Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The most obvious course of action is wearing this jumper as the main home jumper. It’s a great looking jumper and you can wear the original bars on special occasions. Everybody wins
View attachment 1948805
How can you not understand that jumper would be a conceding of defeat before the match starts, every single week.

Take whatever brain cells remain in your skull and ask them to ponder the bloody obvious.

And while you are at it, please put this on your jumper so we over here still using black and white tv's can differentiate you from Essendon. Thank you.

1712174345677.png

Chocco's comments on the Front Bar last night when he said the PB's should be worn in the home Showdown only and the club's new colour was teal, was to say the least very disappointing. o_O
He was quoted as saying the exact same thing on the same show 4 years ago.

if everyone who is a member and wants us to wear the PBs cancels their membership, that would eventually work. everything else is just squabbling that doesn't matter, but if the membership number drops to under 50 or 40k they'll just change the guernsey to get the numbers back up, it's no big deal at all.

if everyone who is a member and wants us to wear the PBs cancels their membership, that would eventually work. everything else is just squabbling that doesn't matter, but if the membership number drops to under 50 or 40k they'll just change the guernsey to get the numbers back up, it's no big deal at all.
Then 100% of the membership doesn't want it? Check mate Port Power

He was quoted as saying the exact same thing on the same show 4 years ago.
I wasn't aware of Chocco doing that, but when he brought out the pic of himself, Anthony, and Stephen as very young kids in full Maggie's gear running on Alberton oval in front of the grandstand, my immediate thought was things were heading in the right direction.

He then followed that up by showing his first (obviously knitted by his mom) PB's, and then his first lace up, but then poured cold water on the segment with his teal comment.

This will no doubt upset a few and I may have misinterpreted the situation, but I thought Chocco was at times more interested in pushing the William's family barrow than that of the club itself, but to cut him some slack it could have been his way of suggesting what the club is now, compared to what it once was.

Choco's legacy is in Power colours and branding, and he's massive on legacy IMO. He doesn't want future generations to look back on pictures and videos of his crowning glory and not immediately realise it's Port Adelaide.

I don't really care about this anymore because the club have conceded defeat on the issue and with every passing year a lesser and lesser percentage of our supporter base even identify with the concept of the PBs anyway. In other words, the club have successfully put this in the too hard basket and it's never happening.

I think we should pivot to push for the Pirates rebrand.

This will no doubt upset a few and I may have misinterpreted the situation, but I thought Chocco was at times more interested in pushing the William's family barrow than that of the club itself, but to cut him some slack it could have been his way of suggesting what the club is now, compared to what it once was.

Agree with this, Jenny is much the same. I can't really blame them or complain, given what the family has done for us, but the Williams legacy is paramount for them.

I don't really care about this anymore because the club have conceded defeat on the issue and with every passing year a lesser and lesser percentage of our supporter base even identify what the concept of the PBs anyway. In other words, the club have successfully put this in the too hard basket and it's never happening.

I think we should pivot to push for the Pirates rebrand.

I see this as a classic hard or soft taco shell situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plonka - while I guess you think you are helping, do you understand the difference between the singular and plural forms of words?
You mean Collingwood home 'games'?
Having dealt with them for a while now you shouldn't be too surprised if the next thing they demand is for you to show up to their games that you aren't playing in as well.

On a slightly different subject has there been any discussion on what's going to happen when the Port Magpies join the VFL?

On a slightly different subject has there been any discussion on what's going to happen when the Port Magpies join the VFL?

Nothing official but I think the intention is the PB's will be allowed full time in the reserves competition as it is not televised. Unless the AFL has other plans in regards to television and marketing on a reserves competition.

Nothing official but I think the intention is the PB's will be allowed full time in the reserves competition as it is not televised. Unless the AFL has other plans in regards to television and marketing on a reserves competition.
VFL is definitely televised in VIC
Free to air.

Why would we care about wearing the PBs in the VFL or AFL reserves comp? It actually diminishes the status of the guernsey to relegate it to reserves guernsey. At least in the SANFL there is the associated history albeit it's now effectively a reserves team. In the VFL or AFL reserves comp, who cares.

Let me tell you what is going to happen.

- a) The VFL will allow Port to wear the prison bars in the VFL competition, as a way to get Port and Adelaide away from the SANFL and into their monopoly

- b) The AFL will then refuse to let Port wear the prison bars in the AFL reserves competition once they split the VFL into AFL Reserves and a revamped VFL

If you can't see that coming you are wearing a blindfold.

I refuse to accept that joining a VFL/AFL reserves is a good idea.
Renegotiate with the SANFL until it resembles the 1970's structure or be the AFL's bitches in perpetuity.
At least, don't agree to being duped until the Crows do their Pinocchio in 2028.

Unfortunately though, the current board work in the interests of the AFL first, and the club second.
So lube up boys.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice ...

Last edited:
IIRC the topic was briefly discussed at the AGM, I think their expectation is home games at Alberton will be with us wearing the PBs, but the scenario Interstater described above would not surprise me in the slightest.

Why would we care about wearing the PBs in the VFL or AFL reserves comp? It actually diminishes the status of the guernsey to relegate it to reserves guernsey. At least in the SANFL there is the associated history albeit it's now effectively a reserves team. In the VFL or AFL reserves comp, who cares.
Yea this and the magpies nick should be mothballed completely when we join.

Collingwood already don't own black and white in the VFL, Southport wear it as well. Southport have even worn a heritage guernsey that featured stripes. We should just wear the Prison Bars at home whether we're "allowed to" or not.

How can you not understand that jumper would be a conceding of defeat before the match starts, every single week.

Take whatever brain cells remain in your skull and ask them to ponder the bloody obvious.

And while you are at it, please put this on your jumper so we over here still using black and white tv's can differentiate you from Essendon. Thank you.

View attachment 1949054
It’s a good looking jumper. You’re never getting the one you want so might as well embrace the elite teal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back