Brenton Sanderson sacked , Who will be the new Adelaide coach ?

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest I do not agree with Adelaide's decision here. I would have given Sanderson another 2 years to see what he could do. I never once thought he was a bad coach and the likelyhood of Goodwin being better is low. They invested so much time into Sanderson it is odd that they sacked him as soon as he really started to settle into the role.

I would assume anyone serious about being a senior coach would. I know Tudor didn't apply for the Melbourne job, was just asked to interview for the Essendon position and he did that, so not sure what he is after career-wise long-term.

If you wanted to be a senior coach you would take almost any senior job you would think.

Some clubs are a poison chalice, like Melbourne.

Time after time it's the same teams having to deal with injury troubles, Adelaide and Brisbane, you can't use the excuse: "if it wasn't for injuries, etc. etc.". Fremantle had injury problems that ruined the season in most years, until Lyon came along. I think it's clear what needs to change at the Crows:

"In my time in rugby, in my time at the AIS, that is a controllable – you can't always control injuries, you can't control the decisions of officials but what you can control is putting the right people in the right seats.

"From that success will come."

Above quote is coming from new Crows CEO Andrew Fagan.

What he's basically saying is that if the current group of coaches/assistants can't control injuries (amongst other priorities), then as the CEO he has to get in the right personnel and senior coach who can. Because clearly, preventing injuries should be their number one priority leading into next season!

Malthouse had the Pies coaching job taken off him, then went to Carlton
Being sacked is a bit different to voluntarily leaving the club after an agreed time and taking a head coaching position elsewhere.
Terry Wallace.
Wallace resigned; he claims there was a verbal agreement for him to have the Sydney job and as far as I'm aware this hasn't been debunked by anyone at the Swans.

ANYWAY MY POINT IS IF YOU GET THE ARSE FROM YOUR JOB AS SENIOR COACH NO ONE WANTS YOU ANYMORE. IT HASN'T HAPPENED FOR YYYEEEAAARRRSSSSS.

Didn't Frawley say something like if Roos commits so will he??
NO HE DID NOT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph appalled this couldn't wait until Monday.

His furrowed brow will be more prominent than usual, coupled with his weird eye that makes it look like he is looking at something in the distance rather than the camera.

Being sacked is a bit different to voluntarily leaving the club after an agreed time and taking a head coaching position elsewhere.
Wallace resigned; he claims there was a verbal agreement for him to have the Sydney job and as far as I'm aware this hasn't been debunked by anyone at the Swans.

ANYWAY MY POINT IS IF YOU GET THE ARSE FROM YOUR JOB AS SENIOR COACH NO ONE WANTS YOU ANYMORE. IT HASN'T HAPPENED FOR YYYEEEAAARRRSSSSS.

NO HE DID NOT.

I was thinking the other day how many sacked coaches get another gig. Can't really think of any.

Oh, and no need to crack about the Frawley comment, I thought he said something to that effect

NO HE DID NOT.
Actually he did, but it was a joke.

Would love to have him back at the Cattery
Agree. His best mate is Bucks though. Reckon had he not got the top job at the Crows he would have gone to the Maggies as Bucks senior assistant.

Sando is contracted for the next two years so you'd assume he'll get paid out.

Wouldn't be surprised if he takes the break as he's been in footy as a player and coach continually for a long time now.

Only because he pretty much copies many things that Hinkley says, i.e. you get what you deserve

We don't really give him stick for his coaching though. Probably the first coach this season to stop Port's gameplan.
Ah, Sando starting coaching a year before Kern, and they both came from Geelong. Do I need to join the dots for you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back