Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Aish was a South Australian , if he is looking to move on from Brisbane I imagine it would be likely he would be looking to get back to Adelaide.
He is south australian....but talk was that both carlton and collingwood have been courting him. Both clubs should have better picks to trade than adelaide or port.

Shiel would cost more than just a first rounder.

If Carlton rates him you wouldn't baulk at a undervalued Tom Mitchell. Would be following the 'Buy Low Sell High' motto.

Sam Day is another out of favour. Watch GC pretty regularly and looks quality in some games and useless in others. Doesn't help getting the best defender most weeks when still developing.

I don't want Aish..

Any young player who quits on their team 4 games into their second season is not the type of character we want at Carlton.

Very happy if the Jack Darling to Carlton whispers comes true, but let Collingwood and Adelaide fight over James Aish.

I would be after Josh Kelly.

Is going to be an out and out gun and we will not have to pay near as much as some of the other names already mentioned.

I don't want Aish..

Any young player who quits on their team 4 games into their second season is not the type of character we want at Carlton.

I don't follow.

Sam Docherty spent only 2 years at Brisbane. We got him at a discount because he'd refused to negotiate a new contract.

What makes Aish any different? If the culture up there hasn't improved since Sam left, why would he want to stay?

I don't follow.

Sam Docherty spent only 2 years at Brisbane. We got him at a discount because he'd refused to negotiate a new contract.

What makes Aish any different? If the culture up there hasn't improved since Sam left, why would he want to stay?
But Docherty only wanted Carlton.

I don't know Aish personally.. but it sounds as if he just wants out of Brisbane.

Did Gibba let the cat out of the bag this morning in his presser re: MM?
I think that the most pleasing thing for the players and Mick will be if we can send him off with a win," Gibbs said.
I saw that and was wondering about it...

If Carlton rates him you wouldn't baulk at a undervalued Tom Mitchell. Would be following the 'Buy Low Sell High' motto.

Sam Day is another out of favour. Watch GC pretty regularly and looks quality in some games and useless in others. Doesn't help getting the best defender most weeks when still developing.
GC17 have said that they are going to rebuild the list and try and get it a bit more balanced. It could be that we are going to go for Sam Day with a third round pick! I thought that we were going to look at him last year... but we ended up going with Jones.

But Docherty only wanted Carlton.

I don't know Aish personally.. but it sounds as if he just wants out of Brisbane.

Whisper in the Herald Sun on Thursday that the Trigg and Aish families are quite close, so there is a chance he could make his way to Carlton.

As they drafted Peter Wright last year there is a chance we could potentially grab one of their talls.
Would cost us a fair bit IMO, but it's something we could have a look at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As they drafted Peter Wright last year there is a chance we could potentially grab one of their talls.
Would cost us a fair bit IMO, but it's something we could have a look at.

Do you think Sam Day would cost a fortune? I don't know.
A former pick #3 but someone that may be get-able relatively cheap.

We'd just need him to nominate us and we may get an O'Rourke-like deal. Question would be though; Do we want him?

We'd just need him to nominate us and we may get an O'Rourke-like deal. Question would be though; Do we want him?
Sadly if things continue the way they are, I have no idea why a young bloke with his whole career ahead of him would nominate us over the 17 other clubs...

Sadly if things continue the way they are, I have no idea why a young bloke with his whole career ahead of him would nominate us over the 17 other clubs...

Why not? Would be just about guaranteed a game every week and would get paid very well. What's not to like?

Make no mistake that Mick has had a big say in players wanting to come to the club, but if there is uncertainty about our coach leading into seasons end, it may make things a little trickier.

Why not? Would be just about guaranteed a game every week and would get paid very well. What's not to like?

Make no mistake that Mick has had a big say in players wanting to come to the club, but if there is uncertainty about our coach leading into seasons end, it may make things a little trickier.
Young players in demand aren't interested in spending the next 3-5 years dwindling around the bottom of the ladder We can guarantee him games but that's it.

I have no doubt Mick had a heavy influence on guys like Doc, Everitt and Jaksch. However if another year of bottom 6 occurs it will get harder and harder to sell our club to players, unless we trump others with $$$ offerings.

But having said this, if we finish bottom 6 and all of Cripps, Boekhorst, Byrne and maybe 1 or 2 others finish with a Rising Star Nom, this job becomes easier.

I'd rather just rebuild through the draft tbh. Load up on da kidz.

If we finish bottom 6 and all of Cripps, Boekhorst, Byrne and maybe 1 or 2 others finish with a Rising Star Nom, this job becomes easier.

Think about it from a kids perspective though. Do you risk going to Hawthorn and being like Jono O'Rourke who isnt guaranteed gametime with guys like Hodge and Mitchell still playing, or do you go to a lower place club that you see some potential in....where you can be a vital cog in their future midfield.

When it comes to guys like treloar, aish, shiel etc.....they are all young enough, that trading correctly for them is equivalent to drafting....but you get a few years of time in the gym and game experience....and you know what the player is capable of. As opposed to a draftee who is more of an unknown quantity.

Gold Coast would want a first round pick for him I would have thought.
A KPP that has had a number of years of development put into him and should be about to come into his best years of footy.

Young players in demand aren't interested in spending the next 3-5 years dwindling around the bottom of the ladder We can guarantee him games but that's it.

I have no doubt Mick had a heavy influence on guys like Doc, Everitt and Jaksch. However if another year of bottom 6 occurs it will get harder and harder to sell our club to players, unless we trump others with $$$ offerings.

But having said this, if we finish bottom 6 and all of Cripps, Boekhorst, Byrne and maybe 1 or 2 others finish with a Rising Star Nom, this job becomes easier.

Why are we worse than 17 other clubs other than for the media saying so?

Getting good players into your club is part of pushing back up the ladder.
A quality mid, a KPF, good development and we're already well into our re-build.

Our re-build has to come from inside moreso than it has to come from selling the farm for high numbers.
Let's get Byrne, Sheehan, DVR, Smith, Jaksch, Giles, Whiley up and running and all of a sudden we're not quite as bad as first made out.

Think about it from a kids perspective though. Do you risk going to Hawthorn and being like Jono O'Rourke who isnt guaranteed gametime with guys like Hodge and Mitchell still playing, or do you go to a lower place club that you see some potential in....where you can be a vital cog in their future midfield.

When it comes to guys like treloar, aish, shiel etc.....they are all young enough, that trading correctly for them is equivalent to drafting....but you get a few years of time in the gym and game experience....and you know what the player is capable of. As opposed to a draftee who is more of an unknown quantity.
The bolded is what I'm worried about. If we have a horrid year and the usual suspects are still getting games, I'm afraid we won't be able to sell the term "potential" to emerging stars.

You're right about the second part, picking up absolute stars of those players caliber is better than drafting. 2/3 of those guys look like future Brownlow medallists, landing any of them would be absolutely massive.

Giving up picks for guys like Day though, nah. I'd rather take the punt.

Gold Coast would want a first round pick for him I would have thought.
A KPP that has had a number of years of development put into him and should be about to come into his best years of footy.

Got dumped on the weekend. Not something you'd do to a player that is a priority to the club.

I don't know whether it will be Day, Gorringe, Dixon etc but there does seem to be a fire sale coming up at G.C.

Their list just isn't very well balanced at all.

Why are we worse than 17 other clubs other than for the media saying so?

Getting good players into your club is part of pushing back up the ladder.
A quality mid, a KPF, good development and we're already well into our re-build.

Our re-build has to come from inside moreso than it has to come from selling the farm for high numbers.
Let's get Byrne, Sheehan, DVR, Smith, Jaksch, Giles, Whiley up and running and all of a sudden we're not quite as bad as first made out.
Why are we worse? Look at our ladder position and the age of our list. The media are hounding us but that doesn't mean they're wrong. I really can't think of another club in a weirder situation than us. In the space of a month we have announced we are challenging, backed the coach, announced a rebuild, backtracked on the coach, publicly stated that our recruiting has been abysmal over the years.

Not against getting these good players to the club, just finding hard to see it happen if things continue the way they're going.

We beat the Saints without Montagna or Riewoldt; our problems haven't disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back