My 22 at the first bounce Round 1:

B: Sam Wright - Robbie Tarrant- Scott Thompson
HB: Shaun Atley - Sam Durdin - Aaron Mullett
C: Nick Dal Santo - Daniel Wells - Jed Anderson
HF: Brent Harvey - Drew Petrie - Shaun Higgins
F: Jack Ziebell - Jarrad Waite - Ben Brown
R: Todd Goldstein - Andrew Swallow - Ben Cunnington
IC: Jamie MacMillan, Ben Jacobs, Lindsay Thomas, [Taylor Garner/Mason Wood]

Most contentious call would be Durdin at CHB, but when he was drafted last year he was told "be ready to play round 1", so the club obviously saw him as capable of stepping right in. He has the athleticism and height to go with the likes of Kennedy and Walker, and could be a Harris Andrews type rising star nominee (bit optimistic?).
Solid effort.
Don't mind Durdin at CHB at least he is tall enough to play KPD.
If not him then Tippett to partner Taz with Thompson 3rd tall as I have mentioned numerous times

B:Wright Tarrant Thompson
HB:McDonald Hansen McMillan
C:Atley Swallow Wells
HF: Zieball Waite Higgins
F: Garner Petrie Thomas
R: Goldstein Cunnington NDS
Int: Jacobs Harvey Dumont Anderson

Soo many people on here forgetting how good Loogie is when fit
I will never forget how a concussed Hansen beat *. But he is unaccountable as a key defender and I think his spot can still be given to someone quicker.

R1

B: McDonald Tarrant Thompson
HB: Wright Hansen Atley
C: Micmillan Swallow NDS
HF: Zieball Petrie Higgins
F: Brown Waite Garner
R: Goldstein Cunnington Jacobs
Int: Garner Harvey Thomas Anderson

R23

HB: Wright Hansen Mullet
C: Anderson Swallow Atley
HF: Zieball Durdin Higgins
F: Brown Waite Turner
R: Goldstein Cunnington Dumont
Int: Hibberd Micmillan Nahas EVW

R1

R23

Garner gets two spots in round 1 and then out the side by round 23..... Harsh!!! And no Harvey by round 23.... Not sure about that!!!

I will never forget how a concussed Hansen beat *. But he is unaccountable as a key defender and I think his spot can still be given to someone quicker.

I finally agree with something that came out of your brain and onto my phone.

After my 12 hour flight back to civilisation, I am encouraged by this devlopment - there may be some hope for you yet oh hideous one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is every chance we could enter the 2016 finals series with one player under 24 in our Best 22 (example below). Unlike many I don't see this as a negative, more-so a team full of seasoned strong players flag ready.

Wright, Tarrant, Hansen
Atley, Thompson, Macmillan
Dal Santo, Ziebell, Wells
Harvey, Waite, Higgins
Thomas, Petrie, Brown
Goldstein, Cunnington, Swallow
IC: Jacobs, Gibson, Firrito, Garner

There is every chance we could enter the 2016 finals series with one player under 24 in our Best 22 (example below). Unlike many I don't see this as a negative, more-so a team full of seasoned strong players flag ready.

Wright, Tarrant, Hansen
Atley, Thompson, Macmillan
Dal Santo, Ziebell, Wells
Harvey, Waite, Higgins
Thomas, Petrie, Brown
Goldstein, Cunnington, Swallow
IC: Jacobs, Gibson, Firrito, Garner

I agree with your overall point however the team you posted would have two under 24s.

Perhaps replacing Garner with Nahas or Ray to get to one.

We do have a bit of a perfect storm scenario developing at the club, which makes the best 22 exercise a bit of a mind spin, but an exciting one.

I reckon we have a best 25 in the squad at the moment, which can be sort of broken down into 3 groups:
1. Golden age players: Harvey, Petrie, NDS, Wells, Firrito, Waite
2. Established players: Goldstein, Cunnington, Swallow, Ziebell, Higgins, Atley, MacMillan, Thomas, Jacobs, Wright, Hansen, Tarrant, Thompson, Gibson, Nahas
3. Young guns: Brown, Garner, Turner, Anderson
You could debate Nahas being in there, but 18 games and 30 goals made him a crucial player for plenty of 2015. And Anderson's place in that list is based on plenty of expectation, but there seems to be a consensus that he is ready and good enough to become a regular in the side.

The perfect storm scenario comes from the 8 players who are next in line and would all be planning to establish themselves as senior players in 2016. Two of them, Dumont and Fordham, have done steady, impressive apprenticeships, but the other 6 players - Daw, Black, Wood, McDonald, Mullett, and McKenzie - are the interesting ones as they have already shown they can play some serious footy, but have gone backwards for one reason or the other. None of them can really afford a poor year and we should surely see at least some of them motivated enough to push into the best 22.

It means we should have about 33 of our squad realistically fighting for the 22 spots in the side. Any of the debutants pushing into the side would just be a bonus and hopefully not due to injuries to senior players. With the injuries to the 3 newbies last year, we effectively have 8 quality draftees to enjoy watching run around with the 'Bees this year with an eye to the future. Preuss could be tossed in that group as a development player. And only Tippett and Ray (perhaps Nahas too) could be described purely as back-up players.

Round 1:

B: Wright Tarrant Thompson
HB: MacMillan Hansen Atley
C: Wells Cunnington NDS
HF: Harvey Petrie Higgins
F: Brown Waite Thomas
R: Goldstein Ziebell Swallow
Int: Jacobs Garner Firrito Anderson

Round 11 (bit of speculating):

B: Wright Tarrant Nielson
C: Wells Cunnington Wood
F: Daw Brown Anderson
Int: Jacobs Garner Dumont McDonald

We do have a bit of a perfect storm scenario developing at the club, which makes the best 22 exercise a bit of a mind spin, but an exciting one.

I reckon we have a best 25 in the squad at the moment, which can be sort of broken down into 3 groups:
2. Established players: Goldstein, Cunnington, Swallow, Ziebell, Higgins, Atley, MacMillan, Thomas, Jacobs, Wright, Hansen, Tarrant, Thompson, Gibson, Nahas
You could debate Nahas being in there, but 18 games and 30 goals made him a crucial player for plenty of 2015. And Anderson's place in that list is based on plenty of expectation, but there seems to be a consensus that he is ready and good enough to become a regular in the side.

The perfect storm scenario comes from the 8 players who are next in line and would all be planning to establish themselves as senior players in 2016. Two of them, Dumont and Fordham, have done steady, impressive apprenticeships, but the other 6 players - Daw, Black, Wood, McDonald, Mullett, and McKenzie - are the interesting ones as they have already shown they can play some serious footy, but have gone backwards for one reason or the other. None of them can really afford a poor year and we should surely see at least some of them motivated enough to push into the best 22.

It means we should have about 33 of our squad realistically fighting for the 22 spots in the side. Any of the debutants pushing into the side would just be a bonus and hopefully not due to injuries to senior players. With the injuries to the 3 newbies last year, we effectively have 8 quality draftees to enjoy watching run around with the 'Bees this year with an eye to the future. Preuss could be tossed in that group as a development player. And only Tippett and Ray (perhaps Nahas too) could be described purely as back-up players.

Round 1:

But Turner? Dal?

But Turner? Dal?
Could take out Wood and/or Dumont for either of them. I reckon Turner will play plenty and he could be in for many, but was just speculating that Wood, Dumont, Daw and McDonald being the ones pushing into the best 22. And also speculating that Dal, Waite, and Spud will be the ones that time catches up with. Most likely it will be injuries that sort out the Outs but there is going to be a bloody lot of competition for spots in the team this year, even more than last year.

R1

R23

If this is our R23 team then we are clearly not playing finals, and are pretty stuffed for the year!

Round 1:

A well summarised point. I dont agree with guys like Thompson out of your R 11 team, but your points are very valid throughout!!

My starting 18 would be

Wright-Tarrant-Firrito
McDonald-Hansen-Atley
Higgins-Harvey-Wells
Garner-Brown-Waite
Thomas-Petrie-Turner
Goldstein-Cunnington-Ziebell

You guys can pick my interchange bench

My starting 18 would be

Wright-Tarrant-Firrito
McDonald-Hansen-Atley
Higgins-Harvey-Wells
Garner-Brown-Waite
Thomas-Petrie-Turner
Goldstein-Cunnington-Ziebell

You guys can pick my interchange bench
Don't rate this side tbh. No Swallow, McMillan or Anderson...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back