BFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

McCartney leaving?

Turnover high this season.
Lake Wendouree appointed Rohan Brown.
East Point appointed Joe Carmody.
Melton appointed Troy Scoble.
Bacchus Marsh, Melton South, Sebastopol and Sunbury still have the Situation Vacant shingle hung out.

Only Jordan, Maple and Learmonth staying at Darley, Ballarat and Redan respectively.

Had a look at the last free kick given a couple of times and it is a shocking decision. Well done to Darley though, best side throughout the year, well deserved. Listened to Mc Cartney on some podcast after they lost the first final to Darley and he sounded like a sook. This game can come back to bite you on the arse all the time, an ex AFL coach should have known better.

Agreed. That umpire is a carrot….. in the context of the game it was a ball up….. not that he had prior anyway. North were shafted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah should be good. He done brilliant at the Marsh and disappointing at Sunbury. Both had better resources to build from at the time he stepped in than South
If his got the position it’s great to see someone like him take on the challenge of rebuilding South. As he knows the league that’s a huge advantage I think. From all reports his a pretty good coach so hopefully he improves them and is in it for min 3 years.

If his got the position it’s great to see someone like him take on the challenge of rebuilding South. As he knows the league that’s a huge advantage I think. From all reports his a pretty good coach so hopefully he improves them and is in it for min 3 years.
Hodgson is official.

Only My opinion, I think his drawing power has diminished slightly in the past couple years.

Good on him for taking on the job, probably one of the hardest in local footy currently.

Wonder if South have any recruits/recruiting strategies up their sleeves that may have enticed Hodgson over. Or If his just commited to completely build from the ground up. I know I’m stating the obvious, But their current situation would be a hard sell to any coach.

Kudos to Hodgson, although big task ahead.
Wonder how clubs without coaches at the moment have gone with player recruiting/retaining, would prove a factor I can only imagine.

Kudos to Hodgson, although big task ahead.
Wonder how clubs without coaches at the moment have gone with player recruiting/retaining, would prove a factor I can only imagine.

Just leaves Sunbury & Sebas without coaches for 2024. Although Sunbury have already started posting player resigned for next season.