Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

An organised, grassroots, supporter led movement is the best chance of:
  • Removing the Board
  • Bringing back the Bars
  • Getting member control back if not completely then at least to a 50:50 split.

The AFL, if nothing else, wants the perception people love the League. Port fans' genuine concerns about how the club is treated should be seen as a proxy most other clubs outside the Big 4/5 ("If they can do it to us, they can do it to you" etc). They won't, but they should.
I’ve been looking at starting something like this, because I don’t think there’s any way the club can spin members not being able to elect almost all of the board as a good thing. Nor could they spin Cos Cardone being on the board unopposed for over a decade. It’s just a shame hardly any of our members are really aware of how abnormal this is. I think the crucial thing though is to make sure the angle we come from is not one of “we need Koch and Hinkley and all these other individuals gone”, but more one of “we would like to keep out board accountable to prevent mediocrity from ever being acceptable”

Has a deal been struck about the home showdowns every year? Richardson said we wear it annually in the AFL.
Before the Rd 2 game v Collingwood at MCG, Jeff Browne and Craig Kelly gave their approval. We then proceed to get smashed by Collingwood and capitulated against the crows wearing them and Tredrea come out and said enough is enough.

Whilst the words every year weren't used, the Pies new Prez and ceo basically said we acknowledge Port's history and basically have said its ok against the crows. That's a long way from McGuire's no way, on several occasions. McGuire then spat the dummy about it because he knew it would be every year.

Why Collingwood finally agreed to let Port Adelaide use its heritage 'prison bar' guernsey

Collingwood's shift in attitude marks a thawing of relations under McGuire's successor Jeff Browne.

"While we own the stripes in the AFL competition, we acknowledge the history and origins of the Port Adelaide Football Club and their contribution to South Australian football over a long period of time," Browne said in a statement.

"As president of the club board and following ongoing discussions with Port Adelaide president David Koch, it is our view that we acknowledge the history of Port Adelaide prior to their entry into the AFL and support them to wear their 'prison bar' guernsey in their upcoming home showdown against the Crows in round three."

When McGuire heard this and cracked the shits he said

"I think the toothpaste is out of the tube and they’ll be wearing it at their home games going forward, both their Showdown game and probably they’ll come up with another one.

Last edited:

"the toothpaste is out of the tube"
We can only hope.
I don't have enough faith with the current bozos in charge of our club to ensure this gets done.
Hopefully we eventually jettison the Crows as team to wear the PB's against as we have no SANFL history going back 60+ years against them.
Koch painted himself into a corner with that brilliant idea 🙄

"I think the toothpaste is out of the tube and they’ll be wearing it at their home games going forward, both their Showdown game and probably they’ll come up with another one.
"because in Adelaide, the press are sycophants over there" says guy who has sycophants clambering over each other to get up his black and white arse :drunk:

DtZt8gPXQAAcAPX

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That should have been our plan all along, but it isn't.

Koch won't do it. But McGuire knows that once this is done, it's just a matter of time. The time for us to get rid of Koch and his board.

It may have slipped under the radar but it is worthy of noting; the Prison Bars are going to be featured on one occasion every single AFL season from here on out, namely the home Showdown. Very slowly the walls of resistance will crumble. Keep the faith. (see last 30 seconds of video)

It may have slipped under the radar but it is worthy of noting; the Prison Bars are going to be featured on one occasion every single AFL season from here on out, namely the home Showdown. Very slowly the walls of resistance will crumble. Keep the faith. (see last 30 seconds of video)

Without a proper announcement this isn’t worth s**t as they weasel out of statements like this far too regularly.

It's either not actually locked in or Koch is genuinely worried about blowback from his imaginary teal brigade

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Round 23 huh.
With a Day and Time yet to be determined.
If Port and the Crows are Top 8, what are the chances of it being a nationally televised game?

---------------------------------
Other games that Round:
Collingwood V Brisbane - being 1 minor round away from finals that WILL be the Friday night game.

Essendon V Sydney at Marvel - Sat
Suns Vs Melbourne - Sat
Giants Vs Freo - Sat

Hawthorn vs Richmond - Sat night

Port vs Crows - shown on fta from Ceduna to Bordertown
St Kilda vs Geelong - Sat or Sun? - could also be the Saturday night game

Bulldogs vs North - Sun
Eagles vs Carlton - Sun

-----------------------

Like many (most) of you I'd swap it for Round 7 in a heartbeat.

1707790471444.png

Bob-Quinn-1939-GF-celebrations.JPG

I played a bit of cricket at East Torrens when Greg was the A Grade keeper, wish I understood who he was back then.

Last edited:
Round 23 huh.
With a Day and Time yet to be determined.
If Port and the Crows are Top 8, what are the chances of it being a nationally televised game?

---------------------------------
Other games that Round:
Collingwood V Brisbane - being 1 minor round away from finals that WILL be the Friday night game.

Essendon V Sydney at Marvel - Sat
Suns Vs Melbourne - Sat
Giants Vs Freo - Sat

Hawthorn vs Richmond - Sat night

Port vs Crows - shown on fta from Ceduna to Bordertown
St Kilda vs Geelong - Sat or Sun? - could also be the Saturday night game

Bulldogs vs North - Sun
Eagles vs Carlton - Sun

-----------------------

Like many (most) of you I'd swap it for Round 7 in a heartbeat.

View attachment 1904322

Bob-Quinn-1939-GF-celebrations.JPG

I played a bit of cricket at East Torrens when Greg was the A Grade keeper, wish I understood who he was back then.

There's 3 games at Marvel that round, so one of them will have to be on the Friday Night.

Collingwood vs Brisbane will either be Saturday Night on Ch7 or Sunday 3:20 on Ch7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back