Bomber suing Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I feel for him. Definitely was told he had the job after Little had called AFL house to let them know that Hird was sacked. As Little didn't pull the trigger quick enough to stop the email and phone onslaught they couldn't sack Hird, not to mention a few players threatening to walk if Hird didn't get the gig.

However, the club did try hard to find him a role but stopped short of what they should have done. Given Craig the arse and Thompson the development role.

Albert gets blank cheques, the weapon gets $2m and they won't pay bombers $30k fine. I'd be putting my hand as well.

Pretty sure they can't pay the fines.

I feel for him. Definitely was told he had the job after Little had called AFL house to let them know that Hird was sacked. As Little didn't pull the trigger quick enough to stop the email and phone onslaught they couldn't sack Hird, not to mention a few players threatening to walk if Hird didn't get the gig.

However, the club did try hard to find him a role but stopped short of what they should have done. Given Craig the arse and Thompson the development role.

Pretty sure they can't pay the fines.
Sure they're under a pressure that most clubs have not had to go through but what a bloody debacle!

Don't know why people are surprised.

It's business at the end of the day, and nobody knows what game Essendon are playing. Perhaps they thought keeping Hird would keep the cult together, seemed to have worked if that was the case.

Bit silly that Bomber didn't pay the fine, shows he has no respect for the AFL.

The whole integrity of the game just doesn't exist anymore. RIP

While I believe the players are the real victims here, Bomber to me would come a close second.

1) Actively wanted the doping program stopped, my understand is that to his knowledge it had.
2) Only person so far to suffer a financial penalty (no holiday in France and pay upfront)
3) Took on the Senior coaching role at EFC when most of us could only see downside for him
4) He did amazingly well with the team with the constant pressure than they were under.
5) From the B&F speech, someone told him Hird was gone and he had the Job.
6) When it was apparent that this was not going to happen people at EFC leaked against him potentially costing him the Gold Coast job.

I'd be happy for the Blues to sign long term contract to Bomber after MM's tenure is over. He is a bloody great coach.

He was definitely told one thing and another thing happened. The 'golden boy' has everyone at Essendon by the short and curlies and there was never a position for Thompson to consider. Once Jimbob returned Thompson was done for, some people at Essendon thought otherwise and informed Thompson of that and he was misled. It's a common trait at Essendon.

While I believe the players are the real victims here, Bomber to me would come a close second.

1) Actively wanted the doping program stopped, my understand is that to his knowledge it had.
2) Only person so far to suffer a financial penalty (no holiday in France and pay upfront) $30,000?
3) Took on the Senior coaching role at EFC when most of us could only see downside for him
4) He did amazingly well with the team with the constant pressure than they were under.
5) From the B&F speech, someone told him Hird was gone and he had the Job.
6) When it was apparent that this was not going to happen people at EFC leaked against him potentially costing him the Gold Coast job.

I'd be happy for the Blues to sign long term contract to Bomber after MM's tenure is over. He is a bloody great coach.

1) Actively wanted the doping program stopped, my understand is that to his knowledge it had. Yet he had to ask five times for it to stop. How active was he? If you have to tell them five times, you either don't care that much or are incompetent due to your lack of observation. Surely after the second time you had to say it, it would become an absolute imperative?

2) Only person so far to suffer a financial penalty (no holiday in France and pay upfront) But he wasn't suspended was he, and he hasn't paid the fine? Then got the cushy head coach job for the next year that would have seen a bonus in his pay packet surely? IMO he got off very lightly. I fully expect to see him receive an SCN along with Hird and Reid if players are suspended.

He was happy enough to knife Hird in the back at the B&F after he'd been told he'd get the gig when they sacked Hird the next day.

I wouldn't him coaching my club.

1) Actively wanted the doping program stopped, my understand is that to his knowledge it had. Yet he had to ask five times for it to stop. How active was he? If you have to tell them five times, you either don't care that much or are incompetent due to your lack of observation. Surely after the second time you had to say it, it would become an absolute imperative?

Perhaps he assumed that people wouldn't go behind his back? Evidence about his role has been very limited at this stage. If he does end up in front of the Tribunal I will make my mind up then. He certainly didn't "pyshcologically encourage" the program to the extent of the "united nations" requesting Hird.

2) Only person so far to suffer a financial penalty (no holiday in France and pay upfront) But he wasn't suspended was he, and he hasn't paid the fine? Then got the cushy head coach job for the next year that would have seen a bonus in his pay packet surely? IMO he got off very lightly. I fully expect to see him receive an SCN along with Hird and Reid if players are suspended.

True

He was happy enough to knife Hird in the back at the B&F after he'd been told he'd get the gig when they sacked Hird the next day.

My understanding was that he never said anything negative about Hird at the B&F? How can you stab someone in the back who is already sacked (well thats what he was told)?

I wouldn't him coaching my club.

Phil Walsh vs Bomber? ( I have replied in the quote).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phil Walsh vs Bomber? ( I have replied in the quote).

Just about the B&F speech. Its pretty poor form commenting on a position that someone else has at that stage in time. It also probably put undue pressure on the club who were hoping to get Hird to go quietly before the person they were aiming to replace him with started singing and dancing about his new position at a club function.

He was told he was senior coach in 2015.

Yes been meaning to respond to your other posts and say I pretty much got confirmation. He was told he was out just before the B&F and then Hird's lawyers stepped in and made some pretty big threats against the board and they backed down.

Yes been meaning to respond to your other posts and say I pretty much got confirmation. He was told he was out just before the B&F and then Hird's lawyers stepped in and made some pretty big threats against the board and they backed down.

He was told Hird was out and he had the job if he wanted it. Which he did.

Then he gets attacked for making a run at "Hirds" job. Unbelievable.

Not a great article.

Legal representatives negotiating with previous employer =/= suing someone. I'd infer he just wants EFC to pony the 30k and he'll ride off into the sunset.

The use of "sacked" in the article seems like a stretch given it seems like a case a new contract / new position not being offered.

On "potentially dangerous and allegedly illegal" - although perhaps accurate in a strictly technical sense, I tend to take 'illegal' as being a breach of the criminal code, not a contravention of admin law.

brinkmanship, also known as brinksmanship, aka greenmail

figbooty may be aware of a colloquial idiom chicken http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_(game)

Didn't have time to move to another club? He was in talks with the Gold Coast, they didn't want him. Not like he could work anywhere else in the AFL anyway, after defiantly refusing to pay his fine... oh except now he's changed his mind (surprise) and is going to pay it after all; just not out of his own pocket.

I highly doubt he's considering suing us. Pay the 30k fine out of the club's purse if it makes him feel better about himself, let's move on.
Im surprised Bomnber doesnt seem to get the love or leeway of Hird, both are club greats, although I guess he is a Geelong supporter(or so he said on 360) so I guess that is fair enough

Terry Tan Wallace and Paul Roos farkup in Sydney payout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back