Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Which albums are you most excited about for this year? I'm always looking for new music to fill my iPod so hopefully this thread can help me (and others) add some new (and maybe unusual) quality songs to my collection.

On the other hand, if you just hear a good song you like in 2010 post it here :thumbsu:

Mnemic. Their new album is out pretty soon and all the songs ive heard so far sound really impressive. A big step over their last one which was kind of disappointing tbh.

Hold, Hold, Fire by Calling All Cars - Feb ??
Love by Angels & Airwaves - Feb 14
This Addiction by Alkaline Trio - Feb 23
Elect the Dead Symphony by Serj Tankian - March 9
Untitled by Deftones - April 27
Relapse 2 by Eminem - April ??
Gold Cobra by Limp Bizkit - 1st Quarter
Untitled by Linkin Park - 1st Quarter
Untitled by Cake - 2nd Quarter

2010;
Untitled by 36 Crazyfists
Untitled by Blink-182
Untitled by Daft Punk
Detox by Dr. Dre (Lol)
Untitled by Jimmy Eat World
Lasers by Lupe Fiasco
Untitled by My Chemical Romance
Instant Gratification by N.E.R.D
Untitled by Nine Inch Nails
Untitled by The Offspring
Untitled by Stone Sour
Untitled by Sum 41

two i know of being released this month:

lightspeed champion
beach house (this one leaked a while ago, great album)

there should be some good stuff coming out this year - John Butler has April Uprising which will be interesting because he's got a new band, Arcade Fire have an album out that, according to wiki, is due in May - so probably a bit later than that. Can't wait for that.

MGMT, My Morning Jacket, The National and Vampire Weekend all have albums due to come out in the first couple of months.

i reckon/hope there will be some real good albums come out this year.

Radiohead are heading into the studio now so maybe the end of '10/early 11. Any word on a Coldplay album?

Limp Bizkit are releasing another ****ing album? Give up already.

It will be only their fifth studio album, so it's not like they've made that many considering how many fans they have. It's the first one in seven years, or ten years with the original line up.

seriously though, limp bizkit...surely they would've realised their time should've been up before it begun.

offspring need to pack their s**t up and retire also. we've heard your 4 chord progression a million times dudes.

im fairly sure we're going to see an album from wolf parade later in the year also along with late of the pier. i read somewhere that quasi were releasing an album in 2010 as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seriously though, limp bizkit...surely they would've realised their time should've been up before it begun.

offspring need to pack their s**t up and retire also. we've heard your 4 chord progression a million times dudes.

im fairly sure we're going to see an album from wolf parade later in the year also along with late of the pier. i read somewhere that quasi were releasing an album in 2010 as well.
They're still musicians and have a career with no doubt many fans. Pretty sure they're entitled to keep putting albums out if they want.

i read somewhere that quasi were releasing an album in 2010 as well.

This would be sweet. I haven't given Quasi nearly enough attention as a fan of Weiss and practically everything to have come out of Portland over the last 15 years but what I've heard of Quasi has been exceptional.

Bring on a new album I say.

They're still musicians and have a career with no doubt many fans. Pretty sure they're entitled to keep putting albums out if they want.

Correct.

[YOUTUBE]2MI-_jWAmlE[/YOUTUBE]

Whoa!

That just blew my ****ing mind, man! :thumbsu:

highonfiremattpike.jpg

High On Fire - Snakes for the Divine (23 Feb 2010) :thumbsu:

This would be sweet. I haven't given Quasi nearly enough attention as a fan of Weiss and practically everything to have come out of Portland over the last 15 years but what I've heard of Quasi has been exceptional.

Bring on a new album I say.

yeah man, check out 1997s R&B Transmogrification 1998s Featuring "Birds". this s**t is catchy as.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back