Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been revisiting Emperor of late. 'In the Nightside Eclipse' is one of the best BM albums ever released IMO, but after that album.....hit and miss really.

What?!! Can't agree with the second statement, Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk is an all time classic, black metal simply doesn't get better than that.

I'll probably get shot down for posting this here but I have been hammering this song lately.

We don't really shoot people down here - prefer to take the piss.:D
If they had completed the entire song in the clean vocal style (kinda nice Katatonia/Novembre-type vibe at times) would have been ok. The rest does not appeal.

Two albums I am really enjoying (and both have surprised me) are Motorhead and Deicide's latest. Am really enjoying both.
Disliked the sound of Motörhead first, but got better after a few turns. Probably one of the better new ones.

Deicide sounded promising from what I heard, but not sure I really need it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listened to AL-Namrood's newest offering, pretty decent arabian folk/black metal hybrid. These guys unlike so many of their contemporaries in places like Scandinavia or the US are the real deal, they could be killed by the state (they're from Saudi Arabia) for playing their brand of anti-islamic music and thus are deserving of actual respect as opposed to the vast majority of the morons living comfortably in secular countries who produce anti-religious/anti-establishment music without the slightest threat to their livelihoods or indeed, their lives.

The new Embryonic Devourment is not bad either.

p18ef5c4fq6n1iem1opo67p1beo4.png

April
16 – Melbourne - Billboards
17 – Adelaide - HQ
18 – Sydney - Manning Bar
19 – Brisbane - Hi Fi
20 – Perth - Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back