Retired Brad Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Article: Brad Green admits pain at loss but says he's moving on

I never felt that the captaincy was a big burden on my game. I just didn't play well.

I think the way the whole place ran last year was all-encompassing as one and everything needed to be changed, and I've got no doubt Neeldy thought everything needed to change as well

No doubt I would have been a little shocked at what came, but I'm the type of person that gets over things real quickly and we move on.

The character that I think I have is to get out to support these guys and help these guys and play my role on game day.

That's me. I'm not the one to mope around and sook with my head down and think, 'Poor bugger, me'. It's only going to affect my football if I sit down there and be in the doldrums all the time. I want to get out there and perform for these boys and help them win games of footy and get back to playing finals footy.

No Giant in Green

SHORTLY after helping Melbourne to a 25-point win over Greater Western Sydney in round 21, Brad Green was quick to distance himself from speculation linking him with the AFL's newest club for next season.

Green announced his retirement earlier this month, but it was quickly followed by reports the Giants could target the veteran as a possible recruit for 2013.

GWS list manager Steve Silvagni then did little to quash the speculation by stating the Giants would consider adding Green to their list for next season if he was interested in extending his career.

But Green played a straight bat when asked if he could see himself donning GWS' orange and charcoal next year.

"No, I'm retired," he said. "We'll leave that alone."

When asked if he was surprised about the quick suggestion he may play on with the Giants, Green replied: "Yeah, I announced my retirement and then they were saying that I’m going (to GWS).

"It's news to me."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back