2: Lara Filocamo (Frem)
1: Alicia Eva (Coll)

Adelaide vs Brisbane Lions
3: Emily Bates (BL)
2: Erin Phillips (Adel)
1: Kate McCarthy (BL)

Also, by my count, this is the tally of all the votes given so far:

BF_AFLW_POTY_RD4_zpsapwjhcbc.png

If we're to abide by that simple (albeit imperfect) system, the leaderboard would look like this:

BF_AFLW_POTY_RD4_LEADERBOARD_zps0i4ptlaj.png

I've only had time to watch the Melbourne games over the past couple of weeks. From our game vs. GWS

3. E. Swanson
2. D. Pearce
1. J. Dal Pos

As they say, every vote counts! (and dilutes the influence of my own input, which can't be a bad thing)

Adelaide V Brisbane

3. E Bates
2. S Frederick-Traub
1. Kate Lutkins

Teen Wolf : As is quite self-evident, my voting is certainly biased (although if more votes were cast, then that impact would be negated). With the new league, it sometimes feel that players with a stronger media profile are afforded extra votes - but I guess that is the case everywhere.

Let's get topical: at this stage, I'm just hoping that Brisbane can do enough to claim top spot & host the final at the Gabba.

Also re; the leaderboard, given the small voting numbers it might make more sense to have 3 'total' votes rather than ties counting as 'one vote,' sort of the the way it works at the Olympics if two people tie for Gold there is no Silver awarded - only a Bronze.

The way this would work for, say, the BL v. Collingwood game in round three is this:

3 (10) - S. Frederick-Traub
3 (10) - E. Zielke
1 (6) - S. D'Arcy

McCarthy would receive no votes.

This would hopefully concentrate the votes a bit better.

As is quite self-evident, my voting is certainly biased (although if more votes were cast, then that impact would be negated). With the new league, it sometimes feel that players with a stronger media profile are afforded extra votes - but I guess that is the case everywhere.

Hey, we're all biased in one way or another. I know for me personally I usually value attacking play over defence, and AFL umpires award Brownlow votes to ball-winners more often than not, etc.

Also re; the leaderboard, given the small voting numbers it might make more sense to have 3 'total' votes rather than ties counting as 'one vote,' sort of the the way it works at the Olympics if two people tie for Gold there is no Silver awarded - only a Bronze.

That's a good solution for the example you used, I'm just not sure how it gets implemented for some of the more heavily deadlocked ties (such as Round 3 GWS vs Freo)? The_Wookie might have already decided how he wants it to work, but I think basically any route is going to be mostly okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back