Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finlayson is a very handy footballer. Lethal left foot and provides great run off half back. Started the season brilliantly but was then swung forward where he wasn't as effective. If he is able to be packaged up with Setterfield then it is a must. Forget not targeting him because we have Marchbank, Plowman, Weitering etc, the more good footballers we have the better we'll be, pretty simple. Competition for spots is what we've desperately lacked, I would absolutely love to get him.

Happy with the trade period so far but still feel we need another mid or two. Ideally we'd target Barlow and then try and take the best SANFL or VFL midfielder towards the end of the draft. We're building nicely and the only direction should be up.

I can't believe there hasn't been more interest in Finlayson. Great size and a absolute weapon of a foot. I would have thought the Hawks would love him.

Guys, we are building a serious 44 man squad here.
The recruitment team we have aren’t idiots. The people we have there are jets.
McGovern is a great pick up and we paid a fair price.
Setterfield has all the ability in the world to be a genuine A-grader.
Rest assured people that are disappointed we ‘missed out’ on players like Tyson and Miles. We did not miss out on these players. We didn’t want these players.
They are good foot soldiers, but just like at the Giants, Melbourne and the Tigers, as soon as these teams started playing finals football these players are moved out.
We said we wanted players 24-27, and we do. But not just more foot soldiers.
So after missing out on Shiel, unless another operation it for an A grader comes up, our best course is to draft.
As has been said, we are not building a team to finish 5-9th, we are building a team that can have sustained success.
Unfortunately that takes time!
This x1000!
Anybody doubting our strategies MUST READ!
We are doing this thing properly, no shortcuts.

Anyone know what Barrett is talking about in sliding doors when he says SOS is working on something.
Barrett talks so much crap in those articles. It's basically his weekly "throw something out about every team and hope one sticks"

I'd not waste to much time thinking about it, wait for someone reputable to say somthing

Smell any smoke regarding the rumour 'trade Pick 1 + next year's first, for GC's Picks 2 & 3'?

Hey EP, do know if we’re close to adding in the midfield coach anytime soon (or other coaching staff with an internal shuffle)?

ep do you think there is any truth to the coniglio trade with setterfield story?
Don't know why, with all these questions I keep thinking EP is some kind of fortune teller.:D

I think one of those teams will make a draft day trade to get ahead. Most likely Adelaide jumping Port, as I don't think Adelaide will want to show their hand and allow Port to jump ahead again. They have the ammo to do it so Adelaide won't want to give them any encouragement and will make a move as late as possible, potentially when the pick is on the clock

I reckon from pick 2 onwards both SA teams will be making draft day bids leaving them both and GCS 30 minutes to haggle out a deal.

This will repeat at pick 3 with the failed bidder out of port and the crows making another offer.

Holding those picks gives GCS a shit load of wriggle room on draft day.

For mine we should seriously entertain trading pick 1 to get (say) picks 3 and 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why we wouldn't want a double dip in the top end of this draft. A big trade might never happen and I don't think the top end of next years draft is shaping up like this year's.

How many of this year's top five or six players came from out of the blue? I ask because the recruiters would have a reasonably good idea in advance; draft them when you can get them.

If by the end of trade week we have added McGovern, Fasolo, Setterfield and have kept pick 1 and our future 1st we have done extremely well! Maybe pick up Barlow as a DFA for some depth and guidance for our younger guys. I don’t think we are at the stage of trading out premium picks and if we are honest with ourselves we are a couple of years away from being ready to land a big fish.

Add Setterfield and Walsh to Cripps Kennedy, Dow, SPS, Fisher, and O’Brien and our midfield will be first class in a couple of years.

Can't wait to see hardarse Russell get to work on all our kids. They better be prepared. A couple might fall away, but most will thrive.

Marchbank is my personal favorite project watch. I think he is elite in the making and will thrive being driven hard.

Russell is sating his career appetite. Long stints with elite quality in quantity at Port, Hawthorn and now Carlton. All power to him. He looked keen as f**k in his interview.
Marchbank is a funny one because you just know that he could be a star but he looks so low on confidence sometimes, he needs a mind coach more than anything I reckon and according to that interview with Russell that'll be one of his main responsibilities, training players mentally for game day. Can't wait to see the dividends that it could pay.

If we aren’t getting the mature bodied players, then I say we do a GWS and stock up on the kids ... Setterfield, Smith, Rozee and Caldwell and replace Graham, Kerridge, Lamb and Rowe. Finlayson and Scully are possible too ...

Worried about Caldwell's injuries. A bit young to be having so many soft tissue issues. Could be the next Nathan Freeman.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back