Podcast BigFooty Blues Podcast 2017 - Draft Night Special

Remove this Banner Ad

In all honesty I've been concerned about female representation on the podcast being tokenistic in the past. I'd hate to be included only because I'm a woman. I know that is not what thy is advocating for but we have had excellent, knowledgeable and/or entertaining women (if I may say so myself!) on the podcast and we will again in the future no doubt.

Had I been on this recording I would have had nothing to add since I don't follow the juniors.

You're clearly pragmatic and obviously honest and I'm glad you said what you did.

Hats off to you, when you had nothing to gain by putting forward what you had.

In all honesty I've been concerned about female representation on the podcast being tokenistic in the past. I'd hate to be included only because I'm a woman. I know that is not what thy is advocating for but we have had excellent, knowledgeable and/or entertaining women (if I may say so myself!) on the podcast and we will again in the future no doubt.

Had I been on this recording I would have had nothing to add since I don't follow the juniors.

Absolutely. Your appearances were anything but token. Importantly the way we interact with you or BlueGum or Bluegal in the past is no different to how we interact with each other. It's just a fun group chat every time.

I'd love to do one

Brilliant. We'd love to have you.

We have some things to sort out so not sure when we will do the next one but I will add you to the PM convo.

Need to find someone else to edit and upload or learn how to do it myself again. My health saw me back off a lot over the last couple of years. ShanDog doesn't have the time he used to with family, work and study.

Let's not take ourselves too seriously now and good I can add moron to the level of personal abuse I've garnered from your good self.

I was being playful to be honest as this s**t has to stop somewhere. Care to put the knife into it, or should we keep the bullshit afloat?
it ain't playful, harks, it reads "hope I haven't offended anyone with my gratuitous fence-sitting" you don't want that do ya, harks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

enjoyed the show but in all honesty I'd only listen again if we had at least one and hopefully more women's voices included - not just because I'm an advocate for that stuff but for interests sake, to break up the blokiness and general listenability - neese, eskie, awg, meb, mj40 etc - make it happen

I agree - we need more ******* swearing............

Last edited by a moderator:
Can confirm that the poddies are are a welcoming bunch, that its always enjoyable talking about Carlton with Bleuebaggers, and the tech for joining in is very simple (skype, get connected the first time, then easy Peasy). Highly recommend putting your hats in the ring.

Loved the draft edition and experimentation with the live format (wished i could have joined in). Thanks The Old Dark Navy's ShanDog Arr0w and Jimmae (great job on the AFLW list changes). I enjoy meeting the voices and hearing the opinions of different posters too.

Much gratitude to ODN and Shan who have been putting in most of the work/hours organising and editing for the podcast. It wouldn’t have been happening at all without them.

What's with the elevator music ??

Gadzooks ....... :eek:

It was signifying a time lapse between picks as Shan turned 3 hours of audio into 70 minutes and spliced in the tv audio after the fact. He did a great job.

It was signifying a time lapse between picks as Shan turned 3 hours of audio into 70 minutes and spliced in the tv audio after the fact. He did a great job.

I know what it was for, I thought I was watching The Blues Brothers when they were in the lift going to pay the money with the remainder of the law enforcement world chasing them.

Finally got the chance to sit and listen, awesome effort. Would have been slightly more enjoyable if it was live broadcasted on the night.

Look forward to the extended version with highlights package.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back