. I'm confident but not as much as some.
Kevin Holland vs. Michael Page - Similar to the Wonderboy situation; MVP is just a better striker and Holland being game is going to be his downfall.
Gilbert Burns vs. Jack Della Maddalena - Covered by others, the disparity in grappling will likely be exposed.
Petr Yan vs. Song Yadong - Everyone is jumping off Yan pretty quickly, considering he very well could have a win over the current champion just over a year ago. But I do believe Yadong is that good, and this is a huge opportunity for him.

And the undercard!

Blaydes vs Almeida - Blaydes tends to dominate blokes unless they starch him. Almeida ain't doing that.
Gamrot vs Dos Anjos - Should just be too good at this stage of their careers.
Munoz vs Phillips - Big gatekeeper vibes here. Would like to see Phillips win, but Munoz only loses to the top guys.
Pereira vs Oleksiejczuk - This should be fun. Pereira for me.
Despaigne vs Parisian - A new Cuban monster. This should be over quickly.

Am I the only one that thinks Dustin walks through BSD without an issue
The blokes best win is Frevola and Dustin isn't making a quick turnaround from the Justin KO

Poirier is 35 years old, in a young man's division.

In the last five years, here is who has beaten:

A 35yo PFL brawler

A washed Conor (x2)

A Kiwi journeyman (where he nearly got KOd himself)

Holloway was April 2019.

Poirier is 35 years old, in a young man's division.

In the last five years, here is who has beaten:

A 35yo PFL brawler

A washed Conor (x2)

A Kiwi journeyman (where he nearly got KOd himself)

Holloway was April 2019.
Lol you can flip that and say who has BSD beaten then.
All the guys Poirier beat were top 10 fighters. Writing him off is just silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changed my pick to Holland and have bet him. Think he'll be more athletic, faster, more active.

Vera has a better chance than odds suggest. Really leaning towards Vera by decision or late stop. I dont dislike suga but i love it when someone comes along and ruins the UFCs plans

Changed my pick to Holland and have bet him. Think he'll be more athletic, faster, more active.

Vera has a better chance than odds suggest. Really leaning towards Vera by decision or late stop. I dont dislike suga but i love it when someone comes along and ruins the UFCs plans
It's a tough night of betting all of them feel like 50/50 on paper to me. I got Poirier into Burns for like $8 lol. Don't care who I think will win this two should never multi to that amount against contenders

It's a tough night of betting all of them feel like 50/50 on paper to me. I got Poirier into Burns for like $8 lol. Don't care who I think will win this two should never multi to that amount against contenders
Single bets on Burns, Blaydes, Yadong, Holland, and Perriera.

Poirer/Vera undecided but definitely lean their way.

You forget how much better the UFC pace their cards to everything else. Boxing yesterday was 9 fights in over 9 hours. Far too many talking heads and faff

UFC rattle through it pretty good. Thank *
I'm surprised boxing hasn't taken this from the UFC. Boxing is a ******* struggle to get through some times with the extended walks, then the announcement, anthems and 500 people in the ring.

I'm surprised boxing hasn't taken this from the UFC. Boxing is a ******* struggle to get through some times with the extended walks, then the announcement, anthems and 500 people in the ring.
I love ring walks. Nothing better in a big fight than that whole build.

Its the nonsense talking. So many "analysts" and s**t. Get rid of all of that, show some highlight packages and move through the card ffs

Christ knows what 485 of those 500 do either

I love ring walks. Nothing better in a big fight than that whole build.

Its the nonsense talking. So many "analysts" and s**t. Get rid of all of that, show some highlight packages and move through the card ffs

Christ knows what 485 of those 500 do either
Yeah I like the show as well. Some of the ring walks are so slow you could start them while the previous fights still going lol

You forget how much better the UFC pace their cards to everything else. Boxing yesterday was 9 fights in over 9 hours. Far too many talking heads and faff

UFC rattle through it pretty good. Thank *

Tonight the pacing has been good, because they have 14 fights to get through, and three of the first five went to decision.

On other occasions, including recently, when there have been multiple fight cancellations, the pacing has been atrocious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back