Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ked-from-hearing/story-fni5f6kv-1227161015927

ESSENDON has been blocked from sitting in on the anti-doping hearings that will decide the fate of its players.

The club’s lawyer made an application to the court on Thursday for him to be present and represent the Bombers in the proceedings.

ASADA v ESSENDON: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

“On considering the various submissions and having regard to the ruling of December 8 that the hearing be private, the application on behalf of the Essendon Football Club to be represented at the proceedings was denied,” the AFL said in a statement.

Essendon itself is not a party to the case.

I guess if the media is banned they are being consistent

I know this in the big hanging by thread thread but I think it needs seperate one, up to you mods

Last edited:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ked-from-hearing/story-fni5f6kv-1227161015927

ESSENDON has been blocked from sitting in on the anti-doping hearings that will decide the fate of its players.

The club’s lawyer made an application to the court on Thursday for him to be present and represent the Bombers in the proceedings.

ASADA v ESSENDON: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

“On considering the various submissions and having regard to the ruling of December 8 that the hearing be private, the application on behalf of the Essendon Football Club to be represented at the proceedings was denied,” the AFL said in a statement.

Essendon itself is not a party to the case.

I guess if the media is banned they are being consistent

I know this in the big hanging by thread thread but I think it needs seperate one, up to you mods
Their lawyers are representing the players FFS. Why do they need more in there? Is one of the team worried he might not make the payments on the Portsea shack over Christmas?

Their lawyers are representing the players FFS. Why do they need more in there? Is one of the team worried he might not make the payments on the Portsea shack over Christmas?

I thought the AFLPA were providing the lawyers representing the players and Essendon were footing the bill?

Pretty funny though. How are Little's comments that out lawyers are smacking them down looking :D

AFLPA is representing the players. It was expected Essendon to fail to be in it, the case is not about the club, it's about the players.

Not sure if this should be a thread, not much to discuss

Wrong as usual

What are the thoughts of the honesty of your club In light of these comments;

"Our legal teams are there obviously and the process is being screened to the players as they obviously need to be aware of it."

"Our legal team is attending, we are not allowed to attend. We tried to attend and were not allowed," Little said.

"Our legal team is working tirelessly to undermine, disprove the circumstantial evidence. As ASADA puts it up, we check it out."

WTF? Essendon's legal team is not even there. And they are all direct quotes from your chairman :eek: When are Essendon fans going to stop believing the tripe coming out of windy hill? :confused:

"Our legal teams are there obviously and the process is being screened to the players as they obviously need to be aware of it."

"Our legal team is attending, we are not allowed to attend. We tried to attend and were not allowed," Little said.

"Our legal team is working tirelessly to undermine, disprove the circumstantial evidence. As ASADA puts it up, we check it out."

WTF? Essendon's legal team is not even there. And they are all direct quotes from your chairman :eek: When are Essendon fans going to stop believing the tripe coming out of windy hill? :confused:
I think you have more chance of coaching hawthorn than the bolded ever happening.

OK, most of it's wrong, but he says it's circumstantial, so they'll cling to that like barnacles on the hull of a sinking ship.

It is hilarious, "As ASADA puts it up, we check it out" :eek: WTF does that even mean :confused:
You not very bright?
ASADA have not handed over all their evidence, so as ASADA put forward an argument in the hearing the lawyers check out its veracity and prepare a rebuttal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not very bright :D Essendon's lawyers are not even in the room - how the ^&%$ are they doing rebuttals? :confused:
They have a legal team in there alongside the AFLPA legal team, not representing the club but the players.
Big Sim - looks like I was wrong - apologies.

They have a legal team in there alongside the AFLPA legal team, not representing the club but the players.
Big Sim - looks like I was wrong - apologies.

No, they don't, EFC has no lawyers in there. That's the point of the thread/article.

Although with 20 players on the list (who are parties to the hearing), EFC must be capable of getting some visibility somewhere along the line.

There has to be a trust factor along the line somewhere, clearly based on their own and others behaviour, this is not a possibility.

The appropriate people are dealing with it, walk away gypsys

There has to be a trust factor along the line somewhere, clearly based on their own and others behaviour, this is not a possibility.

The appropriate people are dealing with it, walk away gypsys

I'm not saying they will or they won't, but clearly, it would not be too hard for a player, any player, to be sitting there watching with someone else sitting alongside them.

Surely out of 20 players, it has happened on at least one occasion?

Mind you, you'd want to be keen to sit through that gumff for two or three days, watching on a screen, and the cover of FIFA or Call of Duty sitting on the floor....beckoning.

No, they don't, EFC has no lawyers in there. That's the point of the thread/article.

No. I think you are wrong there.

How do you explain Little's comments then? And this?
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...i-doping-hearing/story-fni5f6kv-1227155808032
WHO ELSE WILL BE THERE

Lawyers. A whole, expensive, bunch of them. Lawyers for ASADA will prosecute; lawyers for the players (two sets of them) will defend while lawyers for the AFL will, well, be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back