List Mgmt. Best 23 for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You KPD's wil still be supported and directed by the smaller types.

Vlas
Broad
Short
Rioli

Thats 4 of 6 that are all leaders, loud and very experienced.

The time is now for Young, MIller and to a much lesser extent Gibcus to stamp themselves on the team. Its where our list is at.
100%. This year is not about playing it safe. New coach, new attitude, especially towards the young players. We may lose a few games along the way, but one player is not going to change that.

Besides Miller has been around long enough to be mentally and physically ready and Young was very good last year coming off no preparation for AFL, so good chance he's a very quick learner and mentally strong.

Young KPD's will still be supported and directed by the smaller types.

Vlas
Broad
Short
Rioli

Thats 4 of 6 that are all leaders, loud and very experienced.

The time is now for Young, MIller and to a much lesser extent Gibcus to stamp themselves on the team. Its where our list is at.
You can put the young ones in a stopper role, but if they start getting a bath for the likes of Jeremy Cameron or Curnow you will want the option to switch Grimes on them straight away

Just saying. They got a good look at him and still thought it was a good idea. Hopefully he can bounce back but it doesn't look likely. As long as he's happy to play reserves, mentor the youngsters and not get gifted games it really shouldn't be an issue.
im all for keeping him as a mentor, just dont think he is best 23

it wont happen but i would start him in the 2's and get him straight into embracing the mentor role

FB: Grimes Young Rioli
CHB: Short Gibcus Vlastuin
W: Ross Hopper Sonsie
HFF: Baker Balta Bolton
FF: Clarke Lynch Mansell
R: Nank Martin Taranto

Bench: Ryan, Prestia, Graham, Broad

Emg: Mcintosh, Banks, Pickett, Bauer,

On the cusp: Brown, Kostichke, Dow, Ralphsmith

Depth: Miller, Riolijnr, Tresize, Cumberland, Naismith

Developing: Green, Campbell, Fawcett, Smith, Mcauliff, Colina, Hayes-Brown, Coulthard

On notice: Grimes, Mcintosh, Broad, Graham, Pickett, RioliJnr

FB: Grimes Young Rioli
CHB: Short Gibcus Vlastuin
W: Ross Hopper Sonsie
HFF: Baker Balta Bolton
FF: Clarke Lynch Mansell
R: Nank Martin Taranto

Bench: Ryan, Prestia, Graham, Broad

Emg: Mcintosh, Banks, Pickett, Bauer,

On the cusp: Brown, Kostichke, Dow, Ralphsmith

Depth: Miller, Riolijnr, Tresize, Cumberland, Naismith

Developing: Green, Campbell, Fawcett, Smith, Mcauliff, Colina, Hayes-Brown, Coulthard

On notice: Grimes, Mcintosh, Broad, Graham, Pickett, RioliJnr
broady on notice

thats cold mang

if Grimes didn't get signed in March last year there's no fugn way he gets offered contract in september

that was a very strange extension

watching him play last year was torture

hes done and now he's just gonna take a spot off a kid all year

depressing
Don't Stress
Adem Yze.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated. Banks, Trezise out. Pickett, Dow, Sonsie in.

fb- Vlastuin, Young, Broad
hb- Rioli, Gibcus, Short
c- Pickett, Hopper, Ross
hf- Graham, Balta, Cumberland
ff- Bolton, Lynch, Kosi
r- Nank, Dusty, Taranto

i/c- Prestia, Baker, Dow, Mansell, Sonsie
Emg: Clarke, Brown, Trezise, Banks.

hb- Rioli, Gibcus, Short
c- Pickett, Hopper, Ross
ff- Bolton, Lynch, Kosi
r- Nank, Dusty, Taranto

Mansell out with ankle

I’d have Naismith or Ryan in for Kosi
Clarke or Steely Green for Mansell

hb- Rioli, Gibcus, Short
c- Pickett, Hopper, Ross
ff- Bolton, Lynch, Kosi
r- Nank, Dusty, Taranto

Not far off I reckon.
Think Pickett is our first wingman with that second spot up for grabs. Will Yze want to play two wings? If so Im not sure Ross is the answer there. Out of Banks and Kmac for mine. Potentially Hugo as well but he would be down the pecking order. Perhaps he will play one wing and go with seven defenders. This allows for Short to move forward of the defensive 50 and Brown/Grimes to slot down back.

Think the spot where you have Cumbo is open as well. Do you play Cumbo as a medium forward, or have a transition runner like Clarke/Sonsie there? Or a small defensive forward (who ideally kicks goals as well)? Will be interesting to see Yzes decision making on this one.

Liking Dows game and he brings something different to the midfield. Will be interesting to see how we rotate Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Dusty and Dow through there.

Liking Naismith as a second ruck too, but you’d have to lose a tall to bring him in. Not sure what Yze will do here but he’s a great asset to have.

I also think one of Grimes/Brown plays down back. Both my head and heart say it should be Brown but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Grimes get first crack.

Not far off I reckon.
Think Pickett is our first wingman with that second spot up for grabs. Will Yze want to play two wings? If so Im not sure Ross is the answer there. Out of Banks and Kmac for mine. Potentially Hugo as well but he would be down the pecking order. Perhaps he will play one wing and go with seven defenders. This allows for Short to move forward of the defensive 50 and Brown/Grimes to slot down back.

Think the spot where you have Cumbo is open as well. Do you play Cumbo as a medium forward, or have a transition runner like Clarke/Sonsie there? Or a small defensive forward (who ideally kicks goals as well)? Will be interesting to see Yzes decision making on this one.

Liking Dows game and he brings something different to the midfield. Will be interesting to see how we rotate Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Dusty and Dow through there.

Liking Naismith as a second ruck too, but you’d have to lose a tall to bring him in. Not sure what Yze will do here but he’s a great asset to have.

I also think one of Grimes/Brown plays down back. Both my head and heart say it should be Brown but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Grimes get first crack.
Yeah all fair enough. We'll know more after the pies match.

After today
I’d be keeping pace in that forwardline
Campbell and Green both looked exciting and 1 deserves to start. Sonsie will be close when he serves that suspension!

Vlastuin Young Broad
Short Gibcus Rioli
Pickett Taranto Banks
Baker Balta Green
Kossie Lynch Bolton
Nank Hopper Dusty

Bench Dow Graham Naismith Grimes
Sub Dion controversial but I like it with his soft tissue history Dow deserves to start.

Backs exciting with Grimes on the pine
Mids deep with forward rotations and 2 on the bench
Rucks solid Naismith was excellent today
Forwards fast and exciting with height to compete in the air

Mcintosh stiff along with some kids but I think this team competes hard and will give plenty of teams headaches. I don’t wanna see Cumberland up forward with Lynch/Kossie/Balta it’ll be too slow and the defensive pressure we saw today needs to stay!

There is no way Cumberland is playing if we have Balta, Lunch and Kozi in the team - we would lose so much forward pressure and today showed it's still very much part of the plan.

I really liked the balance of the team we had in the pre season game against Melbourne, and the return of the forward half pressure that had subsided in the last couple of years. We need to keep the pressure and crumbing forwards in the side and not overload the team with midfielders that are then forced to play the pressure roles. I realise the side might be a bit short in but Nankervis can ruck a full game, and Balta can pinch hit in the ruck, even McIntosh. In terms of forward targets Lynch can compete as good as anyone, Martin and Bolton are both legitimate marking options and there is also Balta up there.

Vlastuin, Young, Broad
Short, Gibcus, Rioli
Pickett, Hopper, McIntosh
Baker, Balta, Bolton
Campbell, Lynch, Green

Nankervis, Taranto, Martin

Mansell, Prestia, Banks, Brown, Dow

If Lynch, Mansell and Prestia are unfit or injured then in comes Koschitzke, MRJ/Clarke and Graham

I think Balta will be a forward pocket/HFF rotating through the ruck.
He has turned games while playing in the ruck.
He dosnt need to think much in there.
Grab the ball and bang it 60m

FB: Gibcus Young Broad
HB: Short Vlastuin Rioli
C: Kmac Dow Ross
HF: Bolton Balta Baker
FF: Cumberland Martin MRioli

R: Naismith Taranto Prestia

Int: Picket Ryan Grimes Brown
Sub: Clarke

• This team desperately needs pace
  • Maurice is garbage offensively. Makes Castagna look like KB. But at least pressures.
  • Graham I reckon injured himself.
  • Nank and Lynch won't be fit
  • Hopper isn't best 22 imo, and he shouldn't get a gig on his contract some
  • Play Balta as the sole tall with chop outs from Ryan
  • Play Cumberland for Christ sake. Is the only fit out and out forward on our list

my preferred Round 0 lineup

i have no faith in Kosi & Ryan but Naismith needs support & nankervis unlikely so ive gone with Ryan only as ruck support & a smallish forward set up

Its going to be a slippery goddamn slog of a game, Think Trezise makes a great sub, runs & great kick

B: Vlastuin Young Broad
HB: Short Gibcus Rioli
C: Pickett Prestia Ross
HF: Baker Bolton Clarke
FF: Cumberland Balta MRJ
FOLL: Naismith Martin Taranto
INT: Hopper Browne Dow Ryan
Sub: Trezise

Now preseason is pretty much done, this is what I would go with in R0:

B: Gibcu - Grimes/Young/Miller - Broad
HB: Short - Vlastuin - Rioli
C: KMac - Prestia/Hopper - Pickett
HF: Campbell/Green/Mansell - Baker - Bolton
FF: Kosi - Martin - Balta

FOLL: Naismith - TT - Dow

INT: Ross - Cumbo - MRJ/Clarke/McAuliffe - Brown

SUB: Hopper/Prestia (the other who doesn't play)

• Grimes hasn't done anything wrong, but hasn't shown either he's a walk up start
  • If Mansell is fit, he would be my number 1 for the small fwd spot, but think Campbell showed more than Green. End of the day, not sure much separates Campbell and Green.
  • Think the structure of Kosi is a must
  • Only one of Hopper and Prestia for me, giving opportunity to Dow and Ross to play through the middle
  • By all accounts, Cumbo was on fire in the VFL second half, so in for me
  • Neither MRJ or Clarke have given selectors a headache from what I've seen, while McAuliffe has been very impressive. Fine with any of them.
  • Would've preferred to see if Banks could've taken KMac's wing, but injury means KMac gets it for now. Also thought Pickett showed that his best position is on the wing, and isn't as "washed" as some people think he is.

Best 23 (if everyone fit)
FB: Vlastuin - Young - Broad
HB: Rioli - Gibcus - Short
C: Banks - Taranto - Ross
HF: Sonsie - Martin - Bolton
FF: Balta - Lynch - Campbell
R: Nankervis - Dow - Hopper

INT: Baker, Green, Prestia, McAuliffe
SUB: Pickett

EMG: Naismith, Kosi, Bauer, Brown, Graham

Changes from first prediction:
Out: Soldo, Cumberland, Tresize, Brown, Bauer, Coulthard