Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a Port fan, but I've never truly understood why Port's mascot/nickname had to change when they joined the AFL.

The clash with Collingwood would only occur when playing them, and this is easily resolved with a third/clash kit.

Not a Port fan, but I've never truly understood why Port's mascot/nickname had to change when they joined the AFL.

The clash with Collingwood would only occur when playing them, and this is easily resolved with a third/clash kit.
Werribee/Richmond comparable in the VFL

Didn't have to change.

Premier league teams and many "professional" leagues in the world have teams with similar Guernsey's ECT...

Collingwood insecurity.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't have to change.

Premier league teams and many "professional" leagues in the world have teams with similar Guernsey's ECT...

Always felt it was a missed opportunity too. Port v Collingwood could have been called the 'Magpie Derby' and act as a mini state of origin.

Could PAFC legitamtely try to reclaim the Magpie and rebrand themselves in the AFL if they had the backing and support from the fans?

What would be an ideal compromise to appease the AFL and Collingwood - make the clash kit all Teal?

Would fans actually want this? Play in PBs permanently and be called Port Adelaide Magpies.

Always felt it was a missed opportunity too. Port v Collingwood could have been called the 'Magpie Derby' and act as a mini state of origin.

Could PAFC legitamtely try to reclaim the Magpie and rebrand themselves in the AFL if they had the backing and support from the fans?

What would be an ideal compromise to appease the AFL and Collingwood - make the clash kit all Teal?

Would fans actually want this? Play in PBs permanently and be called Port Adelaide Magpies.
From my point if view, I don't give a stuff about nicknames. But the PB's is a different story. Best guernsey in the land that can never be displayed in the AFL because of pitiful reasoning.

Nothing good will happen while we have koch and Eddie McGuire's mate on the board.

I've lost my passion for this issue. The club in its current guise is just a generic franchise. They pay nothing more than lip service to the club's history and traditions and increasingly barely even do that. Each year they actively diminish the club's reputation and the pride supporters have in their club and in doing so foster a new culture of mediocrity and low expectations that will be there long after they're gone. Our club as we knew it is finished.

I've lost my passion for this issue. The club in its current guise is just a generic franchise. They pay nothing more than lip service to the club's history and traditions and increasingly barely even do that. Each year they actively diminish the club's reputation and the pride supporters have in their club and in doing so foster a new culture of mediocrity and low expectations that will be there long after they're gone. Our club as we knew it is finished.

I'm in the same boat.

They actively quelled a supporter led movement that had momentum, energy, and a * tonne of goodwill behind it, just so they could control the narrative and kowtow to the AFL.

The idiots responsible for that move deserve every failure that's coming.
Their lack of vision is mind blowing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in the same boat.

They actively quelled a supporter led movement that had momentum, energy, and a * tonne of goodwill behind it, just so they could control the narrative and kowtow to the AFL.

The idiots responsible for that move deserve every failure that's coming.
Their lack of vision is mind blowing.

Yep.

It's clear that, like with everything these losers do, it's all about not rocking the boat at AFL house, working their hardest to set the bare minimum as low as possible, not even achieving that bare minimum and then claiming victory and shitting on the supporters who complain.

The writing on the wall was the pigeonholing it to Showdowns, you never do that in negotiations you don't limit something that drastically. They've made it incredibly hard for future leaders of the club to have any cards to play.

I guess the other angle would be Koch did it deliberately to diminish the chances to wear it and managed to swing the mouthbreathers along cos' Showdowns herp derp.

We'll never be Port Adelaide until we get the club back in the hands of the members. I see us as basically being in a holding pattern until 2028 when the Crows get control of their board. That's when we'll have a point to argue and that's when it'll be hard for Koch to argue against, provided we get the right level of support from past players. That's the next big battleground and given we can't rely on anyone else to do it for us, it's probably important that we hit that pretty hard as supporters.

We need to get him to became a major sponsor so he can give the lemonade and (Big) Sars to kok and co.

No doubt there are people on this newsgroup that are related to, or went to school with Cam Ballard - unless he's a known Tingles supporter, can they recommend him not as just a sponsor, but as a replacement for Koch?

I think this highlights how nice a silver bars on black guernsey would look.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
My issue is always:

The club's idea of silver is battleship grey. :eek:

Raiders NFL gear (at least some of it) is what I'd love to see more of. When i think of the colour silver, I think of silverware items ie. cups, plaques, cutlery, sinks and drainers, etc.

Under lights it would look fantastic. Has way more "pop" for want of a better expression, than plain white.

I have zero problem with teal blue. Looks terrific. But not as a primary colour. OK for trims, piping, outlining, etc. In other words, as a secondary, complementary colour.

We should be having more true silver in our merchandising, branding, uniforms, etc. Start with just a bit, then progressively increase it over time to a more substantial quantity, as fans get accustomed to it.:cool:

Yep.

It's clear that, like with everything these losers do, it's all about not rocking the boat at AFL house, working their hardest to set the bare minimum as low as possible, not even achieving that bare minimum and then claiming victory and shitting on the supporters who complain.
An organised, grassroots, supporter led movement is the best chance of:
  • Removing the Board
  • Bringing back the Bars
  • Getting member control back if not completely then at least to a 50:50 split.

The AFL, if nothing else, wants the perception people love the League. Port fans' genuine concerns about how the club is treated should be seen as a proxy most other clubs outside the Big 4/5 ("If they can do it to us, they can do it to you" etc). They won't, but they should.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back