best and worst commentators all time

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 17, 2005
Hobart Hurricanes Central
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sydney Thunder, Freo, GWS, Canes
Im not sure if this has been done before or if this is the right forum to put it but who are the best and worst commentators today and of all time

Dennis Cometti has always been my favourite, followed by someone i use to dislike in Anthony Hudson, then Gerard Whateley, Sandy Roberts though he is still rusty and I actually dont mind the occasional Eddie McGuire now on Fox Footy... Dwayne Russel is ok but was better on 9 and James Brayshaw has his moments, Wayne Schwass I think has a good future... unfortunately Im in Tassie so its Triple M or ABC with good old Drew Morphet

as for colour comments, Lethal, Healy, Dunstall, Ling, Darcy, Derm, Llyon then Carey

You're on crack if you think Dwayne Russel [sic] is okay and that Anthony Hudson isn't. He is arguably one of the worst commentators going around, with Hudson one of the best.

FWI probably belongs on the 'Footy Fourth Estate' board.

Last edited:
Hudsons my second favourite, i dunno it was something about channel 10, when he was teamed up with michael christian i could never get into the game, no when ever i sit down to watch a game on fox im hoping for huddo

I always enjoyed Sandy on Ch7 growing up. As far as TV goes, Bruce and Dennis are the best in the business at the moment. On the radio, I enjoy Gerard Whatley and Drew Morphett.

BT is the worst at the moment. Games are best watched in mute when's behind the mike. Even worse when he is paired with Darcy and Richo. Eddie Maguire is an absolute flog so not a fan of him either.

Im watching a replay of the crows roos game after missing it this weekend, BTs voice is grinding at my ear drums, I didnt mind him early on but the last few years he has become annoying, worse since he left Fox Footy

Worst Blight. God he did my head on.

Most commentators don't really bother me to be honest. BT and Darcy can annoy at times but it never gets in the way of the game for me like it seems to for other people.

Current - Best: Anthony Hudson, Drew Morphett, Eddie (when not calling Collingwood games), Brayshaw is OK
Worst: Stephen Rowe, BT and Luke Darcy (worse than the sum of their parts), Basil Zempilas, Dwayne

Non-current - Best: Clinton Grybas (RIP), 80s-00s Cometti, 80s-00s Bruce, Ian Robertson, Lou Richards, Rex Hunt was different if nothing else
Worst: Don Scott, Terry Wheeler, Paul Roos, Robert Walls

Last edited:
Current - Best: Anthony Hudson, Drew Morphett, Eddie (when not calling Collingwood games), Brayshaw is OK
Worst: Stephen Rowe, BT and Luke Darcy (worse than the sum of their parts), Basil Zempilas, Dwayne

Non-current - Best: Clinton Grybas (RIP), 80s-00s Cometti, 80s-00s Bruce, Ian Robertson, Lou Richards, Rex Hunt was different if nothing else
Worst: Don Scott, Terry Wheeler, Paul Roos, Robert Walls
does any one acturaly like Luke Darcy? because no one seems to like him

does any one acturaly like Luke Darcy? because no one seems to like him
I didn't mind him at the start, but he's gone insanely soft and acts as if he's always the good guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back