Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kreuzer won't leave a club that has showed so much confidence in him getting his body right, he will want to repay them.

No use talking about himm
Compo pick might appeal more to them than holding on to an injury prone Kruezer. Possibly even more so if the same club were to sweeten a trade for yarran to help convince them to release Kruezer.

Compo pick might appeal more to them than holding on to an injury prone Kruezer. Possibly even more so if the same club were to sweeten a trade for yarran to help convince them to release Kruezer.
They will want as many high picks as possible over the next few years, both of them attainable imo

Do you really want to pay enough for them to get a first round compo pick? Because a second round pick won't be enough to satisfy them.

Watched Yarran play against Coburg a few weeks ago and a couple of afl games since. I think he's not going as well as some people think. I don't rate him as a big fish anymore ATM he's travelling lik a baby gummy shark. Has lost the fire in the belly to me and is not getting involved in play making and being creative
Was intrigued with Treloar today. He worked really hard in contests with Shiel and Miles could do with some moe help with Treloar around

Watched Yarran play against Coburg a few weeks ago and a couple of afl games since. I think he's not going as well as some people think. I don't rate him as a big fish anymore ATM he's travelling lik a baby gummy shark. Has lost the fire in the belly to me and is not getting involved in play making and being creative
Was intrigued with Treloar today. He worked really hard in contests with Shiel and Miles could do with some moe help with Treloar around
Maybe already agreed to terms with us and his doing his best to lower his trade value.

Maybe already agreed to terms with us and his doing his best to lower his trade value.
He's moping around and looks disinterested don't really want a sook coming to the club. If you're paid big bucks to do a job I think you should honour that.
He also seems to have lost some toe

He's moping around and looks disinterested don't really want a sook coming to the club. If you're paid big bucks to do a job I think you should honour that.
He also seems to have lost some toe
He will lift with better team mates around him. Would prefer Motlop but wouldnt mind Yarran either. I would like us to keep our first if pick up Yarran.

He will lift with better team mates around him. Would prefer Motlop but wouldnt mind Yarran either. I would like us to keep our first if pick up Yarran.
Agree on both there. Yarran I was envious of a few years ago, but he's dropped below a first round pick.
Motlop I would give up a first as he's a big need. I would also try and lump in Morris into the deal as he's contracted to 2017 :$

Agree on both there. Yarran I was envious of a few years ago, but he's dropped below a first round pick.
Motlop I would give up a first as he's a big need. I would also try and lump in Morris into the deal as he's contracted to 2017 :$
Think Yarran will need a second and a bigger bag of chips than Morris though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matty boyd can't kick but he is having a good year Motlop and Kreuzer would improve us and yarran would free up vlas to go in the guts

Vlas may yet not be able to go in guts.

Vlas playing well at half back.

Yarran costs too much and too big a risk for mine particularly this year.

Motlop don't need as Edwards and Lids have him covered amongst others.

I think if we could get one or 2 years out of Boyd be terrific then get Montagna for a steal should be great while we improve our young talent and build them a long.

Kruezeur is one of the better targets given FA that is younger IMO

I think if we could get one or 2 years out of Boyd be terrific then get Montagna for a steal should be great while we improve our young talent and build them a long.

FFS Magic !! Boyd will be 33 in August and 34 next year if he was to come to us i would well and truly question our recruiting department

Your really starting to sound like a broken record with this Boyd thing and i will cut my left testicle if it had 1% chance og it happening

Move onto something atleast a possibility mate

FFS Magic !! Boyd will be 33 in August and 34 next year if he was to come to us i would well and truly question our recruiting department

Your really starting to sound like a broken record with this Boyd thing and i will cut my left testicle if it had 1% chance og it happening

Move onto something atleast a possibility mate

ha ha, why does the one year deal seem so incredulous to you if he can be replaced later and would do it for a premiership chance?

I know it is different but in my experience different things can create great opportunities if appropriate

Why is it not a possibility seriously?

If he fills a gap for a year or 2 what is the problem? I don't discriminate on age if body is sound enough and form is good enough to last for the appropriate period.

If he was still going strong after our period of want we could always trade him back to the Bulldogs for nothing if it suited everybody. Risk minimal, return potentially great IMO.

Not saying it will happen but I would consider it tbh. For example could allow us to trade out another player for collateral to get Danger or some other benefit.

I prefer our recruitment team to think a lot more laterally to consider all opportunities so the benefits of new recruits can be maximised to the fullest and we do not lose competitive advantage from missed opportunities due to too narrow a focus. Blicavs is an example with the cats of thinking outside the box in just one instance

To me the club selects too many sweet spot options and therefore reduces its upside. It does not do enough calculated risk and therefore reap enough return. When I mean calculate it will take risks on form like with Hampson but it will not take risks on other areas like overseas recruits, age, etc.. IMO so little money ball advantage is taken up apart from a few cheaper plodders in some cases. For example Lambert was a better option than Hampson because he had the form but just was in a different league. I think they focus not enough on guys that are younger and those that are older in terms of age but rather the sweet spot so when they get it wrong we lose value wise. You can see the benefits of getting Grigg and Houli younger as they are still plugging away compared to some others slowing down. Instead of compromising on quality I like to take more risk(calculated) to get the upside we need

Some of the options you come up with Gun would only work if we did not have a salary cap IMO:D:p. I thinker you might have missed your calling as a Swans administrator with Cola.

I think you are a little annoyed Boyd is going so strong despite his age tbh;)

Last edited:

tthat reaks of Norf re: Waite/Higgins trying to a buy a flag when not ready to go for one. look how thats turning out for them, we are setting up for long term success, no shortcuts & have been doing so since 2010. no need to ruin it now, we are slowly getting there & once there should be able to stay there a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back