PS4 Bloodborne

Remove this Banner Ad

Read about that too after I googled to see if I was just being lame by knocking him off the ledge or if he could be beaten legit. I think all you need to do is port into a lantern past where he is and climb up, that way he never sees you coming.

Is still a jerk though.

Did you manage to pick up the stuff he drops?

Did you manage to pick up the stuff he drops?

Yeah the badge thingy. It was floating in the air when I knocked him off. After pushing on to get that shortcut that is right near the start I reloaded the area and his loot was just where he spawns next to the gun.

Any advice for a noob would be great here too:

Currently up to blood starved beast. Had a few goes and not doing bad, I know what to do now and should get him next couple goes (hopefully tonight). Still using starter axe which is now +3 and has 2x 1.4% gem things. Have I missed a decent weapon upgrade somewhere or is there one soon? I've killed cleric beast too so unlocked the other weapons. I've got the saw but at first glance it doesn't look as good on paper. Also, started as the military template and now I think I'm level 28. 17vit, 15stam, 20str. Should I push strength on to 25 or start spending stuff elsewhere?

Yeah the badge thingy. It was floating in the air when I knocked him off. After pushing on to get that shortcut that is right near the start I reloaded the area and his loot was just where he spawns next to the gun.

Currently up to blood starved beast. Had a few goes and not doing bad, I know what to do now and should get him next couple goes (hopefully tonight). Still using starter axe which is now +3 and has 2x 1.4% gem things. Have I missed a decent weapon upgrade somewhere or is there one soon? I've killed cleric beast too so unlocked the other weapons. I've got the saw but at first glance it doesn't look as good on paper. Also, started as the military template and now I think I'm level 28. 17vit, 15stam, 20str. Should I push strength on to 25 or start spending stuff elsewhere?

You need to up your Endurance a lot. Focus on levelling that up to at least 20-25. It's probably the most important stat in this game.

Also, did you grab the Red Pendant after beating FAther G? If you use it you get a handy gem.

You can also summon Alfred to help you back at the stairs, but you have to stand right on the message I've heard.

Finally got around to starting this last night. Got up to Father Gascoigne...had him down to half health very quickly then got absolutely shredded. Only had the one attempt though; didn't seem too bad.

I thought the same after my first attempt, its around the 10th or so of the exact same outcome that you want to hurl stuff out onto the street :D

His 2nd form still the hardest thing I've faced in the game thus far.

I thought the same after my first attempt, its around the 10th or so of the exact same outcome that you want to hurl stuff out onto the street :D

Find that crazy, Father G is so easy to just get him caught up on the environment. You must have just been crazy over-leveled for each subsequent boss or something :p

The secret with him in that form is to stay close, his attack range gets larger the further from him, also he is really easy to perry.

Find that crazy, Father G is so easy to just get him caught up on the environment. You must have just been crazy over-leveled for each subsequent boss or something :p

If you look at the trend of this thread. It seems that basically everyone who had already played a Souls game got through Father G pretty easily and everyone who was new at it spent a fair amount of time on it. So far I've seen at least Wii, Seany, Igloo & myself all get caught on that section and at least 2 of us are calling it the most difficult section of the game thus far.

It also seems to be that Cleric Beast was troubling the Souls veterans more than the newbies for some reason. Different bosses are clearly troubling different people. I got Cleric Beast 1st go, BSB on my 2nd, Amelia on my 4th, Sisters about 4th-5th and Rom on my 2nd and I'm a 1st timer.

I haven't been grinding although I've made sure that I'm putting a lot of effort into upgrading health, stamina and defense. Another thing that might contribute to any particular boss battle being tougher is preferred choice of weapon.

Father G has been one of the more notable boss battles from everything I've read from fan reactions and even media outlets. You may have had the easiest time with it, I had similar feelings about Rom, Amelia or BSB which I've seen giving others a hell of a time here and elsewhere.

If you look at the trend of this thread. It seems that basically everyone who had already played a Souls game got through Father G pretty easily and everyone who was new at it spent a fair amount of time on it. So far I've seen at least Wii, Seany, Igloo & myself all get caught on that section and at least 2 of us are calling it the most difficult section of the game thus far.

It also seems to be that Cleric Beast was troubling the Souls veterans more than the newbies for some reason. Different bosses are clearly troubling different people. I got Cleric Beast 1st go, BSB on my 2nd, Amelia on my 4th, Sisters about 4th-5th and Rom on my 2nd and I'm a 1st timer.

I haven't been grinding although I've made sure that I'm putting a lot of effort into upgrading health, stamina and defense. Another thing that might contribute to any particular boss battle being tougher is preferred choice of weapon.

Father G has been one of the more notable boss battles from everything I've read from fan reactions and even media outlets. You may have had the easiest time with it, I had similar feelings about Rom, Amelia or BSB which I've seen giving others a hell of a time here and elsewhere.

Yeah, so true. So far Vicar Amelia has been the hardest for me going purely by number of deaths and frustration. The others I've done easily enough in 1-3 tries with no summons.

You need to up your Endurance a lot. Focus on levelling that up to at least 20-25. It's probably the most important stat in this game.

Also, did you grab the Red Pendant after beating FAther G? If you use it you get a handy gem.

Thanks, endurance is what I meant by stamina lol.

Is the red pendant what was on his wife's body? Because I think I returned that to the child. To be honest I haven't even checked to see if I still have it >_>

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've played through every Souls game a number of times and am pretty familiar with how to beat the bosses I guess. Haven't died to a boss more than a couple of times (and even then it's generally due to being hit with a OHK move).

Just found Father G particularly easy due to the fact that he is super easy to parry and doesn't take much damage to kill. Add in the fact that it's easy to run behind the tombstones to heal and yeah, much easier than BSB for example. Perhaps the experience with the newbies is simply they are still learning and discovering when they face Father G, and simply have more knowledge for the latter bosses.

I've played through every Souls game a number of times and am pretty familiar with how to beat the bosses I guess. Haven't died to a boss more than a couple of times (and even then it's generally due to being hit with a OHK move).

Just found Father G particularly easy due to the fact that he is super easy to parry and doesn't take much damage to kill. Add in the fact that it's easy to run behind the tombstones to heal and yeah, much easier than BSB for example. Perhaps the experience with the newbies is simply they are still learning and discovering when they face Father G, and simply have more knowledge for the latter bosses.

I did BSB not too long after Father G and found the biggest issue I had the first time was that I only had a few blood vials by the time I found him. As long as you have antidotes his attacks were very well telegraphed and my axe had enough range and damage that I was able to get him provided that I had antidotes mapped to the square button.

As I said with Father G it was all about that third phase, he'd just swamp me and I could get the breathing room that I like to have for most encounters.

But I have noticed that guys like yourself, Lukas & Beta got past him pretty easily whilst it was all the new guys getting hung up on him. Those first few hours were a massive learning experience for myself at least.

Yep only fools go in under leveled. The grind is fun and the reward of being able to wreck every boss as a result gets me moister than an oyster.

I found BSB significantly easier than Father G. Did BSB on my first shot, and while I could see what to do against Father G, it took a while to actually do it.

* Amelia though.

Yeah being a souls noob I had a bit of trouble my first few times with Father G mainly because I didn't parry much with my battling & it was mainly his beast mode that caused me frustration, I think I did it on my 6th proper attempt which was only 2 more than when I took on Cleric Beast.

Once I got the parry down pact it was a little easier as I think I got 3 on him in my final run including the important final blow, it took 16 of my 18 blood vials though & I was surprised I didn't die trying to get a shot in when he continually charged like crazy in his final form.

One of the most satisfying boss beats i've encountered in a game i've played in ages.

Finally got around to starting this last night. Got up to Father Gascoigne...had him down to half health very quickly then got absolutely shredded. Only had the one attempt though; didn't seem too bad.
So I found out this afternoon that weapons lose strength etc as they're used - which means I beat the Cleric Beast with a s**t weapon, and this FG attempt was done with a weapon with about 15 durability left.

Repaired my weapon and took out FG first go. Only one health potion used.

So I found out this afternoon that weapons lose strength etc as they're used - which means I beat the Cleric Beast with a s**t weapon, and this FG attempt was done with a weapon with about 15 durability left.

Repaired my weapon and took out FG first go. Only one health potion used.

Doesn't actually lose damage the less durability it has, only once it's below like 20% and you get the 'at risk' warning.

The fact that you chewed through a weapons durability before even beating Father G is an achievement in and of itself :p

Doesn't actually lose damage the less durability it has, only once it's below like 20% and you get the 'at risk' warning.

The fact that you chewed through a weapons durability before even beating Father G is an achievement in and of itself :p
Ah, I see - probably only affected my first FG run then. It was at 11 when I finally realised and repaired it.

Haha not really sure how I managed it either - do strong attacks decrease it by more? If so I can understand why, my play style is pretty heavily reliant on them.

Ah, I see - probably only affected my first FG run then. It was at 11 when I finally realised and repaired it.

Haha not really sure how I managed it either - do strong attacks decrease it by more? If so I can understand why, my play style is pretty heavily reliant on them.

Don't believe so, think it just ticks down every time you hit something, be it enemy or wall. Guessing you must have died to Cleric Beast quite a few times and subsequently kept clearing the area on your way back?

Don't believe so, think it just ticks down every time you hit something, be it enemy or wall. Guessing you must have died to Cleric Beast quite a few times and subsequently kept clearing the area on your way back?
Yeah, the Cleric Beast took me a while. Not sure exactly how many attempts, but enough. :p

I've also done a reasonable amount of grinding, just to get used to the mechanics etc. This style of game is very new to me. Nothing over the top though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back