Games & Recreation BigFooty Death List 2017 Congratulations hong_kong_bond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's my list:-

(I know I missed qualification, but thought I might just put my list anyway, just to see how right I get it).

Kirk Douglas (is 100, so I can't see him still being around in the next year).
Queen Elizabeth II (Was recently ill, I feel that this will be one of the most talked about deaths of the year).
Michael J. Fox (from complications due to Parkinson's Disease)
George Bush snr
Elton John
Lindsay Lohan (from years of drug abuse)
Betty White
Keith Richards
Shannen Doherty (from cancer)
Val Kilmer (from cancer)
Neale Daniher (from MND)
Harvey Keitel
Willie Nelson
Charlie Sheen
Adam West
Gene Simmons from KISS.
WWE Wrestler Vader (AKA Leon White) (has been given six months to live, according to wrestlezone).
Rolf Harris
John Randolph (actor)
Michael Schumacher
Lou Richards
Ronda Rousey (possible suicide)
Jarryd Roughead ( I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if his cancer comes back. My brother's cancer returned, and I heard that every bout increases the likelihood of getting it again.

One of the reasons for deadlines is so that you don't see anyone else's candidates. It means that the obvious ones, which you might have missed, wont be missed.

Of course, Death lists are deadly serious, so whatever.

Yeah I thought that was the idea with the deadline. Everyone's lists are not made public until after the deadline. Then once all the lists are posted no more entries are allowed. People submitting late can now just cherry pick off everyone's else lists. And now there's some extra rules for famous people getting sick after the deadline. I think we should stick to the original deadline and anyone can post their list after that without being included in the comp.

Here's my list:-

(I know I missed qualification, but thought I might just put my list anyway, just to see how right I get it).

Kirk Douglas (is 100, so I can't see him still being around in the next year).
Queen Elizabeth II (Was recently ill, I feel that this will be one of the most talked about deaths of the year).

1. Even if Kirk Douglas dies you get 0 points, wasted pick.
2. As mentioned above, late entrants are forbidden from choosing Queenie

Some good points re lateness considering the thread was open for over 2 weeks and all previous participants were tagged.

At the same time I think a points penalty and restrictions on names are fair. 5 points for every day after the deadline would mean some people are starting on -30.

Yeah I thought that was the idea with the deadline. Everyone's lists are not made public until after the deadline. Then once all the lists are posted no more entries are allowed. People submitting late can now just cherry pick off everyone's else lists. And now there's some extra rules for famous people getting sick after the deadline. I think we should stick to the original deadline and anyone can post their list after that without being included in the comp.
Agreed. They can have their list but it should go at the bottom with a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Even if Kirk Douglas dies you get 0 points, wasted pick.
2. As mentioned above, late entrants are forbidden from choosing Queenie

If Kirk Douglas stays around next year, I will add him to my 2018 Death List.

Same with the Queen.

Should get a bonus point for predicting his survival for the entire 12 months.
We should do the life list

Pick a list of ancient people and you get points to the value of their age if they survive the year

Just got myself in with a few hours to spare.
I'm getting a few more entries so late submission rules are:
No Queen Elizabeth
No Charles Manson
No James Hird just in case
Bastard. Just seen that he is struggling. Been on my short list for years but never made the cut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back