Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who else gets re-signed before trade period?

LOB, SPS, Gibbons, Honey, Kennedy, Cotters and Newnes still OOC, among others..

I'm presuming at least Ramsay, Parks, and Boyd are gone along with Levi, Eddie, and Murph.

In my opinion:

O'Brien - 1-year deal (if not traded)

Petrevski-Seton - 1-year deal (if not traded)

Gibbons - Delisted or rookie-listed for depth

Honey - Two-year deal

Kennedy - Two-year deal

Cottrell - Delisted

Newnes - Delisted

In my opinion:

Honey - Two-year deal

Kennedy - Two-year deal

Cottrell - Delisted

Newnes - Delisted
Looks good. What I'd add though is if they delist Cottrell and Newnes you'd think O'Brien will stay even if we get Cerra. Agree with everything else.

In my opinion:

Honey - Two-year deal

Kennedy - Two-year deal

Cottrell - Delisted

Newnes - Delisted

my guess (club offers to each player - wether they except is another story)
Obrien - Rookie
SPS - 2 years (back the new coach to get the best out of him)
Gibbons - 1 year
Honey - 1 year
Kennedy - 1 year
Cottrell - cardboard box to pack his stuff up
Newnes - delisted

In my opinion:

Honey - Two-year deal

Kennedy - Two-year deal

Cottrell - Delisted

Newnes - Delisted

If we keep LOB and SPS, and bring in Hewett and Cerra, not sure there's much point hanging onto Kennedy. Likely be seeking overs due to his UFA status. He can go anywhere for nothing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m still to be convinced Voss is the right appointment for our senior coaching role. However, I’m also mindful we don’t have any more experienced options left.

Thanks. We'll let the club know to contact you before they hire someone. Cheers.

A fool of myself to random nobodies?
Oh sooooo soul destroying!

If you seriously think someone that owns a few shares can make decisions on operations, you sir are the fool.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have watched bigfooty Carlton from afar for many years and contributed a little more in recent years and it certainly doesn't feel like a group of random nobodies but so much more.

Happy for JSOS to be rewarded with another 2 years. His versatility and effort is the benchmark for our list.

I reckon he'll be the last contract to be announced before our HC is. So I'm calling tomorrow out as the day we get the official word.

Unless Ross comes in at the 11th hour, let's get Voss up here and get the ball rolling

I have watched bigfooty Carlton from afar for many years and contributed a little more in recent years and it certainly doesn't feel like a group of random nobodies but so much more.

Only the best in this forum.
giphy.gif

So I'm calling tomorrow out as the day we get the official word.

Na, the media team need more time to take some pretty promo shots like the Pies have done.

1. Leppa has definitely stolen some of Dew's pies
2. Geezus Bolts is tiny
3. Pretty sure Pies are paying enough that McRae no longer needs BigW jeans.

1632200566198.png

Was happy how Kennedy played at times last season, but i would like to think that Dow could go to another level and then throw in Hewett and possibly Cerra and Kennedy would just be depth.

Kennedy is only 24 and has had a pretty fractured career to date due to injuries and dips in form. I'm still pretty optimistic about his upside.

Na, the media team need more time to take some pretty promo shots like the Pies have done.

1. Leppa has definitely stolen some of Dew's pies
2. Geezus Bolts is tiny
3. Pretty sure Pies are paying enough that McRae no longer needs BigW jeans.

View attachment 1242063
Yes should of stood bolts 10 metres in front of the other 2 or at least got him a box

If we keep LOB and SPS, and bring in Hewett and Cerra, not sure there's much point hanging onto Kennedy. Likely be seeking overseas due to his UFA status. He can go anywhere for nothing.
You need good quality depth to aid development in the 2s, provide pressure on those in the 22 and be able to step up and perform when injuries strike. Kennedy is perfect for the role - solid body, proven seasoned performer (when fit), cheap and young enough with the ceiling to take the next step. He was impressive in the second half of the season and moving freely for the first time in years. He was strong in the contest, covering plenty of ground and getting involved in link play and taking strong grabs and is one of our better kicks at goal. His physical style of play is also critical for finals footy. I'd be prioritising Kennedy over most of those still unsigned - Newnes, Cottrell and Gibbons leave before MK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back