Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

I delisted him. Couldn't see him getting games in front of of guys like McLean, Curnow, Bell, Cripps, Graham, Buckley and Cachia. And he only played 3 games last year. But Mick seems to be giving him a go as a small forward and he played alright so could stay in the side if he continues to perform(though Judd and Carrazzo are still to return with Cripps looking to debut very soon).
Let's hope he has a flopper next week ;)

I delisted him. Couldn't see him getting games in front of of guys like McLean, Curnow, Bell, Cripps, Graham, Buckley and Cachia. And he only played 3 games last year. But Mick seems to be giving him a go as a small forward and he played alright so could stay in the side if he continues to perform(though Judd and Carrazzo are still to return with Cripps looking to debut very soon).
Jackson Merrett was a handy replacement..

And Mitch Brown gets signed after getting 8 possessions and taking three marks!
Ha needed a beating heart in my backline. Lost Suban and Grigg with positional changes in the offseason and then Waters, Scotland, Bock, Dempsey, Stratton and Shoenmakers all missing due to injury/suspension. Still young and cemented in best 22. Has been tried in the forward line during the pre-season so may swing forward ala Harry Taylor.

Hopefully don't have to play him after the first few rounds

Ha needed a beating heart in my backline. Lost Suban and Grigg with positional changes in the offseason and then Waters, Scotland, Bock, Dempsey, Stratton and Shoenmakers all missing due to injury/suspension. Still young and cemented in best 22. Has been tried in the forward line during the pre-season so may swing forward ala Harry Taylor.

Hopefully don't have to play him after the first few rounds

If Darling makes that move into the midfield, then Brown is probably the most likely candidate to move forward. Could make a big difference to his numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha needed a beating heart in my backline.

Ah. For a moment there I was wondering if you were confusing him with Geelong's Mitch Brown, who I picked up from the FA list a couple of weeks ago, and who repaid my faith in him with three goals. :)

Ah. For a moment there I was wondering if you were confusing him with Geelong's Mitch Brown, who I picked up from the FA list a couple of weeks ago, and who repaid my faith in him with three goals. :)

Shame he didn't get Webster during the pre-season. Wallis OUT and Webster IN sees that match up end as a draw ;)

I'm really hopeful Kolodjashnij debuts for the Suns against St Kilda. Had 45 disposals in the NEAFL :) Has to happen eventually, and hopefully he doesn't land on his shoulder in a marking contest :rolleyes:

There was a comment made on SEN that despite terminating his contract they could still trade him at the end of the year. Not sure if that still works if they delist him. It's a long shot but do you think he could end up a weagle or a docker? I would think he has too much of a w***er factor for someone else to risk a spot on the list. But if they monitor hm over the course of the year maybe a rookie spot? IF there really isnt a FA you want rockford probably worth holding onto him for now.

There was a comment made on SEN that despite terminating his contract they could still trade him at the end of the year. Not sure if that still works if they delist him. It's a long shot but do you think he could end up a weagle or a docker? I would think he has too much of a ****** factor for someone else to risk a spot on the list. But if they monitor hm over the course of the year maybe a rookie spot? IF there really isnt a FA you want rockford probably worth holding onto him for now.

I'll probably hold onto him until the end of the season either way.

I'm a little surprised at the Hawks for letting him out of his contract like that but I'd assume they've gone through all the possibilities. I don't mean they should hold him to his contract, more a matter of giving him more time... he's 20. He could change his mind 2 weeks after being back in Perth and decide that he wants to play AFL again (and commit this time).

I'll probably hold onto him until the end of the season either way.

I'm a little surprised at the Hawks for letting him out of his contract like that but I'd assume they've gone through all the possibilities. I don't mean they should hold him to his contract, more a matter of giving him more time... he's 20. He could change his mind 2 weeks after being back in Perth and decide that he wants to play AFL again (and commit this time).

The thing is, all Hawthorn have invested in him so far is a modest draft pick and a few months of training. But it takes personnel and resources to chase after a disaffected player and they've probably decided to cut their losses now rather than sink any more into this risky individual. Plenty of talented young players around to invest in.
And if he makes a firm decision to commit to an AFL career in two weeks time, how seriously can we really take that?

The thing is, all Hawthorn have invested in him so far is a modest draft pick and a few months of training. But it takes personnel and resources to chase after a disaffected player and they've probably decided to cut their losses now rather than sink any more into this risky individual. Plenty of talented young players around to invest in.
And if he makes a firm decision to commit to an AFL career in two weeks time, how seriously can we really take that?

I agree with you. It wouldn't have been the first time that the Hawks invested those resources though to help a player through their issues... with varying levels of success.

From reports on the Hawks board it isn't a matter of Garlett wanting to quit the club, they gave him strict protocols to follow while he was over in Perth and he failed to abide by them, so they're terminating his contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back