Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know much about the Death Metal bands Deserted Fear (Germany) and Bodyfarm (Netherlands)? Will be checking them out soon, but both sound ok. Germany isn't known much for it's Death Metal, but would be nice to have a German Death Metal band in the library if I dig it.

What sort of death metal? I don't know much about the br00tal stuff but as someone who thinks of bands like Possessed and Pestilence when I think of death metal, I can only recommend Ketzer and Nocturnal from Germany but some probably argue that's more death/black thrash. But that's what death metal is to me anyway :D

Does anybody know much about the Death Metal bands Deserted Fear (Germany) and Bodyfarm (Netherlands)? Will be checking them out soon, but both sound ok. Germany isn't known much for it's Death Metal, but would be nice to have a German Death Metal band in the library if I dig it.
Newer stuff:

Classics:

Quite a few going around...

Early SoL is great and probably what they will always be known for. NOM (using acronym so Bigfooty doesn't show up in any nasty google searches) was written mostly by Cama but I think nada and domni were by death dealer which is why it is more Vomitor. I didn't join until about 2003 or 2004 so wasn't a part of the good stuff and don't usually going around saying I was in it. Camazots lived just around the corner from me and wanted to just keep the name going I think so we just hung out and put crap to tape lol.
Like the newer more doomlike stuff as well. But you are right about only the old stuff being real classics...

What sort of death metal? I don't know much about the br00tal stuff but as someone who thinks of bands like Possessed and Pestilence when I think of death metal, I can only recommend Ketzer and Nocturnal from Germany but some probably argue that's more death/black thrash. But that's what death metal is to me anyway :D

The Bolt Thrower/Asphyx type of Death Metal.

Telstra finally fixed up my net and foxtel by the looks things. A couple of the guys from Forn Valdyrheim went on to do this band, Moon. It's mostly one or two full time blokes then just session members to fill in live and whatever. We live in different states now but whenever we were set to play the same show sometimes they would try to hit me up to do some live vocals. About a month ago one of them kept harassing me and I never got back to him but I just noticed that they had a gig in Melbourne last weekend (whoops lol) so it was probably something to do with that.

reminds me of Sorgeldom a bit

Modern DM is just as good as the old stuff really, it's just that it's impossible almost to be completely blown away when we've been listening to it for 20 years. For every Sinister, Nocturnus, Morbid Angel, Vader, The Chasm, there's a Tietanblood, Necros Christos, Lykathea, TOOH, Arghoslent....

And of course the greatest of them all, Nile

Early SoL is great and probably what they will always be known for. NOM (using acronym so Bigfooty doesn't show up in any nasty google searches) was written mostly by Cama but I think nada and domni were by death dealer which is why it is more Vomitor. I didn't join until about 2003 or 2004 so wasn't a part of the good stuff and don't usually going around saying I was in it. Camazots lived just around the corner from me and wanted to just keep the name going I think so we just hung out and put crap to tape lol.

I remember getting TYONS when it was released. A letdown. Stuff before that is good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really feel out of the loop, i'd love to join in a lot of the other discusions on DM, Thrash and so on, but afraid the only band from genres like that i can say i seriously like would be Decapitated and even then that might be stretching it.... :p

Anyway, not really feeling it with the new Finsterforst....

Know much about the German Death Metal band Sulphur Aeon Schauermann? I'm checking them out, they're not too shabby.

Forgot I had their album, from memory it is ok. Might pull it out this week.

That last Vader album is spot on.

Mixed bag for me these last couple of hours in the car:

Metal Church: Blessing in disguise
KISS: Lick it Up + Love Gun (new remastered version)
Cradle of Filth: Cruelty...
Mercenary: 11 Dreams
Vader: Tibi et Igni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back