Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a question, if the white was replaced with teal on the bars, can Collingwood stop you wearing it?

No, the AFL can though, and they'll do basically whatever Collingwood want.

We wouldn't change the colours though, because the black and white is a huge part of what makes the prison bars special to us. If it's black and teal, it's not our guernsey anymore, it's at best a fauxback. Changing the bars to teal would be yet another compromise in a saga where only we've ever had to compromise. There is no good reason we shouldn't just be allowed to wear the bars as we please.

i'd have Teal or Silver bars on a Black guernsey as our home jumper in a heart beat, if there was deal set in concrete that we could wear the traditional black and white version every showdown and Anzac Round.

The bars and white number panel is an iconic style of guernsey and i believe we can still pay homage to our heritage by changing the bars to Silver or Teal, especially with the white number panel i think it would be great.

I know we go over this time and time again, but i feel like the above could be a good long term solution. And i reckon we really should've entered the comp with that sort of guernsey.

No, the AFL can though, and they'll do basically whatever Collingwood want.

We wouldn't change the colours though, because the black and white is a huge part of what makes the prison bars special to us. If it's black and teal, it's not our guernsey anymore, it's at best a fauxback. Changing the bars to teal would be yet another compromise in a saga where only we've ever had to compromise. There is no good reason we shouldn't just be allowed to wear the bars as we please.
Why on earth would Collingwood have an issue with Teal Bars, or should it have anything to do with them?

Given the club was denied the chance to honour the 1914 Invincibles by wearing the jumper in 2014 (the EF jumper was different), I would hope they plan to use that specific design this year to mark 110 years. Five thin stripes on the front, no back panel, black trimmings, white long sleeves should someone choose to wear sleeves, and stripes on the back. Would be particularly fitting I think.
1710935240562.png

i'd have Teal or Silver bars on a Black guernsey as our home jumper in a heart beat, if there was deal set in concrete that we could wear the traditional black and white version every showdown and Anzac Round.

The bars and white number panel is an iconic style of guernsey and i believe we can still pay homage to our heritage by changing the bars to Silver or Teal, especially with the white number panel i think it would be great.

I know we go over this time and time again, but i feel like the above could be a good long term solution. And i reckon we really should've entered the comp with that sort of guernsey.

I'd have absolutely nothing against colour variations if we were allowed to wear the bars in black and white when we pleased. Until then, we're fighting for a specific guernsey.

Just a question, if the white was replaced with teal on the bars, can Collingwood stop you wearing it?

Nope, but as others have already pointed out, this is beyond the point. The only satisfactory outcome for us is to wear the B&W PB’s.

It’s that or nothing (and nothing is not an option either). There’s no room for alternatives. It’s a matter of justice, really.

We may eventually use different versions of the design (it’s a great design after all). We cannot do it now, though. That would harm our chances to wear the B&W PB’s.

Hence, we can only start thinking about it after securing the right to wear the B&W PB’s as we see fit. Until then, it’s not up to discussion.

Is it now clear to you why this is so? If not, I may be able to explain it better to you.

Lol.

“Hey guys how about you don’t wear the thing you want to wear and wear something else instead. Problem solved!”

Every few weeks like clockwork.

Many among us have been there before. I have. I don’t blame outsiders for falling into this trap. The design is good and would look great with different colours.

But we aren’t fighting for the design. This is part of the “One Club Initiative” and the quest for a full restoration of P.A.F.C.’s identity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth would Collingwood have an issue with Teal Bars, or should it have anything to do with them?

Because they are Collingwood. They have an issue with themselves.

Is there any point to this thread anymore?
Have we gotten the right to wear the PB’s as we see fit?

If not, then yes.

I'd have absolutely nothing against colour variations if we were allowed to wear the bars in black and white when we pleased. Until then, we're fighting for a specific guernsey.
Are we though? Seems like even the fans on this thread have given up on it.

And do we actually have an agreement now to wear it in home showdowns?

I am not a fan I am a ******* member. Have been for decades.

And who would know if we have a proper agreement. The AFL beholden board treat us "members" like mushrooms.

It seems as long as you fill the agreed number of buses for Collingwood home games each year they might allow you to keep wearing it.
Screenshot_20240403-204947_Chrome.jpg

The most obvious course of action is wearing this jumper as the main home jumper. It’s a great looking jumper and you can wear the original bars on special occasions. Everybody wins
View attachment 1948805
YOU GET: Punched in the nuts
I GET: To punch you in the nuts
Everybody wins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back