Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP was about biased or incompetent coverage in the national media - and as much/most of it comes from Vic how it is usually told not from a national perspective but from a Vic perspective. Can't really expect 'local' media to report equally on all 18 teams. Unfortunate I know and particularly frustrating for those supporters of non-WA teams in WA, non-SA supporters in SA etc etc. But OP was about it being a national comp but with the national broadcasts mostly being parochial Vic broadcasts.

Langdon and Hardie seem to know about all the eastern state teams as well as here in the west.

Isn't Hardie based in Melbourne? He was a few years ago.
Yes he is. But he helps with information for the many eastern state club followers that get massacred by only local footy news.

Now I expect the most NEWS to be local its WA, BUT, for eastern club followers it is a dry day on radio, and there are actually 16 other clubs out there.

And this is a national club competition not state on state!

If you listen in Melbourne which I have on occasions , SEN seems to talk about EVERYBODY!

Yes he is. But he helps with information for the many eastern state club followers that get massacred by only local footy news.

Now I expect the most NEWS to be local its WA, BUT, for eastern club followers it is a dry day on radio, and there are actually 16 other clubs out there.

If you listen in Melbourne which I have on occasions , SEN seems to talk about EVERYBODY!

Yeah but you need to take into consideration the market share. In WA you have 2 teams who have about 80%+ of the fanbase, so they pander to that and the 2 teams.

In Melbourne you have 10 team also sharing that 80%+, so it wouldn't make sense to only look after a handful of team. Even then, having listened to SEN it can be hard finding information on the Eagles.

SEN is broadcast in Perth on SportFM, they don't speak about Perth or Adelaide teams that much. Nearly the only time they do is when they are talking about a Melbourne team and their next opponent comes up.

SEN is broadcast in Perth on SportFM, they don't speak about Perth or Adelaide teams that much. Nearly the only time they do is when they are talking about a Melbourne team and their next opponent comes up.

Maybe? But you only get bits and pieces of SEN here don't you? Not the whole day?

Like in Melbourne. Maybe I'm wrong but what I've heard in Melbourne is talk about everyone. Still I'm not there all the time.

Does it seem weird to anyone the the WCE app/ website put up video of Simmos presser AND the full transcript then the next day make 4 articles of what he said in the presser? Maybe one article with something new for us people who got it the first 2 times!!!???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricciuto was painfully biased today. Try and open both eyes when commentating moron
His commentary was woeful and the bias was just unforgivable at times, especially after the Gaff snipe. He's always been one of the three (alongside Darcy and Dermott) who's been a supremely biased commentator but, over the years, his his very occasional praise of Lecras and JK put him at the bottom of that pack. After tonight's performance he's goes straight to the top.

Not to mention the collective lack of knowledge of players (Is it Hutchings or Crips? Is Emac their captain?) along with channel 7's appalling camera work, made the whole thing one of the worst games to watch and listen to for the year (in terms of actual on-the-ground match quality it was pretty decent for a fair chunk of the game though).

Couldnt believe how much they were going on about not knowing how agile Kennedy is for his height. These blokes have been commentating our games for years now too, I thought that was just one thing Kennedy is know for league wide. :drunk:

The bias of these footy panels is shitting me big time. Every *en week the friday night fox footy crew either crucify an "interstate" player after an incident or make light of an incident involving one of their own. Its either super slow mo replays of a crucified player or the panel laughingly saying why are wasting our time talking about it. You could see king idiot jon ralph scared to bring up mitchells throat punch in front of dermott too.

Say many more examples such as yeo last year and complete lack of any replays or talk on ballantyne getting hit last week against hawthorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back