Best Youth in the league - best teams in 3-5 years

Remove this Banner Ad

VanDemonxx

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wanted to get the comps opinions on who the best teams will be in a few years time. And which teams have the best youth
I would consider youth 24 and below

I'll give it to these teams to have great youth blooding through their squad

GWS, Melbourne, St Kilda, Collingwood, Suns, Saints

Even though I would atm consider them one of the better teams in the comp, I'll include the Dogs too

Only naming players from the following teams

Defenders - Tom McDonald (melb), Jack Frost (coll) , Aidan Corr (GWS), Kade Kolodjasnij (gcs), Steven May (gcs), Christian Salem (melb), Jake Carlisle (StK), Hugh Goddard (StK)

Mids - Angus Brayshaw (melb), Christian Petracca (melb), Jack Viney (melb), Jordan De Goey (coll), Jaeger o meara (gcs), Taylor Adams (coll), Jack Crisp (coll), Adam Treloar (coll), Dylan Sheil (gws), Lachie Whitfield (gws), Toby Greene (gws), Luke Dunstan (StK) David Swallow (gcs), Dion Prestia (gcs), Marcus Bontempelli (wb), Luke Dahlhaus (wb), Jack Macrae (wb), tom liberatore (wb)

Rucks- Brodie Grundy (coll), Jarrad Witts (coll), Max Gawn (melb), Billy Longer (StK) (

Forwards - Jesse Hogan (melb), Jeremy Cameron (gws), Jon Patton (gws), Patty McCartin (StK), Josh Bruce (StK), Jack Billings (StK), Cam Mccarthy (gws), Tom Lynch (gcs), Jack Martin (gcs), Tom Boyd (wb), Jake Stringer (wb), Darcy Moore (coll), Jamie Elliott (coll)

Personally, I think overall the Giants take the cake

the dees, dogs, giants, pies all have very healthy mids, and suns if they can keep the listed players

Love the saints forward line

Obviously the lists would be much shorter if I did 22 and under for example.
the players listed are in no particular order

Let me know if I left out anyone

Last edited:

I wanted to get the comps opinions on who the best teams will be in a few years time. And which teams have the best youth

Even though I would atm consider them one of the better teams in the comp, I'll include the Dogs too

Only naming players from the following teams

Defenders - Tom McDonald (melb), Jack Frost (coll) , Aidan Corr (GWS), Kade Kolodjasnij (gcs), Steven May (gcs), Christian Salem (melb), Jake Carlisle (StK), Hugh Goddard (StK)

Mids - Angus Brayshaw (melb), Christian Petracca (melb), Jack Viney (melb), Jordan De Goey (coll), Jaeger o meara (gcs), Taylor Adams (coll), Jack Crisp (coll), Adam Treloar (coll), Dylan Sheil (gws), Lachie Whitfield (gws), Toby Greene (gws), Luke Dunstan (StK) David Swallow (gcs), Dion Prestia (gcs), Marcus Bontempelli (wb), Luke Dahlhaus (wb), Jack Macrae (wb), tom liberatore (wb)

Rucks- Brodie Grundy (coll), Jarrad Witts (coll), Max Gawn (melb), Billy Longer (StK) (

Forwards - Jesse Hogan (melb), Jeremy Cameron (gws), Jon Patton (gws), Patty McCartin (StK), Josh Bruce (StK), Jack Billings (StK), Cam Mccarthy (gws), Tom Lynch (gcs), Jack Martin (gcs), Tom Boyd (wb), Jake Stringer (wb)

Personally, I think overall the Giants take the cake

the dees, dogs, giants, pies all have very healthy mids, and suns if they can keep the listed players

Love the saints forward line

Obviously the lists would be much shorter if I did 22 and under for example.
the players listed are in no particular order

Let me know if I left out anyone
All good to have a list of promising youth but as a Demon supporter you should know that first you have to develop them and then hang on to them, I would say whoever has the best development team will reap the benefits.

Why the heck has nobody suggested our team, ________? We are going to do much better than everyone thinks over the next three to five years. I mean, ______ and _______ are back from injury, _________ and ______ are ready to take their games to the next level and have you seen who we selected in the draft last week? Our first selection, _________, is great odds for the rising star next year (get on him!) let alone three to five years time! As for _________, I think he'll be a real smokey and I reckon we got him for a steal this year. On top of that, we've cleared out ________ and _________ which really makes room for _________ who will be much better in that position anyway. There is no way _________ will be bottom 4, not like our rival team, ______, who are absolute certainties.

No love for the lions young talent?

I was very close to putting the lions in there, but I think we should wait a year or 2 to see how Schache, Keays, Hipwood develop. Lewis Taylor is probably the only lion I'd put on this list

It's still GWS

Cameron, Shiel, Coniglio, Smith, Patton, Whitfield, Kelly, Tomlinson, Greene, Scully

Based on what you've posted, Collingwood don't look that special, certainly not good enough to get a mention in this topic.

Taylor Adams (coll), Jack Crisp (coll), Jordan De Goey (coll), Adam Treloar (coll), Jarrad Witts (coll), Brodie Grundy (coll), Jack Frost (coll)

I like West Coast's youth better than theirs:

Gaff, Darling, Yeo, Sheed, Duggan, Shepperd, Cripps

I was very close to putting the lions in there, but I think we should wait a year or 2 to see how Schache, Keays, Hipwood develop. Lewis Taylor is probably the only lion I'd put on this list
No worries. Was just curious. No argument from me.

Sorry to pies fans, I missed out on Darcy Moore and Jamie Elliott in the forward line

Why the heck has nobody suggested our team, ________? We are going to do much better than everyone thinks over the next three to five years. I mean, ______ and _______ are back from injury, _________ and ______ are ready to take their games to the next level and have you seen who we selected in the draft last week? Our first selection, _________, is great odds for the rising star next year (get on him!) let alone three to five years time! As for _________, I think he'll be a real smokey and I reckon we got him for a steal this year. On top of that, we've cleared out ________ and _________ which really makes room for _________ who will be much better in that position anyway. There is no way _________ will be bottom 4, not like our rival team, ______, who are absolute certainties.
Very under rated post. Needs more likes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's fun doing this for your own team, let me try...

Why the heck has nobody suggested our team, West Coast? We are going to do much better than everyone thinks over the next three to five years. I mean, Eric Mackenzie and Mitch Brown are back from injury, Chris Masten and Jack Darling are ready to take their games to the next level and have you seen who we selected in the draft last week? Our first selection, Luke Partington, is great odds for the rising star next year (get on him!) let alone three to five years time! As for Matthew Allen, I think he'll be a real smokey and I reckon we got him for a steal this year. On top of that, we've cleared out Scott Selwood and Matt Rosa which really makes room for Jack Redden who will be much better in that position anyway. There is no way West Coast will be bottom 4, not like our rival team, Fremantle, who are absolute certainties.

I'd say we about break even with GWS, but both teams need that bit more in defence. Excited with Collins as a prospect but just like KPF's, KPD's will need a bit of time too

Yep. Only had to scroll down a little to see a Richmond supporter as usual dismissing Collingwood's talent. Sheesh it is so predictable. Why do so many Tiger supporters on BF speak in the Dynasty or Superiority tone? Where does this come from? There really is some angst from them about Collingwood's recruiting. Why?

Why the heck has nobody suggested our team, Adelaide? We are going to do much better than everyone thinks over the next three to five years. I mean, Brad Crouch and Andy Otten are back from injury, Matt Crouch and Charlie Cameron are ready to take their games to the next level and have you seen who we selected in the draft last week? Our first selection, Wayne Milera, is great odds for the rising star next year (get on him!) let alone three to five years time! As for Seedsman, I think he'll be a real smokey and I reckon we got him for a steal this year. On top of that, we've cleared out Mathew Wright and Brodie Martin which really makes room for Riley Knight who will be much better in that position anyway. There is no way Adelaide Crows will be bottom 4, not like our rival team, Port Adelaide, who are absolute certainties.

Seen this posted before.

The Western Bulldogs have just as much talented players under the age of 23 as Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney have right now.

Mitch Wallis 23 (mid)
Marcus Bontempelli 20 (mid)
Luke Dahlhaus 23 (fwd/mid)
Lachie Hunter 21 (mid)
Jake Stringer 21 (fwd)
Jackson Macrae 21 (mid)
Nathan Hrovat 21 (fwd)
Clay Smith 22 (mid)
Toby McLean 20 (mid)
Tom Boyd 20 (fwd)
Josh Dunkley 19 (mid)
Fletcher Roberts 22 (def)
Lukas Webb 20 (def)
Tom Liberatore 23 (mid)
Mitch Honeychurch 21 (fwd)
Koby Stevens 23 (fwd/mid)
Josh Prudden 21 (def)
Joel Hamling 22 (def)
Bailey Dale 19 (fwd)
Caleb Daniel 19 (fwd)
Jason Johannisen 23 (def)
Lin Jong 22 (mid)

Pretty accurate.

On the other hand, if you don't want to read stuff like that, why are you on a footy forum? What do you think, we're going to uncover some hitherto unknown trove of new information and opinions about footy here?

Now, back on topic. No love for Geelong?

Cockatoo
Gregson
Lang
Kolodjasnicjcjc
Thurlow :cry:
Bews
Caddy
Guthrie

All under 24...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back