Biggest Improver(s) for us in season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I may be a bit harsh and it's an early call but so is the same for the side saying he is a gun.

He has shown a little bit(nothing that honestly impressed me AND I have made it a point to watch him play in the replays) and how anyone can even attempt to say he will be a gun is bloody baffling and imo simply blind bias.

But anyway how was your xmas Queeny??
:)

I'm not ready to label him a gun either , but he has afair bit going for him . You can also take into account his underage career , he was always good in the carnival games.
Did you watch the Cairns game again ? Thought he gave us a glimpse of what may come.

Busy Xmas MD , 3 family get togethers in 3 days. Drank far more than I should have !
You need to drink a fair bit just to get through the day dealing with some of the family.
What about you ?

I'm not ready to label him a gun either , but he has afair bit going for him . You can also take into account his underage career , he was always good in the carnival games.
Did you watch the Cairns game again ? Thought he gave us a glimpse of what may come.

Busy Xmas MD , 3 family get togethers in 3 days. Drank far more than I should have !
You need to drink a fair bit just to get through the day dealing with some of the family.
What about you ?

Had complete knee reco just before xmas so it's been a$$ on couch and only xmas lunch thank God I was unable to attend the other 12 events lol.

Stringer - Will continue on his form in the last 9 games and expand even more.
Bonti - Having a cracking pre-season by all reports. So excited to see what he will produce.
Hrovat - Some people may not know this but Hrovat has spent his first 2 season battling injury early in the seasons with him not featuring in the first 9 games of the year in both 2013 and 2014. With a good preseason and into the side early and injury free i expect massive things from Hrovat.
Roughy - Hopefully shoulders have been fixed up and we can see Roughy regain some form. Struggled this year but i expect to see more consistant performances from our FB.

I may be a bit harsh and it's an early call but so is the same for the side saying he is a gun.

He has shown a little bit(nothing that honestly impressed me AND I have made it a point to watch him play in the replays) and how anyone can even attempt to say he will be a gun is bloody baffling and imo simply blind bias.

But anyway how was your xmas Queeny??
:)

You must have missed the Swans game. Hrovat was terrific in an otherwise well beaten and shithouse team.

You must have missed the Swans game. Hrovat was terrific in an otherwise well beaten and shithouse team.

No I didn't miss it and admitted he was good that day

Playing as a 16th midfielder no one cared about he went well that day

No I didn't miss it and admitted he was good that day

Playing as a 16th midfielder no one cared about he went well that day
Would it kill you to say that he did well without having a bad word to say about him?

Would it kill you to say that he did well without having a bad word to say about him?

Sorry if you don't like honesty tim

I said he played well and he did, but he was allowed to coz they didn't bother to man him up at all at any stage.

When/if he plays well and the other team actually try to stop him I will give him the credit he deserves for that.

My 3 are -

1. Daniel. An extractor and a distributor. Has the skills to do it all. First year so don't expect him to be a Boomer yet.
2. Stringer. Provided he remains injury free, I expect him to figure more prominently in fast forward play
3. Jong. Not a senior player, so if he can get into the team and play at least 6 games, that will be a marked improvement. Has burst speed and size but is there enough polish for him to make a position his own?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Macca gone seems like Hrovat is his next target.

Hrovat will surprise. Kid has alot of class.

Hrovat is not a target I simply don't understand why people rate him, unlike Macca I could indeed be wrong about the Rat as I've admitted he only has a small body of work to be guaged on so far and he could surprise.

But if we are handing our hat on this bloke taking us to another level then I think we are in big trouble.

Bonts will finish top 3 next year in the b and f Hrovat to average 20 disposals a game and stringer will show glimpses of gary Ablett senior

Hrovat is not a target I simply don't understand why people rate him, unlike Macca I could indeed be wrong about the Rat as I've admitted he only has a small body of work to be guaged on so far and he could surprise.

But if we are handing our hat on this bloke taking us to another level then I think we are in big trouble.
Apparently Hrovat averaged 2nd in contested possesions out of all rising star nominees , will be a gun if his body holds up

If Lin can continue his upward arc of improvement, and I am hopeful there, he could force himself into the 22.
I think we need to free Wal up a bit to play his natural creative game, since we need him, and perhaps one other to fill the void left in our midfield by Griffin's defection.

I hope Macrae, Bonti and Stringer continue to mature and improve, a lot of our year depends on that.

We desperately need some protection and assistance for Libba this year, as he will now have targets on both his chest and back from the opposition
defensive mids. Perhaps Matty B. can find a new role riding shotgun for Libba, or maybe even Koby.

A settled back 6 is probably the next priority, and I'm hoping to see a bunch of [relatively] new faces coming in there as regulars. I would love to see EW and JJ both move to the wings, so that makes space for a significant modification of our defenses.

Hunter I'm confident, injury permitting, could show a huge jump [ not just for marks] this year.

I dont see what you see with the rat and imo will be a very good player

Redpath could be the missing link the club is looking for, if Big Jack can stand up, he could be a big influence on the clubs fortunes going forward.
Boyd year will be one of development, Jack can play a big part in his development as well as his own, his big body down forward could be enormous value, if Jack can kick 25 goals, Crameri 38, Stringer 30. And a Dahl, Hrovat, Honeychurch can contribute another 45 goals.
Think about how that changes so many things, all the talk about Rat, Jong, Wallis, Libba, as important as it is for them to have a good year, but all of a sudden everybody all around the ground gets REWARD FOR EFFORT.
Something that has not happened at all under Macca, his defensive mind set, lack of decent game plan, poor game day coaching, poor people management skills.
I'm feeling quite optimistic about season 2015. GO DOGGIES.

If Roughy can start the season injury free, then he might surprise a few.

For mine, think Stringer will take another step forward and be a genuine superstar of the competition.

Roberts - Genuine talent to be a swingman. Stands up in big games. Has been groomed for long enough, will break out this year I reckon.

Biggs - Didn't get much of a look-in in a great side, but averaged 17.5 disposals when he did, including two finals. Nice user of the ball. Should miss very few games this year.

Grant - Because he's got amazing skill, when he decides to show it. Because his play-style is very unique (plays tall and small). Because a new coach and structure has a chance to sort him out. Because it's the last year of his contract and might be his last chance. Because I am a relentless optimist. Because nothing in this world would make me happier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back