Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Semantics I think, if you value Gaff at 15-16 (unders IMO) then it becomes pick 2 for Cripps instead of pick 1.

Pointless conversation.

If you reckon this player + this draft pick = pick 2 then go trade Gaff and that pick for pick 2 ... then come back and talk about trading the equivalent of pick 2... which incidentally is pick 2... for Cripps.

Utter bullshit to imagine you can "package" up to the equivalent of a certain pick ... trades are about relative value ... fair value based on a fixed exchange does not apply.

How about I offer you say 2 picks - notionally 40 & 41 and say Boekhorst for Gaff. Wouldn't that somehow value Gaff at the equivalent of pick 15?

Al you've effectively done, by positing Gaff's "worth" at #15 is tell us what you'd let him go for... not really indicating what Carlton would be prepared to give up to acquire him. I'm no list manager but it's pretty unlikely the answer to that involves Cripps in any way or form.

Last edited:
at least you 2 from WC aren't arrogant tossers like the Adelaide contingent who invaded the forum last year screaming at Carlton for being stupid about wanting too much for Gibbs...

what your analysis misses is that added points according to speculative value of picks doesn't equate to what Carlton's list build exercise requires before it is complete. For example you posit that Gaff is worth X but really Carlton isn't 'short' wings it is 'short' A grade mids therefore the value of Cripps ( like Gibbs) to Carlton is greater than what WC can realistically offer - ie another Cripps ( or in Adelaide's case last year) another Gibbs.

for all the criticism that Priddis cops - he has been an great on baller for WC - you will need to replace him just to stay level with current performance. You saw how far Carlton's performance fell when Cripps and Ed Curnow were sidelined for the second half of the season - it also cost a lot in terms of on field development of the kids we were playing.

Can't see Cripps leaving unless he has decided he hates Carlton which is doubtful since it is expected he will be named VC if not Captain for 2018.

This

Pointless conversation.

If you reckon this player + this draft pick = pick 2 then go trade Gaff and that pick for pick 2 ... then come back and talk about trading the equivalent of pick 2... which incidentally is pick 2... for Cripps.

Utter bullshit to imagine you can "package" up to the equivalent of a certain pick ... trades are about relative value ... fair value based on a fixed exchange does not apply.

How about I offer you say 2 picks - notionally 40 & 41 and say Boekhorst for Gaff. Wouldn't that somehow value Gaff at the equivalent of pick 15?

Al you've effectively done, by positing Gaff's "worth" at #15 is tell us what you'd let him go for... not really indicating what Carlton would be prepared to give up to acquire him. I'm no list manager but it's pretty unlikely the answer to that involves Cripps in any way or form.

You're going to be shocked when you work out how the points value system works for the AFL draft.

https://www.draftguru.com.au/pick-value-calculator

Edit: I think Gaff's value is a mid 1st, pick 15 was from a Carlton supporter suggesting he's worth a "late first" at best.

Simon White?

Had to google this one.

Users also googled

Why do some players always kick backwards
Momentum killer
How does he get a game
What is Simon white's contract status
What do you call a defender that is too small to play on KPF but not agile enough for small forwards
WTF is a Utility
What compromising photos does Simon white have of the Carlton selection panel

Users also googled

Why do some players always kick backwards
Momentum killer
How does he get a game
What is Simon white's contract status
What do you call a defender that is too small to play on KPF but not agile enough for small forwards
WTF is a Utility
What compromising photos does Simon white have of the Carlton selection panel

He is uncontracted atm? Well ends this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potentially 2017 + 2018 first could be a pick inside the top ten and one just outside, every chance we are s**t next season.
A few pages back I suggested
your first, 2018 first and Venables.

i.e. 3 picks in the 10-15 range for one future Brownlow Medallist.

You do not lose any players for a premiership tilt and we cross our fingers and hope 1 or 2 are not a bust.

Hey Blue friends,

I've read on BigFooty (this board) that Eagles are into Cripps so obviously it's true and 100% happening.

What would he cost? I'll give you 2017 + 2018 first rounder.

You seriously think that 2 picks in the teens are enough to get the best young clearance mid in the comp?
I suggest you watch some of his highlights and read up on some of the statistics.
Statistics that he leads the like of Dangerfield, Ablett, Judd and J. Selwood in.
When you've actually done enough research then you may be able to provide me the answer.

You seriously think that 2 picks in the teens are enough to get the best young clearance mid in the comp?
I suggest you watch some of his highlights and read up on some of the statistics.
Statistics that he leads the like of Dangerfield, Ablett, Judd and J. Selwood in.
When you've actually done enough research then you may be able to provide me the answer.
Appreciate that you think we'll be top 8 next season.

A few pages back I suggested

i.e. 3 picks in the 10-15 range for one future Brownlow Medallist.

You do not lose any players for a premiership tilt and we cross our fingers and hope 1 or 2 are not a bust.
Reckon Venables isn't going anywhere, very highly rated at the club and will be playing next season.

Props to the WC supporters in the thread. I feel like they are putting up an effort, staying pretty reasonable and trying to be objective as possible. Understandably, us Blues fans are getting a bit hot under the collar just discussing the possibility.

The problem is I don't think there is a compromise point. Patty's worth to the club is huge; not only the best(ish) inside mid in the league, but basically a one-man grunt squad for our midfield. Even if the offering was better than Dangerfield/Treloar trades, we'd probably end up going backwards. We'd just about want 3 first rounders, but of course no club would pay three first rounders - not for Patty or anyone else.

It's like if a club offered picks 1 and 6 for GC's Tom Lynch. That kind of consideration is massive, but unlikely you can replace the best young KPF even with that bounty. Unless you somehow landed Loukoumadesaredelicious or whatever his name is in next year's draft.

Basically Cripps is worth more than anyone would pay for him. Anything less than his 'true' value, and we just say no. If he was out of contract, I think we would end up accepting something along the lines of what WC supporters are offering; two shiny-ish picks or a very good player and one shiny pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back