• Steele Sidebottom

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Rory Sloane

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • David Zaharakis

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rockliff is one of the most overrated players in the AFL along with the rest of the "big names" in the Brisbane midfield. They all get these great stats and look fantastic until you look at the most important one of them all - the final score. If Brisbane had so many awesome midfielders why are they one of the worst teams in the comp. I'd guess because they are masters of accumulating meaningless possessions and have no defensive game whatsoever. The attitude of that club to onfield accountability is demonstrated by the failure to select Jack Crisp who they got rid of for nothing and who is now the second best midfielder in a team competing for top 4. The only midfielder on their list who deserves any credit is Beams because he already has the runs on the board.The rest of them are contaminated with failure.

You realise they haven't played together at all until the Swans game?

Last three weeks we've averaged 44.6 clearances, 50 I50's, 7.3 marks I50, 143.3 contested possessions and 78 tackles against sides that rank 1st, 3rd and 9th. I know I'm only comparing 3 weeks but we've only had our guns return since then. Fremantle average 42.9 clearances over the season(the best in the comp). 143.3 contested possessions would place us second in the competition only behind Adelaide who average 145.2. 50 inside fifties would place us 8th in the comp, 78 tackles would have us 1st, next best in 72.8.

And we've played exciting football through the middle.

We'd take Dayne Beams over Jack Crisp and De Goey every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

For what it's worth, I still rate Rockliff better than Beams.

has to be Dayne Beams, having a giggle at the Nic Natanui 41 votes come on seriously? he isn't in the top 3 he hasn't exactly produced what was initially expected of him.

1. Sloane
2. Beams
3. NicNat
4. Shuey/Sidebottom
5. Sidebottom/Shuey
6. Rockliff
7. Hannebery
8. Shiels
9. Hill
10. Motlop
11. Yarran
12. Zaharakis
13. Watts

Obviously Rich/Bruest/Suckling/Hartlett all figure onto this list somewhere. Just putting THESE players in order.

Last edited:
1. Sloane- too high
2. Beams- too low
3. NicNat- debatable but dont mind
4. Shuey/Sidebottom- both these are two high and i love sidey
5. Sidebottom/Shuey shuey would be about 8
6. Rockliff- too low
7. Hannebery too low
8. Shiels
9. Hill
10. Motlop
11. Yarran
12. Zaharakis
13. Watts- should be 1

Obviously Rich/Bruest/Suckling/Hartlett all figure onto this list somewhere. Just putting THESE players in order.
lol that is a horrible list

Shuey Career stats > Hannebery Career stats
Hannebery year to date >or= Shueys year to date

Careerwise, Shuey has...
6% less disposals
57% more goals
17% more tackles
No career clearance stats, this year alone Shuey is at 28% more.
Ok I would probably have something like this

Beams
Rockliff
Hannebery
Sloane/shuey
Sidey
So on

Natanui I will decide on when he retires but atm he would be just below them

It's virtually impossible to split between Beams, Rockliff, Hannebery and Sloane - all four are top-line midfielders and you can make a strong case for all of them being the number one.

Top four:

Beams
Hannebery
Rockliff
Sloane

5) Hurley
6) Sidebottom
7) Hill
8) Shuey
9) Naitanui
10) Davis

Then there are:
Breust
Rich
Hartlett
Ziebell
Shiels
Redden
Motlop
Yarran

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams and Hannebery the standouts. Surely Brisbane fans realise by now that Beams is a better footballer than Rockliff. He has been since day 1 & Rockliff was great last year, but it hasn't changed.

Beams
Hannebery
Naitanui
Rockliff
Sidebottom
Sloane

Beams and Hannebery the standouts. Surely Brisbane fans realise by now that Beams is a better footballer than Rockliff. He has been since day 1 & Rockliff was great last year, but it hasn't changed.

Beams
Hannebery
Naitanui
Rockliff
Sidebottom
Sloane

Beams can get on the scoreboard more but Rockliff is all class with his decision making and ability to set up passages of play. They're literally dead level. Very hard to split them. Can make an easy argument for both of them.

Beams can get on the scoreboard more but Rockliff is all class with his decision making and ability to set up passages of play. They're literally dead level. Very hard to split them. Can make an easy argument for both of them.

All Rockliff is better at is tackling.

We'd take Dayne Beams over Jack Crisp and De Goey every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

For what it's worth, I still rate Rockliff better than Beams.
+1, it is a win win for both clubs.

Brisbane needed an ultra consistent h&a gun who doesn't step up in big games because, lets be honest here, Brisbane aren't going to be playing in any in the foreseeable future. Collingwood, on the other hand, needed big and accountable midfielders who don't get dominated by the best midfielders in the AFL - in the immediacy we have Crisp who is probably top 3 in our best and fairest; long term we have him and De Goey who is already best 22 on our list. The proof is in the pudding, in spite of losing our second best midfielder our midfield is stronger in 2015 and results against the top teams this season have significantly improved. Likewise, Beams will help Brisbane beat teams like Carlton and get them off dead bottom on the ladder to a very respectable bottom on percentage.

As Michael Scott says - win, win, win.

Last edited:
+1, it is a win win for both clubs.

Brisbane needed an ultra consistent h&a gun who doesn't step up big games, because, lets be honest here, Brisbane aren't going to be playing in any in the foreseeable future. Collingwood, on the other hand, needed big and accountable midfielders who don't get dominated by the best midfielders in the AFL - in the immediacy we have Crisp who is probably top 3 in our best and fairest; long term we have him and De Goey who is already best 22 on our list. The proof is in the pudding, in spite of losing our second best midfielder our midfield is stronger in 2015 and results against the top teams this season have significantly improved. Likewise, Beams will help Brisbane beat teams like Carlton and get them off dead bottom on the ladder to a very respectable bottom on percentage.

As Michael Scott says - win, win, win.

Let's not forget we got another ready made, solid player in Greenwood... hard to remember him though when he hasn't yet stepped on the park

For a team that's been crap for years Brisbane supporters do love to overrate their players.
if you watched any football at all you would know beams is the best followed closely by and rockliff and hannebery. for a team thats never one a premiership your sure cocky. i would be pretty pissed to if i missed out on so many players like sloane, sidey, hurley, shuey and others to take hill at three.

if you watched any football at all you would know beams is the best followed closely by and rockliff and hannebery. for a team thats never one a premiership your sure cocky. i would be pretty pissed to if i missed out on so many players like sloane, sidey, hurley, shuey and others to take hill at three.
Sidebottom is nowhere near as good as Hill.

Back