BigFooty Song Contest, Host: Loonerty, Theme: TV themes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And winner of the Ashton Agar award for this round

Tina Arena – Waltzing Matilda richoatthedisco
Votes 3
Agar votes – 7
It's always been my warm-up song - whenever I drive to a theatre to perform I belt it out in the car.
This Tina Arena version gets closest to the soulfulness with which I feel it should be sung. Even though she doesn't sing all the choruses and sings with an American accent, it's still a beautiful version.

Probitas_ El Dubya richoatthedisco
You people are ****ed. GTFO of my country! :mad:

I don't care Jose, I just don't care. I know what is great and if certain people can't see it that's ok.
The problem with knowing everything is that one thing you don't know is that you're a ******* idiot.

Was 6th on my list and I felt bad for not including it.
November Rain is a horrendous song. Guns n Roses should have been kicked out of Guns n Roses for recording it.

Top 3 again :rainbow:
So #mainstream

I knew Bridge was yours but I gave it 5.

You people are stuffed. GTFO of my country! :mad:

The problem with knowing everything is that one thing you don't know is that you're a ******* idiot.

November Rain is a horrendous song. Guns n Roses should have been kicked out of Guns n Roses for recording it.

So #mainstream

I gave yours 2. I knew you'd pick mine out and give it votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sent to Bunnings for a left handed screwdriver as well.
Might as well pick up some striped paint and air hooks while he's there.

Don't forget the long weight (wait).

16th Place
Foo Fighters – Come Back ShanDog
Votes – 5
Agar votes – 0
I can think of a lot better songs (even though this one is quite good), but off the top of my head, I can't think of a song that has moved me quite as much recently.
I happen to listen to this album for the first time whilst overseas on operations with the army (a long 9 month trip) and I remember hearing this come up on my playlist after being away for about 6 months.
It honestly moved me to tears at one point. Must have been missing my wife a lot that day, but had to hide a tear from my mates while listening lol.
Not sure exactly what it is about the song, but the wicked guitar riffs and building crescendo at the end with the words "I will come back" being sung hard... definitely moved me

15th Place
Grinspoon – DCX3 Allikat
Votes – 6
Agar votes - 0

14th Place
God – My Pal chelseacarlton
Votes – 7
Agar Votes – 0
Ahh ****
I've changed my mind can I do that?
GOD-you're my only friend
This is the best song in the history of mankind.
4 young Jewish lads from Caulfield at the tender age of 16!!.
Silverchair wished they were this good!!.

13th Place
Tool – Reflection Jazny
Votes – 11
Agar Votes – 1
I was going to go with something even more obscure but this is probably my favourite song, it is so beautiful in a dark way, but it is also really inspiring and imaginative.

Tied for 12th Place
Guns N Roses – Paradise City RU_ (Get your vote in next time campaigner)
Votes – 13
Agar votes – 0

Guns N Roses – November Rain NorthernLights
Votes - 13
Agar votes – 1

The Darkness – I Believe in a Thing called Love CakeEater
Votes – 13
Agar votes – 0

11th Place

Pantera – Domination PackedLunch
Votes - 14
Agar votes – 2
So many Woosh this is hard and I'm rushed but the mood I'm in i think it will be
pantera- domination (live in moscow)
Then
Every pink floyd song ever

ShanDog Allikat chelseacarlton Jazny RU_ NorthernLights CakeEater Packedlunch
:eek:
Reported for revealing PMs!

At least I beat Dub :cool::thumbsu:

You people are stuffed. GTFO of my country! :mad:

So #mainstream

Yeah but I grew up in banjo country and gunners mean awesome house parties and massive bonfires.

:eek:
Reported for revealing PMs!

At least I beat Dub :cool::thumbsu:
I knew I'd do poorly and I didn't care. The Drones are incredible and I'm not ashamed to say they're my favourite band. If you don't understand it that's your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back