Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was able to get some time shuffling papers at work today. Wasn't much of the day, but I made the most of it.

Fleshcrawl- Descend into the Absurd.
Krisiun - Conquerors of Armageddon.

Always puts me in a calm, relaxed mood.

My current playlist:

Nile - What Should Not Be Unearthed - crazy, fast, heavy, a real return to form after the last experimental offering

Ghoul - Intermediate Level Hardcore - love these guys' mixture of death/thrash/crossover and this EP is short and sweet, a nice assortment of gang-shouting skanking fun played real tight.

Cryptopsy - Whisper Surpemacy - always avoided the albums without Lord Worm on vocals but it was a mistake to not take notice of this one.

Ministry - Filth Pig - currently reading Al Jourgensen's crazy autobiography and it got me hungry to hears some Ministry again. Nothing pretty about this one.

Melechesh - everything. Damn it, why was I so late to the party on these guys?

Good list there. This is how I rank them.

Dismember
Sodom
Remaining three probably equal.

Haven't listened to that Satyricon for a long time, might pull it out when I get home. I love Swedish dm though have always thought LHP to be overated (killer opening and then it drops off - still a classic album and one I really enjoy). I rate the main four Swedish dm bands as follows.

Dismember
Grave
Unleashed
Entombed

Carnage, if included, behind Dismember. Haha.

The Entombed albums I enjoy the most would be their rockier offerings: Wolverine Blues, Uprising, To Ride Shoot Straight....

Like An Ever Flowing Stream is the pinnacle of the Swedish DM sound though.

The Entombed albums I enjoy the most would be their rockier offerings: Wolverine Blues, Uprising, To Ride Shoot Straight....

Like An Ever Flowing Stream is the pinnacle of the Swedish DM sound though.

I'm kinda with you on the Entombed. The first two, while significant in the sound they helped establish, don't get the same air time from me as perhaps some of the ones you mentioned. I never really enjoyed Clandestine that much at all tbh.

How to get that masterful Swedish chainsaw guitar tone:

Speaking of masterful guitar tones.........anyone listen to the new Abbath album which has been online for streaming?

I did and gotta say that I'm not really that interested in it......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of masterful guitar tones.........anyone listen to the new Abbath album which has been online for streaming?

I did and gotta say that I'm not really that interested in it......

Nah not yet. When is it released? I'm a sucker so will likely buy it.

This band (Bölzer) was recommended to me after a friend saw them at MDF I think in 2014. Really digging this from their "Aura" EP.

Reminds me of Hellhammer or Necros Christos at times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back