Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we dont pick up Weiderman. Rumour is that his ankle has not healed. He had the injury most of last season. We don't need another player keeping Giles company on the LTI list.

Yeah, we're tipped to take one of several injured forwards at pick 8. :(

Maybe we should just focus on Oliver, Milera and Bonner and just grab a project tall at pick 60.

Im personally more in the camp that if he was ever going to make it....he's more likely now than ever before.

The club has gotten rid of the laconic players, and with a bit of luck he will see the effort of peers like Kerridge and Cripps and with our development focus, get his training program together and really make a go of it.

If he was hanging out with Yarran last year I think it is a reasonable assumption to think Yarran would not have been a great influence!!

I can't see Dunkley still being around at #19 if he bypasses the Swans and nominates as an open pick in the draft TBH, would be brill if he was though .

I can't see Dunkley still being around at #19 if he bypasses the Swans and nominates as an open pick in the draft TBH, would be brill if he was though .
Rated in 20-40 range - apparently we have him rated slightly higher and willing to take end of the first round whereas most others wouldn't. Who knows... If he's best available on our board then he'll be a chance.

This is based on the 100's of minutes of footy you've seen him play?
If we limited discussion about the draft to people who had the spare time to watch 100's of minutes of junior footy our draft conversations would probably involve plenty of pictures of tumbleweeds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we dont pick up Weiderman. Rumour is that his ankle has not healed. He had the injury most of last season. We don't need another player keeping Giles company on the LTI list.

I agree that we shouldn't draft anyone with serious injury concerns like Weidermab and Burton.

I realise that sometimes it can pay off like Selwood and Stringer, but it can also become like Gumbleton and Freeman.

In the position we are in, we have to nail our high picks and go for the safe option that we are confident will be 200+ gamers.
Let other teams take the risk with those injured guys.

I agree that we shouldn't draft anyone with serious injury concerns like Weidermab and Burton.

I realise that sometimes it can pay off like Selwood and Stringer, but it can also become like Gumbleton and Freeman.

In the position we are in, we have to nail our high picks and go for the safe option that we are confident will be 200+ gamers.
Let other teams take the risk with those injured guys.
Spot on. We have already had enough of a punt with the GWS players, a couple of whom have had reasonably serious injuries, and we aren't a team brimming with depth like Hawthorn who can afford to take the risk.

**** off. I'm the site bully. And so is my wife.

wedgie.jpg

The problem is that there just aren't that many "safe picks" this year. Definitely enough safe picks for 1 and 8 but after that its really a crap shoot.

**** off. I'm the site bully. And so is my wife.
You don't scare me! I know just how to deal with you bullies!....

Give you all the money in my pockets, look down, avoid eye contact, make myself small and briskly walk in the opposite direction...

Cop that!

DVB what is the meaning of your new av?

Nothing, I was looking up old Carlton logos/badges to use as a new Avvy, and this one appealed to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back