BFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched some of the final yesterday on the website. Having work experience kids from Grade 2 being camera men didn't work, it was virtually unwatchable. Hopefully the league lifts its game for the big one.

DARLEY

FB: J.Zeestraten, D.Leonard, B.Young

HB: D.Cadman, Z.Le Huray, A.Azzopardi

C: M.Denham, J.Cadman, D.Bishop

HF: B.Myers, M.Ward, A.Azzopardi

FF: L.Baker, M.Brett, W.Johnson

FOL: S.Page, L.Impey, B.Bewley

Int: R.Matricardi, D.Matricardi, H.Inglis, M.Cousins

Emg: B.Sullivan, J.Ancrum, J.Fawcett

IN: Will Johnson
OUT: Leigh Spiteri (shoulder)

NORTH BALLARAT​

FB: J.Sparkman, R.Hobbs, Ry.Polkinghorne

HB: C.Darbin, I.Lovison, S.Scally

C: I.Carey, J.Riding, N.Troon

HF: E.Lamb, H.Loader, J.Quick

FF: S.Crameri, S.Glover, S.McCartin

FOL: C.McCallum, Ri.Polkinghorne, T.Bromley-Lynch

INT FROM: S.Artz, F.Loader, B.Leonard, N.Nash

EMG: D.McGuigan, W.Quinlan, O.Huf

IN: S.Crameri

Does anyone know if the u19s and Reserves Games are live-streamed or is just the seniors?
Cheers

Looks like Ballarat has finally turned on a half decent day weather wise.

Thank god because the last two BFL granny’s have been shockers :snowflake:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard not to feel for North yesty. Outplayed Darley just about all day. Looked a completely different side from two weeks ago.

Whether that last free kick was there will be debated for years to come. It’s a bit different watching the game live at the ground as opposed to on replay, but I thought the umpires were inconsistent for both sides the whole game.

North creamed Darley out of the middle with all their big guns firing, led by McCullum , Polkinghorne, Riding. I thought Shane Page deserved the medal over Myers. Probably the quietest game for a while for some of Darley bigger names. Bewley, Baker, Denham.

As for City Oval hosting, well I reckon the atmosphere was pretty lacklustre for majority of the day, (except the last 10 minutes) , I could nearly hear crickets at the end of the national anthem…wouldn’t hold a candle to last years crowd, probably didn’t help that both clubs had netball sides playing at same time which split supporters up. At Mars stadium, I’ve found supporters from clubs tend to all sit together, where as everyone was just scattered everywhere at city oval.

Hard not to feel for North yesty. Outplayed Darley just about all day. Looked a completely different side from two weeks ago.

Whether that last free kick was there will be debated for years to come. It’s a bit different watching the game live at the ground as opposed to on replay, but I thought the umpires were inconsistent for both sides the whole game.

North creamed Darley out of the middle with all their big guns firing, led by McCullum , Polkinghorne, Riding. I thought Shane Page deserved the medal over Myers. Probably the quietest game for a while for some of Darley bigger names. Bewley, Baker, Denham.

As for City Oval hosting, well I reckon the atmosphere was pretty lacklustre for majority of the day, (except the last 10 minutes) , I could nearly hear crickets at the end of the national anthem…wouldn’t hold a candle to last years crowd, probably didn’t help that both clubs had netball sides playing at same time which split supporters up. At Mars stadium, I’ve found supporters from clubs tend to all sit together, where as everyone was just scattered everywhere at city oval.
Tend to agree with you.
Would also add that Darley & North had several teams in grand finals, while a few clubs had none, so fewer people invested in the results.

Agree with most of what you have said. Although crowd was big, ground and conditions were perfect and Darley got over the line because their 15th to 22nd players stepped up when their stars had ordinary games. Duncan Cadman, Page and Zeestraten were best for mine , but J Cadman 3 goals Johnson 2, the Azzopardi brothers, Inglis and Young were the better players. Bewley and Baker started to halve the contests in the last quarter. What a great clutch goal from Myers. Thought McCallum Polkinghorne and Riding were Norths best 3 and best 3 on the ground, Crameri had a good game and Sparkman and Lovinson were strong down back. North were the better side for 3 quarters. In the end i think Darleys bottom half got the job done , and thats what the difference was.

Had a look at the last free kick given a couple of times and it is a shocking decision. Well done to Darley though, best side throughout the year, well deserved. Listened to Mc Cartney on some podcast after they lost the first final to Darley and he sounded like a sook. This game can come back to bite you on the arse all the time, an ex AFL coach should have known better.

Darley now has 3 flags in the last 7 completed seasons. Not a bad effort. Might lose a few to retirement etc. But with Jordan there for the next 2 years and Bewley till he wants to finish up ( think he’s only 27/28) I doubt they’ll be far off the mark again the next few years