Kallis
Blizzard
Silk
Botha
Hastings
Richardson
Behrendorff
Hogg

I went with Tye instead of Richardson as he has a better average and a better economy rate playing as that 'finisher' with the ball.

Oh, and Hoggy is surely better than the Dorf with the willow?

I went with Tye instead of Richardson as he has a better average and a better economy rate playing as that 'finisher' with the ball.

Oh, and Hoggy is surely better than the Dorf with the willow?
Hoggy bats 11 for the Scorchers.

Meh, nah no way. No cricket tournament has ever anything like that.

Double chance footy works for mine because it's a long 22 week season over almost half a year, finishing higher kind of deseves a safety net. The minor rounds of the BBL are 8 games in just over a month ffs. If you can't win the semi straight up against the team that finished 4th then you don't deserve the title.

The IPL finals work like this.

Why is the final being played in Canberra ?
Because some grounds have WC preparations they're having at a neutral venue for 1 year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

intersting, I've never followed it so I didn't know. I see their season goes almost twice as long as ours though.

Yeah, exactly. It's 14 games so imagine finishing first and then bowing out! But the IPL get 3 guaranteed champions league spaces and 4th gets a spot in the qualifying tournament. So it's not so harsh.

Because some grounds have WC preparations they're having at a neutral venue for 1 year.
Thunder's ground also unavailable due to Asian Cup, although I'm not sure how much impact that had on it. I assume CA wouldn't've wanted an untried Spotless Staidum to potentially host the final. Hopefully the next couple of days will lead to more information coming out as to why exactly a neutral final was needed

CricketACT will be absolutely thrilled with who has made it. A high profile Canberra product on each side
Behrendorff and Carters?

Why is the final being played in Canberra ?
While Scorchers fans expected to be able to host the final again and the WACA is available this afternoon, there was no guarantee that all home grounds were available this time of the year due to world cup preparation and other sporting commitments. If CA made the WACA available for the final and we didn't make it then everyone would be bagging out CA right now. CA made the most appropriate decision this year and have stated that it will be returning to the highest polling team in future years.

While Scorchers fans expected to be able to host the final again and the WACA is available this afternoon, there was no guarantee that all home grounds were available this time of the year due to world cup preparation and other sporting commitments. If CA made the WACA available for the final and we didn't make it then everyone would be bagging out CA right now. CA made the most appropriate decision this year and have stated that it will be returning to the Scorchers in future years.

Edited for accuaracy.

Stuart Law and Brisbane Heat have parted ways today, this to go with Simon Helmont leaving the Renegades. Wouldn't be surprised if there's another two coaching changes for next season. (Stars & Strikers)

Stuart Law and Brisbane Heat have parted ways today, this to go with Simon Helmont leaving the Renegades. Wouldn't be surprised if there's another two coaching changes for next season. (Stars & Strikers)

Could be the era of freelance coaches as well as players. Upton to the Thunder was out of the box as far as Australian cricket is concerned with Micky Arthur the only real precedent there.

Could make for a interesting player singing period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back