Best Ground of all APS schools?

Remove this Banner Ad

carey's ground is in the best condition out of the aps ovals... but scotches oval would have to take the number 1 spot...due to the position of the oval and its arena type surroundings...better atmosphere then out at carey..... anyone that was at the melbourn grammar vs Scotch game would agree

scotch best ground because of the atmosphere 4 sure, 4 the turf dunno bout this year havent played on them all but haileyburys is in damn fine nick as well

has anyone noticed that the three best grounds
1.carey
2.skevs
3.scotch

all steal their water from the yarra to grow the grass and say na na we r using bore water good skools

mate are you kidding me skeves oval is like one of the best in victoria

i think ur kidding yourself mate. stevs oval is terrible; absolutely shocking shape and dimensions.

As for turf quality, Carey's is awesome and the Roche is in pristine nick. Brightons in cricket season was disgusting and the wheelers hill ground was looking awesome in term1 but the drought has gotten to it now.

You cannot call scotch's oval better than CGS Wheelers Hill.
I've played on both, and whilst Scotch's is flatter the grass is patchy, and it looses size wise to Caulfield. The centre is just horrible, very hard.

I know most poeople hate travelling down the highway to Geelong but when the oval is at its best it is a great oval. After the rainfall recently as well its getting better and better. Everyday its seems to be less of a shit sand pit to a decent oval. Also great atmosphere and similar to Skilled Stadium.

If any of you have played on Xavier's main oval u would realise that it is on par with any ground in the country. It's unbelievable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how is it that football of this level is allowed 2 play on that..? under 9's shouldnt even play on that

i starred on the carey ground at 11am on saturday for the xavier "turds" and i can say without a ounce of doubt that it is an amazing ground. wind plays little to no role in the outcome, ground cover is orgasmic but i have one query on the hardness of the centre. can be closely compared to the highway just outsides its grounds. the centre would be my only query but i do bow my head, take off my hat, get down on one knee to the groundstaff at carey. just imagine how good the ground would be if a decent team played there. golly gosh carey u are painfully bad

Carey is pretty good.

A lot have been bagging St Kevins ground but it looked ok to me on Saturday.

brightons oval is certainly not the best.
the grounds keeper should be sacked.
its has more dirt on it than grass.

Well the oval serves as a utility to the school. It doubles as a sand pit during the week for the younger children and makes for a football oval on the weekend. A great piece of thinking by the school and a great asset to the area.

Well the oval serves as a utility to the school. It doubles as a sand pit during the week for the younger children and makes for a football oval on the weekend. A great piece of thinking by the school and a great asset to the area.

indeed, their best plan since they chose to hide their secret project player from the rest of the competition, the one they call the widowmaker, J.Carlile

Remove this Banner Ad

Back