Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Podcast Image.png

Click the imagine above or HERE to listen!

We apologise for the lack of podcast last week, and to make up for it, please enjoy roughly 40 minutes of ShanDog, HappyDude and Blue and Silver being as unprofessional as possible! In this episode, we briefly touch on the losses to the Gold Coast and Port Adelaide, discuss some of the positives we are seeing and preview the upcoming game against Sydney.

Music by "BenSound" www.bensound.com

AudioBoom | Subscribe in iTunes | XML Feed

Playing the kids and progress - is Cuningham the odd one out? Seems out of favour with selectors.

Also, I think you guys watch too much pr0n re: this obsession with Daniher's moustache.

Being at the game vs on telly - watching who runs where... Problem is we're not doing enough running. Other teams run past for the handball; we don't. Bolton said we had too much handball so they've gone the other way by short-passing so teams flood back.

Fair weather supporters? We only got 24K at Etihad last week. Clearly Triggy has a master plan of following the GWS strategy of having such abysmal attendances that the AFL will schedule us at a boutique stadium, viz Ikon Park.

On Graham: Hannebury, Kennedy, Jack, Parker - none of those guys are supremely quick.

Playing the kids and progress - is Cuningham the odd one out? Seems out of favour with selectors.

Also, I think you guys watch too much pr0n re: this obsession with Daniher's moustache.

Being at the game vs on telly - watching who runs where... Problem is we're not doing enough running. Other teams run past for the handball; we don't. Bolton said we had too much handball so they've gone the other way by short-passing so teams flood back.

Fair weather supporters? We only got 24K at Etihad last week. Clearly Triggy has a master plan of following the GWS strategy of having such abysmal attendances that the AFL will schedule us at a boutique stadium, viz Ikon Park.

On Graham: Hannebury, Kennedy, Jack, Parker - none of those guys are supremely quick.
There's a big question mark over our supporter base and it's engagement with the club when we aren't playing well, in addition to (or perhaps connected to) the seemingly poor supporter-to-member ratio. Would you call that fair-weather supporting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a big question mark over our supporter base and it's engagement with the club when we aren't playing well, in addition to (or perhaps connected to) the seemingly poor supporter-to-member ratio. Would you call that fair-weather supporting?
Bums on seats implies wins. I dunno if you're old enough to remember Fitzroy but they were fairly successful in the mid 80s but had dropped off by the time Paul Roos had abandoned them. By the death knell their attendances and ability to attract sponsors were minimal. I had a friend about my age who mainly went along because there were a group of fans who liked to go to matches and get shitfaced to numb the pain.

Now Carlton will always have wealthy benefactors but the past 15 years have certainly damaged "Brand Carlton".

Bolton has a carefully laid out plan but expect crowds to drop off in coming weeks if a 10 goal + belting continues. I have serious reservations about team selection and game plan but will continue to attend on my limited student budget so long as there's a better tomorrow. And it's a much happier place than the last days of Mick but fans do like to see a win occasionally.

Bums on seats implies wins. I dunno if you're old enough to remember Fitzroy but they were fairly successful in the mid 80s but had dropped off by the time Paul Roos had abandoned them. By the death knell their attendances and ability to attract sponsors were minimal. I had a friend about my age who mainly went along because there were a group of fans who liked to go to matches and get shitfaced to numb the pain.

Now Carlton will always have wealthy benefactors but the past 15 years have certainly damaged "Brand Carlton".

Bolton has a carefully laid out plan but expect crowds to drop off in coming weeks if a 10 goal + belting continues. I have serious reservations about team selection and game plan but will continue to attend on my limited student budget so long as there's a better tomorrow. And it's a much happier place than the last days of Mick but fans do like to see a win occasionally.
It basically comes down to the fact that our standards are higher than richmond and *'s.
they can sell losing seasons to their fans, we cant.

loving your work fellas but come on - get MEB back on the show - not for her female voice but for her excellent cacks, footy knowledge and irrepressible frowning.........just makes sense......

loving your work fellas but come on - get MEB back on the show - not for her female voice but for her excellent cacks, footy knowledge and irrepressible frowning.........just makes sense......

MEB has an open invitation

As much as we'd like HBF to handcuff her to the desk and force her to be on the podcast, it's apparently not healthy for relationships.

We did ask.

They haven't kept me from recording so much as I've been unwell and not watching football/going to bed before they start recording. Glad to know I have a fan--hopefully I'll be back on at some point during the season.

They haven't kept me from recording so much as I've been unwell and not watching football/going to bed before they start recording. Glad to know I have a fan--hopefully I'll be back on at some point during the season.

Sorry to hear you aren't 100% - get better soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back