Booing players.

Remove this Banner Ad

No - inaction as a response to aggressively vindictive behaviour is NEVER, EVER,EVER the best action.

I tried it in my youth a number of times and without exception it ALWAYS got worse.

If you want a vivid example I will give you 2 names.

Neville Chamberlain.

Adolf Hitler.

You can never back down to bullies because they will destroy you if they get the chance.
It does always come back to Hitler, particularly when we're talking about some folk booing at the footy...

Ignore it and it will go away. When will people learn that they are feeding it by focusing on it? And who cares? Imagine booing be called a concern back in the 70's. Fans would be waiting for the punchline.

Ok it's got to the stupid stage.

JHF getting continually booed and it's the media that's driving it and one particular knuckle dragger is - as usual - the instigator and ring leader.

If he can't be got by fair means it's time to use other methods.

Every club comes out publicly in support of any player getting organized booing.

The AFL finally gets off it's collective RRRRR's and closes down his access and his media employer access.

Time to stop this infantile behaviour.
Our players are placed under the highest scrutiny, I have no sympathy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only Chamberlain had have taken a hard line on his booing and not allowed the media to incite his booing, he would have stopped immediately.
If only people refused to be cowed by public opinion and bullies the world would be an immensely better place.

You do know that both bullies and public opinion are at work here????

1). Nonsensical. He was selected by the Paupers. His only involvement in the process was that he had a brilliant 2/3 years in development footy to get drafted at No.1.

2). Absolutely not. His only motivation was to play footy. When he was given Tarryn Thomas as his mentor is when the Paupers created this ClusterF$&@k of a situation. Image the guy who has charges against him and is banned from the club. Is now your mentor who you need to follow and learn from. Yeah right. So with all the other crap that followed. He chose to leave. And not when he was drafted. They forced the kid out with all the crap that was being leaked behind the scenes. I don’t blame him for leaving either. Not that sh1t hole. His career is his own. As a top end talent. You don’t want that destroyed by a basket case of a club.

3). Unlike yourself I actually kept an eye on him. And he was brilliant for them in the first few months of his preseason. The kid was flying and one of their best in all their Intra club games and practice matches. He was just as impactful as Nick. But there was this one thing that was happening. And it was happening to Nick also. The old firm weren’t willing to relinquish their status as top dogs. Now at the Pies Nick has a family name as well as his brother. But Nick also has a coach that knows who he is and knows what he has got. The Puapers on the other hand are a tail wagging the dog type of footy club. So when JHF demanded more from them all. They took umbrage to it. And that’s when all the problems started. The rest couldn’t accept that a kid knew better.

4). Your eyes must be painted on if you think that he had no business questioning what was going on. I suggest you watch his games and see exactly what was happening. And not trust the msm and their biased take on things. This kid was playing the same way as he is now earlier on. Yet the halfwits at the Paupers would bypass him and not honor his run and call for the ball. Well how often do you think you should do this before you see that there is no possible way of success here. Now if this was isolated at the Paupers I’d say the kid should pull his head in. But it’s not. They have a serious problem there and that’s why they’ve gone through so many coaches in the past 5/6 years. The treatment that Rhyce Shaw copped was diabolical from the playing group. Especially how he was lulled by them to take on the caretakers role only to be chased out of Dodge after his first full season. And you think a first year kid was to blame for the Sh1tshow that is the Paupers. Really.

5). The conditioning staff, the coaching department, the football department take your pick. Where ever the stories were coming from they were never going to help the retention of JHF. And why would you stay. Especially if all of the things they may have been happening were being leaked. And dropping the kid didn’t have a detrimental effect on him. He would go back to the VFL and dominate. You can check his stats there. But you need to ask yourself one thing. The Paupers were very unhappy with JHF for whatever reasons. Yet they tolerated Stephenson for the most part. Anyone remember that game where he Stephenson totally ballsed up a kick in and then sunk his head and turned his back on the oncoming player who kicked the goal. It was horrendous. And I think Stephenson had a similar brain fart or lacked any intensity to chase that day. To the point he’d given up. Yet the filling week he still played. Nothing was said about him. Nor was he dropped for his poor performance. Yet JHF was being held to a standard far greater than anything expected of someone on $500K a year.

6). The kid isn’t a flog. Just because he wants more than a club like the Paupers can offer. He isn’t responsible for making them better. They need to provide an environment that allowed him to become better. And they failed. So why is he obligated to stay. Especially when he is as talented as he is. Just like Henry, we ballsed that up. And I don’t blame the kid for wanting a better outcome for himself. Ask yourself now, who the Pupers have on their list who is better than JHF currently. Possible 3/4 players. And that’s including Sheezel of course.

I really don’t care if you boo. I’m not too fussed whether people want to do it. Just have a full understanding of what’s actually happened and not what you’ve heard from media hacks trying to creat a story. To an agenda driven by the scorned pathetic excuse of a club. That’s the Paupers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn’t one point in this comment that is correct.

You use analogies, conspiracy theories, and a fear and dislike of the Media and Organistiions to draw opinions that you want to claim as facts.

And who the F$%k do you think you are, telling me what i know, what i watch and whether i have a disability?

I'm sorry you wasted your time on you fictional writings, but if you believe that the CFC was to blame for baby Olly leaving.. "Just like Henry, we ballsed that up. And I don’t blame the kid for wanting a better outcome for himself". Then that says everything i need to know about your paranoia and views about where fault lies in every situation.

The kid has got great footy skills, but he is a flog. He is learning not to be one, but saying he was the best coach after half a dozen games, and was justified in telling the whole club he knew better than them says it all imo.

Good bye. Think what you want, but don't claim you know it all...

:thumbsu:

Last edited:
There isn’t one point in this comment that is correct.

You use analogies, conspiracy theories, and a fear and dislike of the Media and Organistiions to draw opinions that you want to claim as facts.

And who the F$%k do you think you are, telling me what i know, what i watch and whether i have a disability?

I'm sorry you wasted your time on you fictional writings, but if you believe that the CFC was to blame for baby Olly leaving.. "Just like Henry, we ballsed that up. And I don’t blame the kid for wanting a better outcome for himself". Then that says everything i need to know about your paranoia and views about where fault lies in every situation.

The kid has got great footy skills, but he is a flog. He is learning not to be one, but saying he was the best coach after half a dozen games, and was justified in telling the whole club he knew better than them says it all imo.

Good bye. Think what you want, but don't claim you know it all...

:thumbsu:

Yeah you know two fifths of F$&@k All. Best take a Bex and warm milk and lie down.

Enjoy the game against Adelaide. Don’t get yourself too excited.

Is JHF Poland? I can't wait to see who becomes France - maybe Rachelle - we could start it tomorrow. Good luck trying to boo Oleg Markov.
Good luck trying to boo Nathan Krueger. It'd just sound like you were joining in on the Kruuu chant.

Toby got booed yesterday receiving his best on ground match winning performance medal against the Swine.

Weren’t they the club that had that sook who claimed the booing was about his race.

I suppose this booing was about race also. The race to the top of the ladder and a premiership.

You have to take away the power of the clowns booing. Atm they think they are getting to him because of the commentary.

Say you like the boos and they lose their power
I would love to see a player really lean into being hated. Much like a heel in professional wrestling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back