Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The names were out there initally. A lot of the who you would expect
Look up Dylan Howard on wikipedia if you want to know what happens when you find drug records on the side of the road and decide to report them on the nightly news

Stolen medical records.

Feel for you guys, just wondering if theirs been any articles on the changes both tactical and structural to turn a team the missed the 8 into grand finalists because really that should be the front page story

Listening to SEN, they're discussing just how superior the Hawks side is to the eagles. They concluded at best there would be 9 eagles players who would be in the hawks best 22. A caller declared at most 4 eagles would even get a game...:drunk:
I was listening to that too and it also made me angry, even though I'm a Hawthorn fan! I reckon we could find a spot somewhere for most of your players. Gee whiz! People are so full of it. It's as though they haven't watched any footy for the past six months.

I think our teams are very closely matched, talent-wise. Your team might be lacking in Grand Final experience, but you have the edge in youthful exuberance, speed, tall timber and hunger. You shat all over us three weeks ago, but it's as though that game didn't happen. :drunk:

I'm not sure our "home ground advantage" is going to make any difference. I think it's overrated on Grand Final day with both teams enjoying equal support. The warm weather probably removes any advantage we might have from playing at the G. The forecast northerly gusts of wind may also take away the advantage we get from our precise kicking if the game develops into a scrap (which it will)

This GF is anyone's game - just like in 2012, 2013 and 2014. (Only in hindsight was last year's GF a one-sided match - we went in as underdogs!) It annoys me when people in the media try to pour cold water over the event and forecast an easy Hawthorn win. They are selling you guys short. Hawthorn has a monumental task ahead of them to win it. I hope we can, but I'm nervous as hell about what's in store.

F**k the media. They're all idiots.

Good luck, people and may the best team win.

Last edited:
I was listening to that too and it also made me angry, even though I'm a Hawthorn fan!
People are so full of it. It's as though they haven't watched any footy for the past six months.

I think our teams are very closely matched, talent-wise. Your team might be lacking in Grand Final experience, but you have the edge in youthful exuberance, speed, tall timber and hunger. You shat all over us three weeks ago, but it's as though that game didn't happen. :drunk:

I'm not sure our "home ground advantage" is going to make any difference. I think it's overrated on Grand Final day with both teams enjoying equal support. Hot weather and northerly gusts of wind probably remove any advantage we might have from playing at the G.

This GF is anyone's game - just like in 2012, 2013 and 2014. It annoys me when people in the media try to pour cold water over the event and forecast an easy Hawthorn win. They are selling you guys short. Hawthorn has a monumental task ahead of them to win it. I hope we can, but I'm nervous as hell about what's in store.

F**k the media. They're all idiots.

Good luck, people and may the best team win.
Before the QF all the puffed up TV commentators were saying it was the most important final and would determine the winner of the GF. After we won the story was that it was an aberration and a completely sub par performance by Hawthorn who would still win the GF anyway. Hmm, how do we understand this? I suggest Victorian commentators speaking to and for a Victorian audience.

Before the QF all the puffed up TV commentators were saying it was the most important final and would determine the winner of the GF. After we won the story was that it was an aberration and a completely sub par performance by Hawthorn who would still win the GF anyway. Hmm, how do we understand this? I suggest Victorian commentators speaking to and for a Victorian audience.
The Hawks were supposedly done-for after that game. All over, red rover. Out in straight sets, or maybe we'd scrape past the Crows and get pumped by Freo over in WA. But then we rebounded strongly, flogged the Crows and it's like, "Hang on… Maybe we sold the Hawks short." They are clueless. They change their tune every couple of weeks. They love trying to outdo each other with making big statements and early flag prognostications.

Not many people would have given the Eagles a chance in 2015, especially coming off a season when you finished 9th and won 11 games. For the first half of the season, everyone was saying, you'd improved, but weren't a serious contender because you had an easy draw and you'd get found out by the good sides. You guys have been battling to earn respect from everyone just like we were in 2008.

Everyone said Hawthorn had the flag in the bag after Round 1, but they all jumped off our bandwagon after our shaky first two months of the season. Pfft... None of it matters… It's all bullshit. We're here now. Our clubs have made it. No matter who wins this Saturday, it's going to be unchartered waters in a sense. You guys elevating from 9th to a GF in 12 months with a young side, or my team trying to win a hat trick and coming back from 4-4 after Round 8.

Every year, fans of two clubs are besides themselves with excitement and everyone else is just jealous their team isn't playing. Everyone in the media is full of bias and petty prejudices. It's not just Victorians disrespecting the interstaters, but also jealousy of Hawthorn from the numerous Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond, Geelong, Carlton fans.

Last edited:
The Hawks were supposedly done-for after that game. All over, red rover. Out in straight sets, or maybe we'd scrape past the Crows and get pumped by Freo over in WA. But then we rebounded strongly, flogged the Crows and it's like, "Hang on… Maybe we sold the Hawks short." They are clueless. They change their tune every couple of weeks. They love trying to outdo each other with making big statements and early flag prognostications.

Not many people would have given the Eagles a chance in 2015, especially coming off a season when you finished 9th and won 11 games. For the first half of the season, everyone was saying, you'd improved, but weren't a serious contender because you had an easy draw and you'd get found out by the good sides. You guys have been battling to earn respect from everyone just like we were in 2008.

Everyone said Hawthorn had the flag in the bag after Round 1, but they all jumped off our bandwagon after our shaky first two months of the season. Pfft... None of it matters… It's all bullshit. We're here now. Our clubs have made it. No matter who wins this Saturday, it's going to be unchartered waters in a sense. You guys elevating from 9th to a GF in 12 months with a young side, or my team trying to win a hat trick and coming back from 4-4 after Round 8.

Every year, fans of two clubs are besides themselves with excitement and everyone else is just jealous their team isn't playing. Everyone in the media is full of bias and petty prejudices. It's not just Victorians disrespecting the interstaters, but also jealousy of Hawthorn from the numerous Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond, Geelong, Carlton fans.
Hope you guys don't read into that herald sun front page we have worked ******* hard to clean our image up then the flogs at the paper drag up a story from a decade ago 2 days before the granny

God that Footy Show is horrible s**t. I'd rather have sex with Rebel Wilson................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Triple M in Sa all morning for their footy show thingy.

Josh Kennedy wins Sydney BnF with a voice dub.
Penddlebury wins the Collingwood BnF and has signed a 4 year contract.
Goldstein had won North's BnF.

No mention at all over all 3 hours of Gaff or wings. ****silly people.

Gaff's B+F is still not reported on The Age website either. Though all the other B+Fs from Friday are there.

Try living in Sydney. The write up after the belting the Hawks gave the Swans at ANZ was all about how the Swans needed to fix a few minor things to win the premiership. Andrew Wu is chronic for it. I wouldnt trust the page numbers in the Sydney papers.

Try living in Sydney. The write up after the belting the Hawks gave the Swans at ANZ was all about how the Swans needed to fix a few minor things to win the premiership. Andrew Wu is chronic for it. I wouldnt trust the page numbers in the Sydney papers.
Your missing the point. That Sydney Paper or whatever is aimed for Sydney siders. The problem with the Vic media is that generally it is also doubled as the national media hence we get zilch and disrespected often.

If any team other than the WA teams get any reporting then you're still doing better than the non-swans or GWS supporter in Sydney. The 2 inches of sports column space not filled with NRL are usually exclusively Swans and Giants and hideously biased. I thought biased and incompetent media coverage was the point of this thread?

If any team other than the WA teams get any reporting then you're still doing better than the non-swans or GWS supporter in Sydney. The 2 inches of sports column space not filled with NRL are usually exclusively Swans and Giants and hideously biased. I thought biased and incompetent media coverage was the point of this thread?

OP was about biased or incompetent coverage in the national media - and as much/most of it comes from Vic how it is usually told not from a national perspective but from a Vic perspective. Can't really expect 'local' media to report equally on all 18 teams. Unfortunate I know and particularly frustrating for those supporters of non-WA teams in WA, non-SA supporters in SA etc etc. But OP was about it being a national comp but with the national broadcasts mostly being parochial Vic broadcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back