Blaine Boekhorst - oooops

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wowee... watching him tonight is ugly.. he is seriously a massive spud!

And to think blue supporters think he is already a better pick then Kane Lucas.

A botched pick.. well done bluebaggers. Worse then melbourne picking up Lucas Cook at 12.
Wow. You have high standards. 17 possessions and a goal outperforms an average Toumpas game, but anyway.

Thought he was OK in a putrid side.

A botched pick.. well done bluebaggers. Worse then melbourne picking up Lucas Cook at 12.

Looked OK to me, considering his team got the flogging of all floggings. Not sure how you could say maasive spud based on that game but hey.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Was one of our better players.

I'm still questioning the selection (not Boek, just the number) and can't help but think we could have had both Laverde and Blaine had we played our cards right. Having those two on opposing wings with Crippa in the centre would be a decent future midfield.

Still think Essendon did fabulously to get both Langford and Laverde and honestly, I reckon both will be A-Graders - particularly Langford.

The internet must have better mail than Carlton who picked Boekhurst and Viojo-Rainbow. Both could play wing alongside Cripps.

Laverde could be a star or a whipping boy at Carlton. It only takes a run of games for our supporters to turn on Menzel. More clubs overlooked Laverde who slid further than Menzel.

I don't we should have a problem with people putting forward opinions......but let's just make them informed opinions.
Boekhorst being the 'surprise' selection last year, has unfortunately cast a strong spotlight on him, whether it be warranted or not.

Freo selected Simpson at #17 before Grundy & Broomhead only a couple of years ago but there's hardly a boo that comes out from other camps on that pick.

I don't we should have a problem with people putting forward opinions......but let's just make them informed opinions.
Boekhorst being the 'surprise' selection last year, has unfortunately cast a strong spotlight on him, whether it be warranted or not.

Freo selected Simpson at #17 before Grundy & Broomhead only a couple of years ago but there's hardly a boo that comes out from other camps on that pick.

Put the Carlton pick into context please.

Carlton recruited a mature age pick despite bombing out this season. They recruited a mature age pick for a rebuild - wow just wow. What are they going to do with Boekhorst now? They just de-listed Kane Lucas who has shown much more than Boekhorst ever did in the WAFL.

The rogue recruiter picked Boekhorst trying to make a name for himself picking the next Fyfe - oh boy was he wrong. Silvagni shoved his fat ass out the door within a week of arriving.

It seems your informed opinion chooses to exclude relevant information.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put the Carlton pick into context please.

Carlton recruited a mature age pick despite bombing out this season. They recruited a mature age pick for a rebuild - wow just wow. What are they going to do with Boekhorst now? They just de-listed Kane Lucas who has shown much more than Boekhorst ever did in the WAFL.

The rogue recruiter picked Boekhorst trying to make a name for himself picking the next Fyfe - oh boy was he wrong. Silvagni shoved his fat ass out the door within a week of arriving.

It seems your informed opinion chooses to exclude relevant information.

I'd love to give you a little more credit but you've come in on the same angle I've suggested that some don't...................grossly uninformed.

Oh no, he's only got a potential 10 years of good football left in him. Thats not enough time!

I'd love to give you a little more credit but you've come in on the same angle I've suggested that some don't...................grossly uninformed.

Do you think that the circumstances surrounding his recruitment are irrelevant?

Which circumstances are those?

You mean the same rogue recruiter picked up Cripps whilst others may have had a laugh last year. Let's wait and see........it's only the fair thing to do.

You're selling assumptions as fact and that's a little bit.......................you know.........................silly.

So Kane Lucas at 24 years of age after 5 years training at AFL level is doing better in the WAFL than Blaine Boekhorst who played his best WAFL football at age 20 with 0 AFL training or experience?

Incredible.

You mean the same rogue recruiter picked up Cripps whilst others may have had a laugh last year. Let's wait and see........it's only the fair thing to do.

You're selling assumptions as fact and that's a little bit.......................you know.........................silly.
So Kane Lucas at 24 years of age after 5 years training at AFL level is doing better in the WAFL than Blaine Boekhorst who played his best WAFL football at age 20 with 0 AFL training or experience?

Incredible.
Please don't feed the troll.

According to Big Footy we should have picked Dunstan over Cripps.

I have no doubt Laverde will be a star for Essendon, but I honestly doubt there will be many players taken after Boekhorst that will become guns, last year's draft class looks bog ordinary, especially compared to the class of 2013.

The Boek will be fine. Will be better next season.. needs high end fitess and confidence which he is slowly getting same with Kristian Jaksch which has had a slow start with injuries.
Boek needs some experience around him that's where Gibbs, Walker and Daisy come in handy. Not sure Carrazzo will play on next season hope he does

I could be wrong, but i believe La Verde did a Kavanagh last year.

Wouldn't have mattered. Your rogue recruiter would have gone even roguer and rogued Laverde just as roguedly if that was true.

Rogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back