BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

So Ottavi is an EP junior. I’m sure he played only the 1 game. So did he put another player out?
Let’s be fair here. South have no players in a regular VFL spot nor Coates league so what’s the difference

I assume your referring to the game in 2021 when he kicked 17 vs South.

No Buninyong is his junior club, where his back now. In 2018, then Essendon VFL coach Dan Jordan demanded he choose atleast a BFL home club because he wanted him playing a higher standard than CHFL.

He played in East Point 2018 flag and had East has his home club for 4 seasons.

I assume your referring to the game in 2021 when he kicked 17 vs South.

No Buninyong is his junior club, where his back now. In 2018, then Essendon VFL coach Dan Jordan demanded he choose atleast a BFL home club because he wanted him playing a higher standard than CHFL.

He played in East Point 2018 flag and had East has his home club for 4 seasons.
Think he kicked more that day 😄😄

The lights aren’t good enough to see properly as a supporter. Like at Mars. Also cold, much colder at night. Also, who wants to be driving from Ballarat at 10pm after a game of footy. The games are also at a very poor standard. And also socially, people have things to do on Saturday night. Having to play footy at night is just an unnecessary inconvenience
If the Ballarat clubs want it they can have it to themselves.

No clubs want them. Ballarat council however have an agreement with the BFNL to play night games.

Why is it that the bloods have been down at the bottom for years just like South but have managed to turn things around while South are still a rabble? Both clubs face the same challenges with demographics etc Bloods always been historically the more successful, well run club in town. Maybe that’s got something to do with it?

A real fast food footy club is Melton south, didn't work with fev years ago, yet they continue to think drive through players will help. I'd think there's a chance that darley and Gartlett might play the year there, their form in the oandm isn't fantastic and cuts down the travel. How many clubs for darley in the last 5 years?

11 goal hiding, positives are their thirds won and so did the reserves. You need recruits who are committed not just interested because of a pay check

Not sure your calculations are right Spud.

That's by far the biggest problem with the system.
The points system has to be simpler so that there is no doubt about a player's points.
It should not be a case of three people on here coming up with three different totals because of all the variables to factor in.

A real fast food footy club is Melton south, didn't work with fev years ago, yet they continue to think drive through players will help. I'd think there's a chance that darley and Gartlett might play the year there, their form in the oandm isn't fantastic and cuts down the travel. How many clubs for darley in the last 5 years?

11 goal hiding, positives are their thirds won and so did the reserves. You need recruits who are committed not just interested because of a pay check
I agree with your points but at least they are having a go. Last year they were miserable, employed a coach out of desperation… This year they seem to have a league worthy coach, recruited some players and despite the losses so far they are peaking some interest and conversation. I bet the younger boys took something away by playing with some ex-AFL talent.

Don’t forget too clubs are run by volunteers not necessarily elite sports people. Give it time and hopefully they can continue to build. Paying out on the club constantly doesn’t help anyone..

Your from down the Geelong way aren’t you Trent? You’d be familiar with Darleys track record down there, decent clubs wouldn’t go anywhere near him so South seem a decent fit for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back