DidaksLeftFoot

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
Save Didak. Drink water.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Everton, NY Knicks, MVFC
So we should assume the Daicos goal in 1990 QF was perhaps our most famous...

Didak's kick over his head to Cloke just made me go mental...

His two bounces and a goal as he kept running after a pass to Woewy in the 2003 QF against Brisbane was one of the most exciting things I've seen...

Rocca's goal against Adelaide in the 2002 PF...

What's you favourite passage of play?

Maybe we can attach youtube videos.

Tarrant's kick to himself to mark, against the Lions at Telstra Dome (the one we won by 3 points) was absolutely sensational. Probably my favourite mark of all time.

Didak's run down the members wing to goal and beat the Lions in the qualifying final of 2003 was also genius.

McGuane's seven bounces against Carlton at the G (we won by 34 points, IIRC) was pure gold.

Hmm, there are many

Cloke, hits it to Lonie, Rocca bumps Godfrey as Lonie has a clean run, look at him run! He can cover the ground, Ryan Lonie, space in front of him goals in front of him, finish it OFF! RYAN LONIE WITH ONE OF THE RUNS OF THE YEAR!

That Didak kick was mental as well, as is some of Rocca bombs. The 2002 QF was a classic!

Rocca's goal against Adelaide in the 2002 PF for mine - Jonno splits the pack in the back pocket and feeds off to Lones, who takes four bounces, finds Pebbles...and the rest is history. YYEEEAAAHHH!! :D

Molloy has the ball along the boundary line and handballs it to an oponent coming straight for him, he flattens him and the ball spills over the line.

Pendlebury's 'steal' and handball off Paul Williams.

Nick Davis vs. Adelaide @ AAMI Stadium. An adelaide player was fumbling the ball around trying to gain control of it and out of nowhere Nick runs streaming past and steals it (it actually looked like the adelaide player handed the ball to Davis) and kicks a goal.

2002 QF - Burgoyne marks in the goal square! He's played on and kicked a goa-NO! He's been run down!
Super Benny hasn't looked back since that game. :D
I went nuts when that happened, if memory serves me correct that goal would have put Port in front. I still don't know how Benny was able to stop him, just a great act of desperation, able to get a hold of the jumper and swing him to the ground. Brilliant. :thumbsu:

One of my favourites for the season was in the Anzac Day game.

We were ferociously tackling across our half-back line, and every decision was a holding the ball call gone missing, when finally we get the ball free.

It goes to Dick in the centre, and he gets run down as he kicks it. The ball floats high in the direction of Hird, bounces in front of him and takes a high bounce, right over his head.

Rocca runs past, taps the ball forward to himself out of the air, then puts it casually onto his left from outside 50, and the ball falls perfectly onto Alan Didak's chest.

Didak just keeps running and kicks the goal right in front of the Essendon defender, and we were on our way to another beautiful Anzac Day victory.

Dane Swan's 180° - 2 Port players were in pursuit, I think he handballed to a teammate, kept running and got it back, then hit Rocca on the chest with a lovely 20 metre pass.

Mick McGuane's seven bounces against Carlton rates among the best.

2002 QF - Burgoyne marks in the goal square! He's played on and kicked a goa-NO! He's been run down!
Super Benny hasn't looked back since that game. :D
I went nuts when that happened, if memory serves me correct that goal would have put Port in front. I still don't know how Benny was able to stop him, just a great act of desperation, able to get a hold of the jumper and swing him to the ground. Brilliant. :thumbsu:

Loved that made me go wild watching that at home he actually dislocated his finger during that tackel but still refused to let go.

Didaks hit on Scotland last year to fire us up, and the first Didak goal in the 03 qualifying final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Daicos inverted banana WC final.. the roar at the game live was spine tingling.. crucial goal in eventually winning the flag and it was like the crowd knew it

In regards to importance, atmosphere and difficulty (weather/angle)..

Nathan Buckley's goal from next to the boundary in the '02 GF from outside 50.

That would've been the defining moment had we wont the flag.

Not my all time fav but there was a real gem on Sat arvo, and it happened right in front of me! Last quarter, Dick runs down the wing fairly deep into the pocket flat strap and looks like he will get cornered, doubles back inside and kicks a pinpoint perfect 45 metre pass onto Lockyers chest in the goal square, Tarcs plays on, goal, match sealed. It was the sort of passage of play that I will never forget. The players themselves saw it before the crowd even realised what was going to happen. Loved the Richards to Burns to Medhurst and also the Dick, Rocca, Didak triple play ANZAC day. Dick has the knack of getting the ball forward at just the right moment. Look out Leon.:thumbsu:

^ It was a magical pass, very reminiscent of his highlights video after being drafted. Great to see he can replicate that in the big-time. :thumbsu:

The Daicos inverted banana WC final.. the roar at the game live was spine tingling.. crucial goal in eventually winning the flag and it was like the crowd knew it
I remember that, and you're spot on about the atmosphere at the game. It was just an act of genius.

C'mon guys... surely it has to be Steve Kolynuik running around Graham Wright and kicking that winning goal in that game at the MCG in 1990... oh, hang on, wrong board! :p Oh well, while I'm here, I'd have to agree with many of you... I was at the Waverly final where Daicos threaded that goal and it was absolutely sensational. I actually have a tape of it at home. Definately one of the great goals of all time!

2002 ANZAC Day Rd 5 Collingwood 9.12 (66) Def Essendon 4.9 (33)

Pissing down raining all day, we're on top in the 3rd qtr, 3 or so goals up. Ball gets kicked into the pocket at the Punt Rd End, Scotty Cummings just keeps the ball from going over the boundary line with a tap to Rupert Betheras, he handballs to Scott Burns, right foot snap from 35 straight over the goal umpires head.

Burnsy's reaction was the best, fell to his knees and gave the 2 finger goal salute

Remove this Banner Ad

Back