Big bad Will.

Remove this Banner Ad

collingtimber

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2009
fitzroy
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have heard that a lot of interest for Minson down at the Lexus centre.Would be a great get,Jolly mk2 same sorts of stats and like Jolly very hard at the contest.If Jolly were unavailable we wouldn't lose much having big Will in the ruck.Can play in the forward line and more than a stop gap ruck until,hopefully,our young rucks come on.

Big Will is way off Jolly in terms of just about every facet of rucking (except sledging obv). Would only want if we could get for nothing.

Pretty sure I read last week that he is pretty much signed and committed to the dogs. Or he may of already signed, can't quite remember but I do remember it saying he won't be going anywhere.

Yeah, let's keep getting reject players from shit clubs. That will get us to the promised land.

Not everyone is going to be a Leroy, and even Leroy didn't have most fans convinced until halfway through '10. Most of his general play before that (especially in 09) almost had me spewing up. Remember the game against the doggies at the dome in 2009?

Not everyone is going to be a Leroy, and even Leroy didn't have most fans convinced until halfway through '10. Most of his general play before that (especially in 09) almost had me spewing up. Remember the game against the doggies at the dome in 2009?

Minson is a far better player than Leroy however not for Collingwood. You couldn't play him in the same side as Jolly, both play their best footy as the number one ruck. I don't think Jolly would go very well playing up too much up forward, whilst he does have a good kick his goals are from him pushing hard and finding space against the opposition ruckman who don't follow him into the 50.

Minson is a far better player than Leroy however not for Collingwood. You couldn't play him in the same side as Jolly, both play their best footy as the number one ruck. I don't think Jolly would go very well playing up too much up forward, whilst he does have a good kick his goals are from him pushing hard and finding space against the opposition ruckman who don't follow him into the 50.

Do yo reckon. Minsons a journeyman who has struggled a lot of the time to fix a spot in his team. Leroy was solid, played nearly 250 games and had 20+ game seasons 10x. Neither were stars but I would rate Leroy highwer even given different possies. Leroy had games where he really turned it on and and dominated, never seen Minson do that.

We don't need him at Collingwood for mine

Do yo reckon. Minsons a journeyman who has struggled a lot of the time to fix a spot in his team. Leroy was solid, played nearly 250 games and had 20+ game seasons 10x. Neither were stars but I would rate Leroy highwer even given different possies. Leroy had games where he really turned it on and and dominated, never seen Minson do that.

We don't need him at Collingwood for mine

I agree we don't need Minson at Collingwood, however still think he is a better player than Brown. IMO Brown can consider himself pretty fortunate he played as many games as he did considering the form he carried for most of his career, benefited greatly from his size and was probably gifted games because of it as well as being a highly rated junior. Neither are particular talented players however Minsons 2012 in the ruck was of a superior quality than any of the various roles Leigh played throughout his career. Usefulness to Collingwood though Brown wins as we already have Jolly, he is also a premiership player so he should hold a special place for pies fans.

I actually think Winson would be a good fit for us as he would be a huge upgrade ruck wise over Dawes and and what Leigh Brown ever was. He would also give us a bit of the mongrel we lost when Leigh Brown retired.

Not sure he would be any good up forward though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, let's keep getting reject players from shit clubs. That will get us to the promised land.

well ya know.....some people are too stupid to acknowledge that a player has something to offer, even when he is winning games for the club in front of their eyes. Normally, I try to ignore these idiots but there are times when I just can't help myself...

well ya know.....some people are too stupid to acknowledge that a player has something to offer, even when he is winning games for the club in front of their eyes. Normally, I try to ignore these idiots but there are times when I just can't help myself...
Everyone has something to offer. Doesn't mean that it's what we want/need.

Minson is an unresticed free agent so would cost nothing.A definate upgrade on L.Brown,a real enforcer, can play forward ,would make all our forwards walk tall and cause opposition backmen to constantly look over their shoulders.Ceglar and Witts are still developing and are 2 to 4 years away,Minson would the perfect fit until these two are ready.Just remember he led the hitout count this year,our on ballers would have a feast with this guy in the ruck.Collingwood needs to get serious about whats going on with our ruck stocks with Jolly starting to fade.We are not going to win a flag unless something is done about what was a major problem this year and will be for the next two at least.Get the answer to this problem get big bad Will.

Crap, can't we end this thread, didn't he just sign on for three years.

That & I'm not guessing many around here want him. ( I don't)

Been a spud for 26 yrs of his life, AFL wise.

Crap, can't we end this thread, didn't he just sign on for three years.

That & I'm not guessing many around here want him. ( I don't)

Been a spud for 26 yrs of his life, AFL wise.

No doubt being a spud caused him to lead the hit out count lol.

Sure am.Unless Jolly can find his 2010 form, which probably wont happen then we wont be winning a flag in the near future
Minson would put us right in the frame for the next two years.
The fact he's re-signed for the "Scrays" is not an issue?

Getting a second ruckman in 2013 that can push forward like Leroy would would do one of several things.
1. Prolong Dawes career by allowing him to stay at home with Cloke.
2. Push forward and become another forward option.
3. Give Jolly a hand in the ruck for longer than Dawes could during a game allowing him to play more games.
4. Allow Jackson Paine to develop in his own time in the reserves.
5. Allow Ceglar and Witts to keep developing and not be lambs to the slaughter in the seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back