Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

And then HumanMeatball s nuts will turn a lovely mix of black and teal.
Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

It’s a good looking jumper. You’re never getting the one you want so might as well embrace the elite teal
i actually agree with you. I would give it the iconic white number panel with black numbers though. Silver bars on black, would probably be even better. As long as we get to wear the traditional strip a couple times a year in showdowns, i'd be all for it.

But I think the board is probably just fed up with this same proposal coming up every few weeks from an oppo fan like it's the first time it's ever crossed anyone's mind. I'm not saying it is the case this time, as i have no idea if you are being genuine or not but it can come across as trolling when the same thing gets repeated over and over. But i don't really understanding why we aren't embracing this as a genuine option, it's really how we should've entered the comp in the first place.

Lookie here.

We should not be wearing the PBs ONCE a year thats a JOKE anytime we choose in SA or interstate except against Collingwood we wear an alternative.

"Port would retain its club name, jumper and colours, but a separate strip would be developed for those matches it played against Melbourne club Collingwood, which also wears black and white and also is known as the Magpies.

Mr Weber said Port would develop a new club emblem and would not use the Magpie in the AFL competition."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I respectfully disagree.
All I see is us slowly watching the people that care about the bars die off while the filibustering continues.

If you go to games, you'll see plenty of people wearing the bars who weren't alive in 1996. They didn't need to be there to know what the guernsey means to this club.

People embrace the history and heritage of their football clubs. It's a huge part of being a supporter. It's because of this that the bars will live on when we're all dead.

I respectfully disagree.
All I see is us slowly watching the people that care about the bars die off while the filibustering continues.
There are thousands at every game, with the numbers growing as it becomes available to buy,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back