MMA-UFC UFC 295

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think AP causes many problems at HW. He can still go down as an all timer with a few LHW defenses, no need to go silly with it. Would need very specific match making as Tai KO's him and if we're being honest Tai is a journeyman. Lewis shuts him off, the wrestlers maul him. They're just too big...
Yeah I agree the heavyweight power is a whole different game. Aspinall didn't even connect with Sergei properly and he did that. Few of them would just be too strong

Yeah I agree the heavyweight power is a whole different game. Aspinall didn't even connect with Sergei properly and he did that. Few of them would just be too strong
Struggling to think of one AP would be favourite against tbh. They're either his size but grapplers or simply too big

Beat Hill and Ankalaev. Not much else beyond that so hopefully a contender presents themselves but that's well over a year away by that point, things will change.

The size of AP is being hugely overstated. He's every bit of 6'4 and pure granite, but his wiry frame is not going to cut it at HW. Tai would absolutely bulldoze him.

100% agree with Topkent that Jones would be foolish to fight Aspinall. Serious fans will know how big that win would actually be for his legacy, but the wider audience, especially in 20 years time, aren't likely to rate it as highly. And for what it's worth, I think Aspinall would treat Gane exactly the same as Jones did.

Side note - with these two new additions, the UFC has a great batch of champions right now. Thoughtful, respectful people who are fighters through and through. Then throw in Strickland and O'Malley to spice it up a bit!

The size of AP is being hugely overstated. He's every bit of 6'4 and pure granite, but his wiry frame is not going to cut it at HW. Tai would absolutely bulldoze him.

100% agree with Topkent that Jones would be foolish to fight Aspinall. Serious fans will know how big that win would actually be for his legacy, but the wider audience, especially in 20 years time, aren't likely to rate it as highly. And for what it's worth, I think Aspinall would treat Gane exactly the same as Jones did.

Side note - with these two new additions, the UFC has a great batch of champions right now. Thoughtful, respectful people who are fighters through and through. Then throw in Strickland and O'Malley to spice it up a bit!
Only way Jones considers it is crazy money and a chance to sell out Wembley. If he wants legacy, first card to do that might appeal? Otherwise it's Stipe into retirement which is a shame. Actually ridiculous Stipe is even considered for a title fight but what can you do.

Aspinall v Jaliton for mine. I know his last fight sucked but styles make fights, think this would have more action. Not much else around if Asp/Jones won't be next

Is Almeida completely done with 205? If not, he really should be targeting one fight there and then a title shot.

Heavyweight is a mess with Jones/stipe and the interim belt. He could be waiting a while to get to the front of the line up there
Doesn't like the weight cut and manages to manhandle 265lbers, so I guess it's an easy enough decision for him. 100% agree with you though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back