Best KPD and best ruckmen on under $350,000 per year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarrod Witts might be under 350 but I'm not sure.

Jonathan Marsh hasn't played a game yet but is killing it in the VFL and has ridiculous closing speed. His brother also plays for Sydney.

I think you have picked two great options.
Witts and Grundy cannot play in the same team, both are really good at their craft and one will get sick of playing VFL. I feel Grundy will be the one they eventually put up as trade bait, Grundy would be a great fit for GC, Carlton or Dogs, he won't want to play second fiddle again. Dan Currie from North could be the answer for the Swans as long as they give him his fair share of AFL games, he will be cheap and can play.

I am not sure the Pies will let Marsh go, I think they see him making his debut soon and eventually taking Frosts spot. I feel you cant play both Brown and Frost down back, both are stoppers and don't run the ball out or use it well. Go for Collins or Skinner in the draft as a future KPD, you don't need Dunkley as another mid.

Unless the Swans can somehow get this trade ban lifted I really fear for the Swans backline as we desperately need to trade in a good quality key defender.

What if you proposed to the AFL that you would trade Kurt Tippet for a Key defender on something considerable less then his salary?

I think you have picked two great options.
Witts and Grundy cannot play in the same team, both are really good at their craft and one will get sick of playing VFL. I feel Grundy will be the one they eventually put up as trade bait, Grundy would be a great fit for GC, Carlton or Dogs, he won't want to play second fiddle again. Dan Currie from North could be the answer for the Swans as long as they give him his fair share of AFL games, he will be cheap and can play.

I am not sure the Pies will let Marsh go, I think they see him making his debut soon and eventually taking Frosts spot. I feel you cant play both Brown and Frost down back, both are stoppers and don't run the ball out or use it well. Go for Collins or Skinner in the draft as a future KPD, you don't need Dunkley as another mid.
All of their draft picks will go towards Mills

Astbury from the tigers would be a cheap addition and can play a bit. Won't get past Rance, Chaplin or even grimes on current form at punt rd.

I reckon Hampson will be looking to move clubs if we can't promise him first ruck ahead of maric next year as well ( which we won't).

Possible trade involving astbury and Hampson bundled up?

Astbury from the tigers would be a cheap addition and can play a bit. Won't get past Rance, Chaplin or even grimes on current form at punt rd.

I reckon Hampson will be looking to move clubs if we can't promise him first ruck ahead of maric next year as well ( which we won't).

Possible trade involving astbury and Hampson bundled up?

Could be something the Swans might be interested in.

Jack Fitzpatrick is a former ruckman who has reinvented himself as a KPD and is doing decently in the VFL. You could probably get him for a third or fourth round pick, or maybe even just as a DFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Fitzpatrick is a former ruckman who has reinvented himself as a KPD and is doing decently in the VFL. You could probably get him for a third or fourth round pick, or maybe even just as a DFA.

www.aflplayerratings.com.au have a small summary for him from every round this year in the VFL and appears to be travelling pretty good for his first year down back. 200cm and 94kg is reasonable.

Round 15 v Collingwood: Towelled up White when opposed him and went forward and kicked a goal. (You could leave White with a witches hat and it would towel him up).

www.aflplayerratings.com.au have a small summary for him from every round this year in the VFL and appears to be travelling pretty good for his first year down back. 200cm and 94kg is reasonable.

Round 15 v Collingwood: Towelled up White when opposed him and went forward and kicked a goal. (You could leave White with a witches hat and it would towel him up).
Kept Boyd to one handball when we played the Dogs too, the week after being hospitalised with a neck injury. I think he'll go okay as a defender.

Yeah I reckon Fitzy could become a solid key defender at AFL level.

Could be a win-win for him and the Dees if he goes to a club struggling for key defenders. Wouldn't cost much either.

I'd take Tippett. Tippett to Brisbane, Aish to a Melbourne club, Melbourne clubs defender/ruck to Sydney.

random swaps of draft picks along the way to keep whichever club happy.

I'd take Tippett. Tippett to Brisbane, Aish to a Melbourne club, Melbourne clubs defender/ruck to Sydney.

random swaps of draft picks along the way to keep whichever club happy.

I'd take witts from collingwood. Aish to collingwood?

Got any small forwards or mids you guys would consider putting on the trade table?

Not sure if anyone has thrown up Bellchambers as a ruck option? Might be able to lure him up there for less than he thinks he is worth with the chance of success.

Craig bird.

But I think Zac Smith at GC should be no.1 ruck targeted, mid 20s and high ceiling.

Mitch Brown and Sinclair from West Coast. Both will be looking at under $350,000 for their next contracts

I'd be surprised if Brown was much under the $350k and I can't see the appeal for him to move? Seems ATM West Coast are just as close to a premiership to Sydney and I dont know what we would offer WCE to make them interested?

I'd be surprised if Brown was much under the $350k and I can't see the appeal for him to move? Seems ATM West Coast are just as close to a premiership to Sydney and I dont know what we would offer WCE to make them interested?
The fact he probably won't be in the team next year. I highly doubt we'll be going back to 2 shut down backs in Emac and Brown. Coming off a knee reco, I wouldn't expect him to be earning a whole lot more than $350,000

Sydney won't want to give up draft picks due to academy players so I guess Jetta or Mitchell would be involved in some sort of deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back