Best Ground of all APS schools?

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as atmosphere goes, you can't really go past Caulfield, Caulfield Campus. Fantastic setup there with the sports centre complex on one side and the main school on the other, perfect viewing. Playing in front of a big crowd there is second to none. Wheelers Hill campus is rubbish when it comes to atmosphere, big open paddock in the middle of nowhere.

Unfortunately the water restrictions have seriously affected the surface which used to an absolute bowling green pre water restrictions. I must agree with the WH surface though, at the moment it is just tremendous, right up there with Carey.

Carey by a long way but Caulfield, Xavs and Scotch are very good as well. Carey's oval is terrible after heavy rain since it's in an area that floods often.

CGS's caulfield campus is patchy and green and wheelers hill is smooth but very dry. However when it rains a bit more wheelrs will come up a treat

considering st kev's grounds were 6m under water only 2 yrs ago there in very good condition. how many other ground have had to come back from that??? best atmoshpere in terms on people behind the goals in grandsatnd. xaviers ground would be next because of their two stands and open view. i can't believe careys ground is being mentioned its only cos were in a drought that it is plabable, every other yr is a shithouse mud heaps

considering st kev's grounds were 6m under water only 2 yrs ago there in very good condition. how many other ground have had to come back from that??? best atmoshpere in terms on people behind the goals in grandsatnd. xaviers ground would be next because of their two stands and open view. i can't believe careys ground is being mentioned its only cos were in a drought that it is plabable, every other yr is a shithouse mud heaps
Carey's oval gets flooded more often than Skevs. And our (Carey) oval does get very bad after some decent rainfall but is fine most of the time.

hmm you clearly know what your talking about, your the only person ive ever heard who doesnt like our ground, good work, very insightful

Carey's oval gets flooded more often than Skevs. And our (Carey) oval does get very bad after some decent rainfall but is fine most of the time.

havn't heard bout the 6m floods in bulleen yet but i'll keep my ears open, carey's ground is in good condition atm but as i said that's only due to the lack of rain over the last few yrs, i can remember carey's ground being a shitheap for bout 10yrs in arow not to mention the fact that every other ground in the APS has students playing on it day in day out at school, wen looking at all the facts careys ground isn't as good as u boys would like to think, but i guess wen ur so shit at every sport u need something to cheer about

havn't heard bout the 6m floods in bulleen yet but i'll keep my ears open, carey's ground is in good condition atm but as i said that's only due to the lack of rain over the last few yrs, i can remember carey's ground being a shitheap for bout 10yrs in arow not to mention the fact that every other ground in the APS has students playing on it day in day out at school, wen looking at all the facts careys ground isn't as good as u boys would like to think, but i guess wen ur so shit at every sport u need something to cheer about

your kidding arent you, what are skevs good at, and dont say rugby becaues im not interested in sports where only 2 schools compete, and not aths because any1 can buy an aths team, ur usless at everything

haha ue kidding mate. u go to carey which is definitely the most ******ed school in aps. you ask what are we good at? u answer this. what the **** are you good at

So much hate against Carey for no reason. FYI we have won as many footy premierships as Skevs so get off your high horse both of you.

your kidding arent you, what are skevs good at, and dont say rugby becaues im not interested in sports where only 2 schools compete, and not aths because any1 can buy an aths team, ur usless at everything

i'm sorry that u can't accept rugby as a sport because ur team is in division 2 and can't even beat our 2nds, but in the history of APS sport st kev's has won 21 premierships, and although this isn't the most amazing stat it is still far greater than careys 8. you ask what were good at well we hav being top 3 in basketball over the last few yrs n a serious contender for the premiership this yr, premiers in both cross country& athletics last yr which your school rates themselves at, contenders this yr for footy and definates for rugby, so i guess the question must b asked wat r u guys good at? carey is a 2nd rate APS school that will never match up to the likes of skev,xavs,scotch n melb grammer the facts r simple ur school need girls to fill the attendence numbers. so when u guys decide to step up to the plate get back to me

i'm sorry that u can't accept rugby as a sport because ur team is in division 2 and can't even beat our 2nds, but in the history of APS sport st kev's has won 21 premierships, and although this isn't the most amazing stat it is still far greater than careys 8. you ask what were good at well we hav being top 3 in basketball over the last few yrs n a serious contender for the premiership this yr, premiers in both cross country& athletics last yr which your school rates themselves at, contenders this yr for footy and definates for rugby, so i guess the question must b asked wat r u guys good at? carey is a 2nd rate APS school that will never match up to the likes of skev,xavs,scotch n melb grammer the facts r simple ur school need girls to fill the attendence numbers. so when u guys decide to step up to the plate get back to me
Please don't compare your school to Xavs and Scotch. Nobody in Melbourne let alone the APS cares about Rugby and being top 3 in basketball counts for shit all, I thought this was a footy forum anyway. We don't need ********s like you telling us what that our school isn't as successful as most of the other schools which makes sense because we have much less boys than almost every school in the APS.

the facts r simple ur school need girls to fill the attendence numbers.
That comment was a ripper. Do you even know what you are talking about? Carey has a big waiting list and normally when you use a plural you list more than one thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you know ur arguement is really struggling when you hav to start picking out my grammatical errors. st kev's has half the yr level sizes of scotch n xavier anyway so don't try that card. u asked what where good at and that is why i replied with basketball and rugby, it says alot more about a school that shows depth right through out all sports, as we hav players in both our 1st basketball n 1st rugby teams that could make the 1st footy team but choose to play their respective sport. Even though it was u who deviated from football i would be more than happy to return to that subject as we appear to hav a far [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']superior team this year. i don't think carey has any excuses this year because u claim to have the 'best' ground, would hav a similar number of boys at your school and also hav scolarships whether u admit it or not.[/FONT]

you know ur arguement is really struggling when you hav to start picking out my grammatical errors. st kev's has half the yr level sizes of scotch n xavier anyway so don't try that card. u asked what where good at and that is why i replied with basketball and rugby, it says alot more about a school that shows depth right through out all sports, as we hav players in both our 1st basketball n 1st rugby teams that could make the 1st footy team but choose to play their respective sport. Even though it was u who deviated from football i would be more than happy to return to that subject as we appear to hav a far [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']superior team this year. i don't think carey has any excuses this year because u claim to have the 'best' ground, would hav a similar number of boys at your school and also hav scolarships whether u admit it or not.[/font]

im telling you, we have no scholarships in the team, if u think so, tell me who they are.

i dont think anyones disagreeing to that. cause honestly if u did have scholarships i doubt you'd be that bad :p

haha, probably, maybe scholarships should be handed out by the teams which are battling, although that would make what hailebury did legal because for like 50 yrs beofre that i doubt that they'd won a game, then they took the premiership from the Melb Grammar and Carey, the two teams to should have won that first yr hailebury did it. i hate hailebury, not sure what theyre 2's are like atm but last few yrs theyve been shit even though its their real 1's team, i really hate them

great post Dan Harris Skevs are on there way out, this current season they are considered as a bye even though they are playing because of there obvious battle to feild a side in any sport worther of the Aps competitions. Carey is clearly the best ground an in my opinion the best side who are currently under performing. With the talent coming through at carey i have no doubt that in the coming years Dunshea oval will be known as the graveyard because carey's side will be unbeatable on it.

i wouldnt even let sheep graze on Xaviers oval as it is not worthy of such fine animals although i think playing against cattle on Xaviers oval would be more of a challenge then playinh St Kevins.

haha, probably, maybe scholarships should be handed out by the teams which are battling, although that would make what hailebury did legal because for like 50 yrs beofre that i doubt that they'd won a game, then they took the premiership from the Melb Grammar and Carey, the two teams to should have won that first yr hailebury did it. i hate hailebury, not sure what theyre 2's are like atm but last few yrs theyve been shit even though its their real 1's team, i really hate them

its funny people like you who still go on about haileybury and scholorships, guess what most of the aps schools do not so get over it mate and find something else to talk about

great post Dan Harris Skevs are on there way out, this current season they are considered as a bye even though they are playing because of there obvious battle to feild a side in any sport worther of the Aps competitions. Carey is clearly the best ground an in my opinion the best side who are currently under performing. With the talent coming through at carey i have no doubt that in the coming years Dunshea oval will be known as the graveyard because carey's side will be unbeatable on it.

i wouldnt even let sheep graze on Xaviers oval as it is not worthy of such fine animals although i think playing against cattle on Xaviers oval would be more of a challenge then playinh St Kevins.

lol carey. u may as well let your girls softball team play on your fine oval cause at least they mite bring a little success.

and as for the "talent coming through" your yr10 A's have played in the B division often getting beaten by other B teams. so, good luck with trying to win a game in the next few years now that everyone seems to be playing fairly well, even wesley have shown a big improvement. mate carey is the joke of APS sport, you are considered the bye of the competition.

lol carey. u may as well let your girls softball team play on your fine oval cause at least they mite bring a little success.

and as for the "talent coming through" your yr10 A's have played in the B division often getting beaten by other B teams. so, good luck with trying to win a game in the next few years now that everyone seems to be playing fairly well, even wesley have shown a big improvement. mate carey is the joke of APS sport, you are considered the bye of the competition.
ill bet you whatever you want that carey will win multiple games next year

Wheelers Hill ground is a really good ground if you like running up hills through the middle. THE SLANT IS MASSIVE. Scotch and Carey easily best grounds in APS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back