List Mgmt. Best 23 for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Marlion and Ross can both play wing.
and just how are they gonna do that? ross gonna get on picketts shoulders and they play wearing an oversize trenchcoat? they might get away with it for the first few weeks but people are gonna cotton on eventually.

Round 1 selection
Lynch not ready yet ,,meatball overlooked injury ( hamstring )
Grimes calf no good,,vlaustin out concussion protocol

Fb - broad --- young ---- tresize
Hb -- short -- gibcus--- rioli
C- Ross------Dow ---Banks
Hf - Graham-- kozi -- Baker
Ff - Campbell- Balta-- Bolton
R - Nank --- Tarranto- Martin
Inter - Hopper- brown-Mansell- Miller- Cumberland
Emergency- Clarke-- mcauliffe- picket- Ryan

and just how are they gonna do that? ross gonna get on picketts shoulders and they play wearing an oversize trenchcoat? they might get away with it for the first few weeks but people are gonna cotton on eventually.
1707137977438.png

When fully fit

Broad young vlastuin
Trezise Gibcus short

Pickett. Hopper. D Rioli

Coultard. Balta. Baker
Bolton. Lynch Cumberland

Nankervis. Martin Taranto

Dow Ross banks prestia
Green

Round 1 selection
Lynch not ready yet ,,meatball overlooked injury ( hamstring )
Grimes calf no good,,vlaustin out concussion protocol

Fb - broad --- young ---- tresize
Hb -- short -- gibcus--- rioli
C- Ross------Dow ---Banks
Hf - Graham-- kozi -- Baker
Ff - Campbell- Balta-- Bolton
R - Nank --- Tarranto- Martin
Inter - Hopper- brown-Mansell- Miller- Cumberland
Emergency- Clarke-- mcauliffe- picket- Ryan
Vlastuin is back training now, why would he be out in 4 weeks time? :think:

A lot of best 23s have Gibcus as a KPD, is he though? Wasn't he drafted as a marking interceptor? I've seen very little to suggest he can beat an oppo key position forward.
Has a great spring and good speed so he can play from behind and spoil well. Not a one-on-one wrestler, but you don't need to be when you are playing on the Hipwood, Daniher, King, Cameron types. Broad and he can swap places if a bit more experience is needed.

I don't think Balta will play forward once Lynch is back, I'm hoping Kosi presents at CHF releasing Balta back and making Gibcus a bit of a swinger/plug any hole....

Miller & Young in same backline… feels like McGuane and Thirsfield all over again

Everyone is excluding Grimes from best 22. I get he is nearing the end but I wouldn’t be writing the old dog off just yet. He is a champion and I’m sure has a lot of pride in his performance, will be unhappy about last year. Grimes leadership and cool head is needed to get the next level of development out of Gibcus and Young.

Miller & Young in same backline… feels like McGuane and Thirsfield all over again

Everyone is excluding Grimes from best 22. I get he is nearing the end but I wouldn’t be writing the old dog off just yet. He is a champion and I’m sure has a lot of pride in his performance, will be unhappy about last year. Grimes leadership and cool head is needed to get the next level of development out of Gibcus and Young.
Agree,

Grimes will be playing whether that's on the field to begin with or off the bench. Supporters might have written him off, but the club hasn't otherwise they would have got him to retire last year. He also would have just retired to his farm if the club asked him to stay in the VFL as a back up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way Grimes doesn’t play if he’s fit. It’s just idiots on here with wishful thinking

There is no way Grimes doesn’t play if he’s fit. It’s just idiots on here with wishful thinking
Why? His form was horrendous last season..

surely players are picked on form and not reputation don’t you think?

Obviously we all hope he recaptures his best form but he shouldn’t just be an auto selection just because he’s fit

Why? His form was horrendous last season..

surely players are picked on form and not reputation don’t you think?

Obviously we all hope he recaptures his best form but he shouldn’t just be an auto selection just because he’s fit

His experience is invaluable for Gibcus, Young and Miller. Last season was last season. He’ll get first shot if fit and if form is average, I am sure he’ll be dropped, but at this stage he’s a much better option than Gibcus and Young as our 2 KPDs. Curnow and McKay will slaughter them

His experience is invaluable for Gibcus, Young and Miller. Last season was last season. He’ll get first shot if fit and if form is average, I am sure he’ll be dropped, but at this stage he’s a much better option than Gibcus and Young as our 2 KPDs. Curnow and McKay will slaughter them
Based on what? His premiership years?

From all reports he’s had really slow pre season too, so I don’t see how can you can just assume he's a better option

Everything currently on form and fitness is saying otherwise

If he does play I hope he goes back to a lockdown role

Based on what? His premiership years?

From all reports he’s had really slow pre season too, so I don’t see how can you can just assume he's a better option

Everything currently on form and fitness is saying otherwise

If he does play I hope he goes back to a lockdown role

Well Gibcus hasn’t played for 12months and is technically in his second season. There’s no way we should expect him to hold down a key role down back

Well Gibcus hasn’t played for 12months and is technically in his second season. There’s no way we should expect him to hold down a key role down back
True but can only go on what the reports have been saying.. and I very much doubt Balta would be forward without the confidence in Gibcus down back

True but can only go on what the reports have been saying.. and I very much doubt Balta would be forward without the confidence in Gibcus down back

I guess we’ll find out very soon.

Not sure about that ed. If he still looks rushed, sloppy and over the hill in the praccies like he did all last year there's no way he should he lining up in round 0, leadership or not.

Got to agree with this.
I'm nervous at the thought of only young inexperienced KPD in the team.
If Balta plays back I'd feel better, maybe even Kozi.
Broad & Vlas could be the "generals" down back, but I still think Grimes would really help the young KPDs.

Got to agree with this.
I'm nervous at the thought of only young inexperienced KPD in the team.
If Balta plays back I'd feel better, maybe even Kozi.
Broad & Vlas could be the "generals" down back, but I still think Grimes would really help the young KPDs.
Young KPD's will still be supported and directed by the smaller types.

Vlas
Broad
Short
Rioli

Thats 4 of 6 that are all leaders, loud and very experienced.

The time is now for Young, MIller and to a much lesser extent Gibcus to stamp themselves on the team. Its where our list is at.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back